Three reasons why I think the Cowboys won

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
In my opinion:

1) Rams overlooked us. I know they needed this win, but I have an odd feeling Sean Mcvay spent a couple days thinking about 49ers this week.

2) Our players gave it 100%. They were tough out there.

3) Garrett coached one hell of a game even though some here won't ever admit it. As I have said since my first day here, Garrett can coach. If we go 9-7, we are gonna make noise. This **** aint over folks

I don't think Garrett did anthing.

Moore called the plays.

The defense shut down the Rams run game.

People like to credit Garrett. But today's game was done by our players. Not Garrett.

dckid

Reaction score
If ya'll are gonna roast the coaches when we lose, then you gotta give them props when the team wins.

Reminded me of the Eagles game. Very few mistakes and play execution was spot on for the most part. Go Cowboys.
Yes I do give them credit for calling a goI’d game. You know early in the game after they got that big screen pass to Reynolds I was really upset. I really hate it when teams can run these junk plays and gash us.
We finally played a game where we didn’t kill ourselves. We let the online mail the other team. We owned time of possession. Loved the drive that went from our 3 to the end zone. That is Cowboy football.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Garrett exploited the Rams somewhat but the Rams aren’t that good this season.

sideon

Reaction score
In my opinion:

1) Rams overlooked us. I know they needed this win, but I have an odd feeling Sean Mcvay spent a couple days thinking about 49ers this week.

3) Garrett coached one hell of a game even though some here won't ever admit it. As I have said since my first day here, Garrett can coach. If we go 9-7, we are gonna make noise. This **** aint over folks
1.Yes they did overlook the Cowboys, and if you notice both the Bills & Bears made sure to mention that they weren't going to take the Cowboys lightly.
2.They did and it makes the 3 game losing streak look even worse.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Did they execute old plan or throw some wrinkles this time? I don’t know. Didn’t look like Rams players knew the plays. I just know that JG seems to always do well with his back up against the wall. Kudos to him and the win.

If JG gets team to NFC championship some how then fine keep him if not don’t sign him.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
In my opinion:

The Rams came out flat. This team just get on my nerve. I knew they would come out flat too. McVay didn't even run a single Jet Sweet until it was too late. Basically the play-calling he had against the Seahawks was not used today. He better not be another Mike Martz. Every Rams fans and lot of Cowboys fans assure me they were going to get their *** whoop but I knew better. After Wince and the shiggles beat the deadskin last minute, I knew this was going to be a possiblity.

On the other hand, I can't wait to see Rams new stadium next year. See if Rams fans actually show up or not...and there is the XFL 2020!

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I don't think Garrett did anthing.

Moore called the plays.

The defense shut down the Rams run game.

People like to credit Garrett. But today's game was done by our players. Not Garrett.
Not trying to be combative but since Garrett didn't have anything to do with them winning, was he the reason they lost or was that on the players also? Just checking.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In my opinion:

I don't think McVay would overlook us, perhaps the players might have...but McVay is a detailed oriented coach. and Wade obviously has his thing about beating the cowboys. I think Rams in general have looked off offensively this year. I look at the division games differently than other games since teams tend to know each other too well, either coaches or players or both, so results are always a bit different for division games.

I agree, that execution was good, specially on the OL, that's where it all starts and when you can run the ball effectively it makes it triply hard on defense.

defensively, we played different and pressed at the line and their WRs couldn't get much separation and we gave them the throws in the middle. that was good game planning on the coaches....

and yes, players seemed focused....when you are not as focused you tend to make those little mistakes that cost you the game.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Guys, the Cowboys aren't tough to figure out. We do certain things really, really well. We are among the most talented rosters, among the starters, in the NFL. If you have the personnel to match up with us and make us do something else, make us adjust, we don't do that well. If you can do that, you have a chance to beat us. If you can't do that, it's gonna look a lot like yesterday for you. That's not about coaching, I'm sorry. That's about talent. That game showed you yesterday exactly why we need to get a new Coaching Staff in here. I'm sorry, that's just the truth.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The players didn’t let Garrett become a factor. We could had a scarecrow on the sideline today. Too bad teams actually need a HC to win in this league. If Jerry would even had had a Rivera or Mke Zimmerman we have 11 wins right now.
It's false to suggest that a head coach has no role with the team except in the sideline on game day. The reason the team could have won with a scarecrow on the sidelines yesterday was because the team was prepared and focused going into the game. That also ultimately falls on the head coach.

This win doesn't override all the weeks the team wasn't prepared or focused enough, but if Garrett takes the hit for not having them prepared and focused, it's also fair to give him some credit when they are.

ICP

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys won because they played a team that has been almost as inconsistant as they have this year.