Three things that Cowboys need to do to win a championship

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In my opinion number one. Reduce the penalties drastically. Number two, starting field position. Although it’s been getting better we’re still starting almost every drive on our side of the field. Number three. And this can’t be helped much, Injuries. Having talent at the rotation position. I truly don’t believe it’s just one individual. That Some seem to think it may be . So I ask what do you think of the three most important things that we need to do to take the next step. Towards the championship. Go cowboys

JBS

Reaction score
Dallas is basically the best team in the nfl at taking the ball away. You can’t start on the other side of the field by not taking the ball away.

RonWashington

Reaction score
You don’t pay someone what # 4 is making to “ set him up “ that’s absurd. No like it or not Amari got too much for salary cap digestion but they may have tried harder to keep Cedric Wilson and basically let Malik Turner go bye bye.

Let’s see what Washington brings from his Pittsburg game and I think Tolbert was one of the very good picks Dallas made . Personally sometimes “ churning the roster “ is a good thing. I’m glad 52 & 71 have new zip codes the OLine needed new blood .

Yr 2 of a 4 yr contract for Dak . It’s either serious playoff runs coming or that’s it no more “ mega deals “ for Prescott , yes it’s time .

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
1. Offensive Line needs to be top 5
2. Running game top 5 to allow play-action to be effective
3. Front 7 defense needs to stop the run

Dallas is a play-action team... if you don't make teams respect the run... they will just play coverage... keeping down and distance where running is an option on 3rd down....Dak is a different QB with a running game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
In my opinion number one. Reduce the penalties drastically. Number two, starting field position. Although it’s been getting better we’re still starting almost every drive on our side of the field. Number three. And this can’t be helped much, Injuries. Having talent at the rotation position. I truly don’t believe it’s just one individual. That Some seem to think it may be . So I ask what do you think of the three most important things that we need to do to take the next step. Towards the championship. Go cowboys
add health and luck by both your team and the opponent. its not who you play its when you play them....

Jipper

Reaction score
Yes.

This team is too soft.

The only real leader is Micah and we've only seen him for 1 season. We have to just hope that the culture in Dallas does not change him.

i don't agree that Micah is the only real leader....dak is an exceptional leader and it is probably his best trait....now in terms of phyicality, Micah is certainly the best....too bad zeke cant regain his 2016 form

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
i don't agree that Micah is the only real leader....dak is an exceptional leader and it is probably his best trait....now in terms of phyicality, Micah is certainly the best....too bad zeke cant regain his 2016 form
We can agree to disagree on the "Dak is an exceptional leader" thing.

He calls fans "bandwagon" when he gets criticized for bad play, he promotes violence against refs, and allows his brother (who he is really close with) to trash all of his teammates on twitter constantly.

kskboys

Reaction score
You absolutely cannot leave out stopping the run. It's like, that's #1, and then everything else.

Cmac

Reaction score
You don’t pay someone what # 4 is making to “ set him up “ that’s absurd. No like it or not Amari got too much for salary cap digestion but they may have tried harder to keep Cedric Wilson and basically let Malik Turner go bye bye.

Let’s see what Washington brings from his Pittsburg game and I think Tolbert was one of the very good picks Dallas made . Personally sometimes “ churning the roster “ is a good thing. I’m glad 52 & 71 have new zip codes the OLine needed new blood .

Yr 2 of a 4 yr contract for Dak . It’s either serious playoff runs coming or that’s it no more “ mega deals “ for Prescott , yes it’s time .
Watch what happens when Micah comes off the rookie contract......we seem to like players being undervalued with market price. Watch what happens.

Jipper

Reaction score
We can agree to disagree on the "Dak is an exceptional leader" thing.

He calls fans "bandwagon" when he gets criticized for bad play, he promotes violence against refs, and allows his brother (who he is really close with) to trash all of his teammates on twitter constantly.

yes we can certainly agree to disagree....i will say you can be a good leader and a jerk (which he was in that last game calling the fans to be violent). I don't know that either you or i could speak to what he has told his brother about saying negative things about his teammates....not defending him but just stating a fact that neither you nor i have visibility to that situation.

I think its a fair statement to say in the 6 years since he was drafted, he has certainly been demonstrated as the leader of this team - looking back to the playoff win against seattle and the near comeback against GB, he has certainly show that, at times, he can demonstrate the leadership not just in the lockerroom but also on the field.

Would be nice to see it come to a head this year and get to a nfcc game.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dallas is basically the best team in the nfl at taking the ball away. You can’t start on the other side of the field by not taking the ball away.
Yes but we’re always taking the ball away on the other side of the field

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I believe oline depth is a key that's overlooked