Three teams interested in 17 pick

jnday

Reaction score
I wonder if the Jets dangled Jamal Adams after seeing that Lamb was still there?
If I was Jerry and they called me , I would have told them that it would cost them Adams and their first. They told Jerry that it would take the Dallas first pick and Tyron or Zack Martin, so I would have made it a high priced trade for them now that we had something that they want.

DFWJC

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/...lls-dallas-cowboys-select-17th-pick-nfl-draft

"In fact, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Lamb was the sixth-rated player on their draft board, and the Cowboys passed on three different trade-down opportunities."
  1. Philly's problem is they didn't have their regular 3rd round pick (85). They really needed that 3rd and 4th (127) to make a fair trade offer. I'm guessing they offered 101 and 127--which comes up very short. The only pick left for Atlanta to ask for was the 2nd--which would be way overpaying by Philly. So no deal
  2. Desperate to replace Stefon Diggs, I suspect Minnesota offered to move up when we were on the clock. They got a great WR in Jefferson but probably couldn't believe Lamb fell that far. Jerry said "no", obviously.
  3. Not sure who the 3rd team was.
Just was really surprised Philly took Reagor instead of Jefferson, or even Aiyuk for that matter. I'm sure Minnesota was thrilled though.

Last edited:

bewp7

Reaction score
good, glad they didnt trade back because unless it was jacksonville calling they probably would have lost out on lamb and chaisson for an extra 3rd.

Swagger

Reaction score
  1. Philly's problem is they didn't have their regular 3rd round pick (85). They really needed that 3rd and 4th (127) to make a fair trade offer. I'm guessing they offered 101 and 127--which comes up very short. The only pick left for Atlanta to ask for was the 2nd--which would be way overpaying by Philly. So no deal
  2. Desperate to replace Stefon Diggs, I suspect Minnesota offered to move up when we were on the clock. They got a great WR in Jefferson but probably couldn't believe Lamb fell that far. Jerry said "no", obviously.
Just was really surprised Philly too Reagor instead of Jefferson. I'm sure Minnesota was thrilled though.

Initially I was surprised but it's about fit - Jefferson has been a slot guy to date whereas Reagor gives them an outside guy, a genuine deep threat. Whether people rate him or not, Wentz only had a deep threat last season for like 2 games in Deshawn Jackson and looked a million dollars then Jackson got injured. So I can understand their logic.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

btcutter

Reaction score
I wonder if the Jets dangled Jamal Adams after seeing that Lamb was still there?

Sure I would have ask for Adams and their 2nd round pick. During middle of draft your first round pick is like gold.

btcutter

Reaction score
Well, what were the teams offering is the all-important missing information. Without that information, can't really make a determination on whether it was good to take him or should have traded.

TB didn't seem to give up much to move one slot ahead. NE didn't seem to get much in their trade. Don't know what GB gave up to move up.

Yeap. They probably low ball JJ thinking he may fall for a Fredricks type trade.

If some teams wants to really over pay and give me their 1st AND 2nd this year I would have to seriously consider that given the holes on this team.

OUCowboy

CirrusBLow
Reaction score
I wouldn’t have traded this pick (Lamb) for anything other than a 1st this year and a 1st next year to a team like Miami who's pretty much guaranteed to suck. This kid doesn’t just help the passing game, he opens up the running game for Zeke and Pollard as well. If you stack the box vs. Dallas - your *** is grass.

Trust me, I know from watching Lamb at OU, he is not afraid to mix it up in the run game. He will knock someone's head off if they aren't watching.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Did you watch him play? Ain’t no hoping about it. If he’s playing the Eagles, Commanders and Giants be crying
Yes I've watched him play.
As I said let's hope he gives close to the same output as Dez did for us.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just was really surprised Philly took Reagor instead of Jefferson, or even Aiyuk for that matter. I'm sure Minnesota was thrilled though.
Is it overpaying if the guy should have been the #6 pick in the draft?

fivetwos

Reaction score
That's a great point but I dont think they would have moved Adams for Lamb. They want more.

Plus, Adams needs to be signed before traded for. Not the kind of deal that's made on the clock.

I want Adams badly but at this point I'm hoping for Chinn, Delpit, McKinney or Winfield at 51 (in that order) and that'll be that for the Adams talk.