News: Three Reasons Ezekiel Elliott Will Bounce Back in 2021

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Last season is a terrible reference to judge any player frankly. But what it did illustrate is that Pollard isn't going to give you the production. Elliott will have a better season if he's healthy and we have some relevant linemen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He simply doesn’t have the wheels anymore to be a threat to other teams. Case closed.
not cased closed he had it plenty of times in small doses this year, it was CLEARLIY THE OL, DEFENSE, PLAYING FROM BEHIND, USING 4 QBS TC ETC

GET OVER IT HES FAR FROM DONE AND AGREE 100% BOUNCE BACK, NOT 2016 ZEKE BUT NOONE FROM 2016 IS PLAYING LIKE THEY WERE BUT 2019 ZEKE , EASY AND THAT STILL GOOD FOR PASS HAPPY TEAM WITH AN OC WHO STILL HASNT FIGURED OTU SCHEMING IN REAL RUN PLAYS, HE USED FB TYPE PLAYS FOR EE AND POLLARD..

Chuck 54

Reaction score
So Dak leads the team and plays on his rookie contract while Zeke holds out 2 years early and pockets MILLIONS. And we wonder why he isn’t signed yet?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The "get better" argument is flawed because he does not need to .. He's fine.. aside from the ridiculous spate of fumbles early in the season which again as we observed over the last 10 games I believe he got that figured out. Zeke should have better numbers this season for no other reason than his line won't stink out loud for most of the season and he won't have to break tackles in the backfield on 30% of his carries. Just cut that in half and he gains another 200 yards doing exactly what he did last season. Oh and throw in that his team won't fall behind by 3 scores with quite the same regularity it did ..means he will more opportunities to wear defenses down and feast on them in the 4th quarter. He averaged 5.1 ypc in the 4th in 2020 but only got 53 4th quarter totes. Just for reference he had 69 4th quarter carries in 2017.. IN ONLY 10 GAMES. Blame falling behind.. Moore's play calling.. whatever you want to chalk it up to but this team refused to lean on its running game this year even when it was working. In the season finale it was pretty much a one score game the whole way.. Yet we threw it 47 times and ran it 27. I will repeat it until I'm blue in the face. If that's the style of offense they want to play it's fine.. They don't need a 90 million dollar running back to do it. If they are not going to use Zeke they SHOULD trade him yesterday. Period.

I doubt any team has any interest in Zeke's contract *for free*. Just bad value.

Where we agree is that I think he got his fumbling under control. I think only 1 fumble it the back half of the season.

The best data I've seen in favor of Zeke is the comparison of Zeke and Pollard on 1st and 10. Pollard's numbers were awful: 2.7 ypc. On the flip side, Pollard's numbers were much better on 2nd and 3rd.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I doubt any team has any interest in Zeke's contract *for free*. Just bad value.

Where we agree is that I think he got his fumbling under control. I think only 1 fumble it the back half of the season.

The best data I've seen in favor of Zeke is the comparison of Zeke and Pollard on 1st and 10. Pollard's numbers were awful: 2.7 ypc. On the flip side, Pollard's numbers were much better on 2nd and 3rd.

The numbers make sense given that defenses focus more heavily on stopping the run on first down than the other three unless of course it's 3rd or 4th and short. Being the more heralded back obviously means that teams play us more to run with Zeke in the game on any down than it does Pollard. Zeke averaging a more than a yard and a half more on first down is huge.. It meant s lot fewer 2nd and longs and the offense having a better chance of success on subsequent downs. I still think Moore needs to get better at calling running plays regardless of who is in the game. We had way too many instances of guys roaming free in our backfield waiting for the back to take the handoff even with the line being beat up. You have to be able to scheme yourself into more favorable matchups and quit allowing the other team's best d-lineman to go unblocked. By design!!! I think if the four horsemen (Prescott, Smith, Martin and Collins) come back healthy much of this will melt away anyway.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
3 Reasons Ezekiel Elliott Will Bounce Back in 2021

matthewlenix_star-blog_3-reasons-ezekiel-elliott-will-bounce-back-in-2021-scaled.jpg

The 2020 season was a rough one for the Dallas Cowboys, and in particular for their top runner Ezekiel Elliott. His 979 yards were a career-low and it marked the first time he failed to reach 1,000 yards in a full season of action. He only had two 100-yard games, tied a career-high in fumbles (6), and his eight total touchdowns were the least he’s had in any season.

