News: Three Reasons Ezekiel Elliott Will Bounce Back in 2021

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3 Reasons Ezekiel Elliott Will Bounce Back in 2021

matthewlenix_star-blog_3-reasons-ezekiel-elliott-will-bounce-back-in-2021-scaled.jpg

The 2020 season was a rough one for the Dallas Cowboys, and in particular for their top runner Ezekiel Elliott. His 979 yards were a career-low and it marked the first time he failed to reach 1,000 yards in a full season of action. He only had two 100-yard games, tied a career-high in fumbles (6), and his eight total touchdowns were the least he’s had in any season.

Elliott’s doubters now have plenty of ammunition to criticize the former two-time rushing champion. However, three factors could very well silence them and put Elliott’s name back at the top when people mention the best running backs in the NFL.
  • The return of Dak Prescott
  • A healthy offensive line
  • Rebuilding his reputation

Read Full Story

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
LOL at Elliott's tweet "Whoever that is, is faded lol". He's the one that was faded. All those fumbles. What the heck man?

I want to see this guy rebound because he sucked compared to his contract last year. But how likely is that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

matthewlenix_star-blog_3-reasons-ezekiel-elliott-will-bounce-back-in-2021-scaled.jpg

The 2020 season was a rough one for the Dallas Cowboys, and in particular for their top runner Ezekiel Elliott. His 979 yards were a career-low and it marked the first time he failed to reach 1,000 yards in a full season of action. He only had two 100-yard games, tied a career-high in fumbles (6), and his eight total touchdowns were the least he’s had in any season.

Elliott’s doubters now have plenty of ammunition to criticize the former two-time rushing champion. However, three factors could very well silence them and put Elliott’s name back at the top when people mention the best running backs in the NFL.

Read Full Story
So basically zeke needs everything perfect around him and 350 touches?

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I think those are valid points the article makes. I don’t think we ever see 2016 Elliott again, but surely I think he can improve on last year due to said points. I’m aware RBs don’t get better with age, but I think he had SO much stacked against him last year that I only see improvement. I’ll go 250 more yards this year.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if Zeke is better next year, he will never be what he was 2016-19. RBs that play like he does and have carried such a huge workload all the way back to his college days almost never have big rebounds. It’s why NFL teams hoisting Lombardis these days don’t sink a ton of cap space on a RB.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I hope he rebounds, but I'm not counting those chickens till they hatch. I don't think we'll ever see him run again like he did before he got the big contract.

chagus

Reaction score
Valid points. All of them. Zeke is used to being the
best at his position. He wants to be there again. A healthy oline and Dak back will certainly help.

Im not giving up on Zeke just yet. It was a bad season for the entire TEAM.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Read Full Story

I stopped reading after your first reason......
P.S. Here's some advice.....no running back can achieve their full potential when the defense does not fear your passing attack!
STOP Zeke win the game.....