Three reasons why I think the Cowboys won

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Strange reason not to like someone.
No!! Lol! That ball had nothing to do with it. He's just not very likable in person. Kinda stuck on himself. I met with him and his agent for a possible camp and he takes out a ball and signs it to me. Lol, I just threw I'm my bag and gave it away when I got back to the office.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The players didn’t let Garrett become a factor. We could had a scarecrow on the sideline today. Too bad teams actually need a HC to win in this league. If Jerry would even had had a Rivera or Mke Zimmerman we have 11 wins right now.

rivera really? That guy hasn't won his division or sniff a playoff game in 5 years.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys won because they played a team that has been almost as inconsistant as they have this year.
The rams were 8-5 which is a lot more consistent than 6-7. imho

We came out and just plain beat them. I was wondering how we beat them so bad when less than a year ago, they shellacked us in the playoffs? Just blows my mind. Of course we didn't have witten. That's just a joke. Jason did quite well yesterday. I was impressed with that td catch.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In my opinion:

1) Rams overlooked us. I know they needed this win, but I have an odd feeling Sean Mcvay spent a couple days thinking about 49ers this week.

2) Our players gave it 100%. They were tough out there.

3) Garrett coached one hell of a game even though some here won't ever admit it. As I have said since my first day here, Garrett can coach. If we go 9-7, we are gonna make noise. This **** aint over folks

Defense was amazing. Woods at dt is probably the unsung hero of this game.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Defense was amazing. Woods at dt is probably the unsung hero of this game.
I thought Awuzie was awesome. It was a total team effort to win. The Rams Headcoach was at a loss. Sometimes no matter what you do, you just can't pull yourself out of the quicksand. (The Replacements) :laugh:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Don't kid yourself........this was all Garrett.

Praise be to Garrett.

RS12

Reaction score
There Is one simple reason they won. The coach on the other sideline decided very early he wanted to win via the pass and really didn't bother with the run. Then when they fell behind by 14 and had to chuck it play after play, that coach found out the hard way that his very expensive QB isn't built to play from behind.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
1). The kick out of bounds may have actually helped we like to dig ourselves into a hole. When we held them scoreless after that it was a confidence booster.

2). We played a softer team than we were. They were tackling like we were last week. Lots of arm tackles and bull fighting tackles.

3). They played into our hands with the play calls. Lots of passing with a qb with a banged up hand. Everyone know we have trouble with midget backs and rpo.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Not trying to be combative but since Garrett didn't have anything to do with them winning, was he the reason they lost or was that on the players also? Just checking.

I also blame the players for the lost too on some games. Dak and the defense was the main reason why we lost against Green Bay and Buffalo.

But against New Orleans, Minny and the Patriots, I blame it on coaching. The Jets game should be blamed on the entire team.

I certainly want Garrett gone. But some of the games we lost were because of player's mistakes and not playing up to their abilities.

The problem with Dallas is that there is a leadership issue. Not enough accountability, lack of focus and attention to deal, and stuck on status quo mentality. When the coach doesn't want to make changes on behalf of the team and when he would rather stick to the same ole' playbook which hasn't worked for years, than that is the main problem.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3 losses seem to mean a lot to this team. Last time we had 3 straight losses, we slaughtered the Eagles. Same situation right now. Dallas has to have their backs against the walls. That’s why we won today. They enjoy being the underdogs for some reason.

Of all the things to criticize the team for...you are claiming they lose so they can enjoy being underdogs?

I'd rather think they just suck, or don;t take it as seriously as they should. But they lose to have their backs against the wall so they can enjoy being underdogs? Man. that is some serious weird sheet right there.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Of all the things to criticize the team for...you are claiming they lose so they can enjoy being underdogs?

I'd rather think they just suck, or don;t take it as seriously as they should. But they lose to have their backs against the wall so they can enjoy being underdogs? Man. that is some serious weird sheet right there.

I didn’t say that they purposefully lose to be underdogs. You are misinterpreting my entire post. I said it SEEMS that the only way they win is by being underDogs. I obviously don’t think they are doing it on purpose, I’m just pointing it out that every time we’re underdogs, we come out guns blazing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did they execute old plan or throw some wrinkles this time? I don’t know. Didn’t look like Rams players knew the plays. I just know that JG seems to always do well with his back up against the wall. Kudos to him and the win.

If JG gets team to NFC championship some how then fine keep him if not don’t sign him.

I would think JG's back has been against the wall for MANY MANY games now. Why do you think THIS one was so special?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The defense actually did something they haven’t done in a long, long time. They disguised fronts, coverages, blitzed from all sets in all situations, and confused the QB and the coach. We all know the Rams get to the line quickly and McVay calls the plays, blocking, and tells Goff what to do, snapping the ball before communication cuts off. By finally disguising defensive fronts, we confused the QB and the coach because we haven’t done that throughout Marinelli and Richard’s tenures.

whether Richard came up with that or was told to do it by Garrett, I don’t care. But coaching had a huge impact on our defense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t say that they purposefully lose to be underdogs. You are misinterpreting my entire post. I said it SEEMS that the only way they win is by being underDogs. I obviously don’t think they are doing it on purpose, I’m just pointing it out that every time we’re underdogs, we come out guns blazing.

But aren't we "underdogs" almost every game? Losing two or three in a row? Underdogs against Pats? WHy is it only SOME games? Your theory is full of holes. We're "underdogs" practically all the time. Even against bad teams.....in reality. Just read threads here for proof if you need it. Jerry will never win, JG always outcoached. Zeke overweight, overpaid, underachieve and sucks. Cooper in decline. A constant barrage of "underdogness".

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In my opinion:

1) Rams overlooked us. I know they needed this win, but I have an odd feeling Sean Mcvay spent a couple days thinking about 49ers this week.

3) Garrett coached one hell of a game even though some here won't ever admit it. As I have said since my first day here, Garrett can coach. If we go 9-7, we are gonna make noise. This **** aint over folks
Rams didn’t overlook the Cowboys. They had to win to stay in the playoff hunt. #2 is the reason and only reason the Cowboys won.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
In my opinion:

This Team has a REAL problem with consistancy. up and down , wonder which team shows up against the e-girls ???

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
But aren't we "underdogs" almost every game? Losing two or three in a row? Underdogs against Pats? WHy is it only SOME games? Your theory is full of holes. We're "underdogs" practically all the time. Even against bad teams.....in reality. Just read threads here for proof if you need it. Jerry will never win, JG always outcoached. Zeke overweight, overpaid, underachieve and sucks. Cooper in decline. A constant barrage of "underdogness".

According to the Vegas and many other games, we have only been underdogs twice this season. We are talented. We shouldn’t be underdogs. I’m done arguing. This argument doesn’t even make sense anymore.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I don't like deion. He gave me an autographed football once. I didn't even ask for it. I gave it to one of my old players.

Lol. I love it.

I pulled a subversive dis on Ronnie Lott when he was a Jet. He was handing out autographed photos at a grand opening. I shook his hand. His grip was unreal.

When I got my photo I handed mine to my co-worker immediately who now had two. He didnt notice, I didn't care.

Will say this. That dude was carved out of granite hard looking. He was much bigger in person. And spoke very very little. Very dangerous looking dude for sure.