Three mistakes Dallas made in the draft this year

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Didn't Tyreek Hill threaten to kill his pregnant girlfriend or something? Would people have traded a 4th round pick for him?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Point 1 is just wrong.
Kelvin Joseph is a much better prospect than Asante Samuel Jr.
Joseph is riskier and less experienced but Samuel is a maxed out guy that will always be small and likely has a future as a nickel CB.
Quinn's system relies on size outside. Samuel was likely not a consideration at all in this scheme.

Point 2. Agreed.

Point 3. Uh, no.
Dallas was going to see Devonta Smith 2 times a year regardless, the next two picks were both NFCE teams.
Getting a free R3 to drop and take the same guy was a huge win.
I never want to help the Eagles but this was a case of betting with house money and collecting a free reward.
The Giants were a better team than the Eagles last year, had guys coming back from injury and appear well coached.
The Eagles just hired a head coach from the cheesesteak shop and have crazy cap concerns.
Easy to tilt that one to eagles and call it a win for Dallas.

DaBoys12

Reaction score
My question is there is word out of NY that the Giants were an absolute mess when the Eagles jumped them. If that's the case why didn't the Cowboys call NY and tell them what's about to happen? Maybe the Giants panic and send us there 2nd or some better offer. Just my 2 cents about the draft.
My thoughts as well. Tell the Eagles to hold on, and immediately call the Giants and ask them how they feel about what’s fixing to happen? Maybe they did idk? But that’s what I would have done!

CoachD

Reaction score
Here are the Cowboy's issues when it comes to the draft....

1. The draft players with an injury history. Way too many times they get guys in the draft that have to get healthy eventually and with this philosophy you're paying a guy to sit on the bench and Jaylon Smith who is a great person, hard worker, probably a great son, father, and dad but there is no way that the Cowboy's should have taken a chance on this guy especially in the second round.

2. They draft players with way too much baggage, do I need to elaborate?

3. With this drafting approach the Cowboy's are either red shirting guys or baby siting and that is the main reason why the Cowboys haven't been in an NFC championship in the last 25 freakin years!

Sydla

Reaction score
https://fansided.com/2021/05/06/3-mistakes-cowboys-made-nfl-draft-year/3/

So I know we all want to read about the shiney side of our draft..but there appears to be so.e hiccups too. Remains to see how it all works out.

:hammer:

2 of the three points were a reach.

One, who cares that we helped the Eagles? If the Eagles didn't trade up, the Giants would have taken Smith. So damned if you do, damned if you don't. And frankly, one might argue that the Giants are closing to contending than the Eagles right now.

The other was the Joseph pick. Samuel is overrated and if you read some analysis, might not have been a great fit in what Quinn wants to do.