Three teams interested in 17 pick

DFWJC

Reaction score
Is it overpaying if the guy should have been the #6 pick in the draft?
I very seriously doubt Philly had Lamb graded as the 6th best player. But who knows. Most analysts had Lamb in the 9-10 range. Dallas liked him better, I guess.

But you make a great point. I was thinking about that earlier. Whatever Philly's 1st and 2nd rounders added up to, did that value equal where they had him on their board? Chances are it did or came close.
But then we're back to the normal question if they want to give up both the 1st and 2nd...period. If they did, they could've just traded up 4-5 picks earlier. It was clear they wanted to keep that 2nd.

They stand to land a very good player today with that pick if they don't screw it up.

In the future, the question in Philly will be "was Lamb better than both Reagor and whoever they take at 53 combined"?
Brugler has that player as Grant Delph, others have it as Blacklock, Logan Wilson, or Raekwon Davis. Guess we'll see.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Both the trades you mentioned were exactly by the traditional trade chart. New England got 765 points and gave up 760. SF got 1160 and gave up 1150.

Based on that chart, closest value for the 17th pick would look like:
18 + 114 (1st and 4th rounder--Miami traded away their 4th though)
21 + 85 (Eagles' 1st and 3rd)
28 + 60 (Ravens' 1st and 2nd)

For picks between those, there'd have to be balancing picks included. Dropping below 28 would require an extra pick going to Dallas.

Thanks for the inf. Based on those scenarios, Jerry made the right choice in my mind declining the offers.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I very seriously doubt Philly had Lamb graded as the 6th best player. But who knows. Most analysts had Lamb in the 9-10 range. Dallas liked him better, I guess.

But you make a great point. I was thinking about that earlier. Whatever Philly's 1st and 2nd rounders added up to, did that value equal where they had him on their board? Chances are it did or came close.
But then we're back to the normal question if they want to give up both the 1st and 2nd...period. If they did, they could've just traded up 4-5 picks earlier. It was clear they wanted to keep that 2nd.

They stand to land a very good player today with that pick if they don't screw it up.

In the future, the question in Philly will be "was Lamb better than both Reagor and whoever they take at 53 combined"?
Brugler has that player as Grant Delph, others have it as Blacklock, Logan Wilson, or Raekwon Davis. Guess we'll see.
Lol, they did screw up that 2nd round pick!