Elliott’s doubters now have plenty of ammunition to criticize the former two-time rushing champion. However, three factors could very well silence them and put Elliott’s name back at the top when people mention the best running backs in the NFL.
  • The return of Dak Prescott
  • A healthy offensive line
  • Rebuilding his reputation

Read Full Story

Only 3 reasons ?

hmmm...
hmmm...

doesnt sound very convincing to me.

fredp22

Reaction score
3 reasons he wont-

1- hes already got his large guaranteed contract
2- the team isnt that good to chance injury on
3- hes out of shape with no coaches that push him

blueblood70

Reaction score
The "get better" argument is flawed because he does not need to .. He's fine.. aside from the ridiculous spate of fumbles early in the season which again as we observed over the last 10 games I believe he got that figured out. Zeke should have better numbers this season for no other reason than his line won't stink out loud for most of the season and he won't have to break tackles in the backfield on 30% of his carries. Just cut that in half and he gains another 200 yards doing exactly what he did last season. Oh and throw in that his team won't fall behind by 3 scores with quite the same regularity it did ..means he will more opportunities to wear defenses down and feast on them in the 4th quarter. He averaged 5.1 ypc in the 4th in 2020 but only got 53 4th quarter totes. Just for reference he had 69 4th quarter carries in 2017.. IN ONLY 10 GAMES. Blame falling behind.. Moore's play calling.. whatever you want to chalk it up to but this team refused to lean on its running game this year even when it was working. In the season finale it was pretty much a one score game the whole way.. Yet we threw it 47 times and ran it 27. I will repeat it until I'm blue in the face. If that's the style of offense they want to play it's fine.. They don't need a 90 million dollar running back to do it. If they are not going to use Zeke they SHOULD trade him yesterday. Period.

agree 100%

dont want him traded but using a volume blue chip RB like Fullback ie throw in some crumbing run lays that do not fit the offesne ie pass happy run left right middle occasionally abandon the run when its workig , not using the runaround the GL etc etc

zeke had very good 2019 despite KM ,

2020 an anomaly with all the injuries' and playing with 2-3 score deficits, down year for sure, haters couldn't wait for down year to say hes done..they were on him like vultures on road kill..

I still saw a tough running cut back back when it was possible, yes he got hurt twice came back c19 etc etc it was bad year period not many on the team experienced a GOOD YEAR..

yet throw EE under the bus for complete TEAM meltdown most of which were due heavily to injury...smh

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

matthewlenix_star-blog_3-reasons-ezekiel-elliott-will-bounce-back-in-2021-scaled.jpg

The 2020 season was a rough one for the Dallas Cowboys, and in particular for their top runner Ezekiel Elliott. His 979 yards were a career-low and it marked the first time he failed to reach 1,000 yards in a full season of action. He only had two 100-yard games, tied a career-high in fumbles (6), and his eight total touchdowns were the least he’s had in any season.

Elliott’s doubters now have plenty of ammunition to criticize the former two-time rushing champion. However, three factors could very well silence them and put Elliott’s name back at the top when people mention the best running backs in the NFL.

Read Full Story
Reason number 1. He’s great.
no 2He’s the best player in this team.
No 3 He’ll have a line that’s not bottom 10.
no. 4 He’s a beast.

Shane612

Reaction score

Read Full Story
It's not the total yards gaines that's bothersome.
It's his average yards per carry. It's dropping.
He's only 25 years old.....
I think two things can help him rebound:
Improved Oline, and he loses about 15-20 pounds and get back some of the quickness he lost when he packed on the weight.
But then, he was never a TonyD type of runner anyway.

Shane612

Reaction score
No he won't, much like Dak, he's just an average player.
They're both above average.
How much better than average is the question.
Zeke is not much better than average. Which sucks because he is still very young. First he needs to get some of his quickness back.
Dak....who knows? ~shrug..... :huh:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
its a sinking ship at this point, sorry mates, but its time to bail, that means bail water.
I will never jump ship, but I will gladly toss EE over board.