Throw the ball to Zeke more

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EXACTLY!!!! PEOPLE SEE ONE BIG PLAY AND SOMEHOW THINK IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, merely every time we throw it to Zeke it's a bail out pass play that's only worth 2 yards to me id rather we just throw it out of bounds
Maybe if it was Dak's Last second bail out?

Maybe an actual play design for him might work better?

Yes.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
EXACTLY!!!! PEOPLE SEE ONE BIG PLAY AND SOMEHOW THINK IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN ALL THE TIME, merely every time we throw it to Zeke it's a bail out pass play that's only worth 2 yards to me id rather we just throw it out of bounds
The swing pass stretches the field horizontally. When used often it is a viable weapon. Offenses should stretch the field both vertically and horizontally. Do you not remember Roger Craig and Ricky Waters in San Fran? So yes we should be using that outlet to the RB's more often.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Zeke got many of his longer yard plays on screens in the past.

stuckindc

Reaction score
If Zeke starts ripping off 30 yard receptions every week he will return to being the focal point of the defense wherever he goes and plays like that one against Washington will become impossible again. A back cannot actually "get open" running that kind of route since it's not really a route to begin with. It's just a leak out into the flat after checking if there is someone that needs to be blocked. If Zeke shows any signs of that explosiveness there will again be two defenders in his hip pocket wherever he goes whether he has the ball or not. It's a nice idea.. but we might get one or two more games of Zeke being ignored in the flat before things shift back to the way they were..
They could use him in the wheel route. Perfect set up for him or TP. The play calls for them are terrible.

stuckindc

Reaction score
I could be wrong but it seems as though every pass to a RB in this offense is a dump off/check down situation.

How do you not have any planned screeens, etc to get your backs more involved, or give defenses something else to prepare for or think about?
As we watch teams kill us with screens and we’ll designed plays for RBs

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The swing pass stretches the field horizontally. When used often it is a viable weapon. Offenses should stretch the field both vertically and horizontally. Do you not remember Roger Craig and Ricky Waters in San Fran? So yes we should be using that outlet to the RB's more often.

To a RB that can make a play

MyFairLady

Reaction score
They could use him in the wheel route. Perfect set up for him or TP. The play calls for them are terrible.
You would need the greatest offensive line ever assembled to generate the kind of time it would take for Zeke to run a wheel route. I guess you don't remember the last few times we tried that. I can promise you the words "never again" we used during the review of that film.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I am sorry but this is madness. For the last 2.5 years pass attempts to Zeke have been some of the least productive offensive plays in the history of football.
Dak seems to struggle hitting rbs. It seems every pass to zeke is either destined to go no where from the start, or he has to make an awkward adjustment to the ball.

stuckindc

Reaction score
You would need the greatest offensive line ever assembled to generate the kind of time it would take for Zeke to run a wheel route. I guess you don't remember the last few times we tried that. I can promise you the words "never again" we used during the review of that film.
Sadly

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Have a better chance of a big play throwing to Pollard. He had a 40+ yard play a couple of weeks ago on a pass.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Did Zeke not just make a play?
It depends on the amount of room around the RB. If a WR is running a come back to that side...not good. If it's thrown late to the short side of the field...not good.

Man it's not even worth responding when these guys come with the mindless absolutes. My favorite canard is the "Tony Pollard would have scored" every time Zeke has a big play.. Pollard has gotten into the open on several occasions yet somehow manages to have gotten caught on all but two or three occasions. But every time Zeke fails to house one it's "Pollard would have scored." Well then why the hell has he not scored on all the other runs where he's reached the second level? Why is that he only "would have scored" on the ones where Zeke had the ball? Our fan base is too dumb for words sometimes.

Toro9

Reaction score
Yes. Play action to him then have him straight up the field like a TE

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Last successful screen play was to Zeke in 2016. So yeah, get him back into the passing game.
They still need to get Pollard more involved in the passing game as well.

As for running the ball, Zeke is fine, it is Moore and his play calling that sucks in that area. Pollard sure didn't have any juice this last week. So put that one to bed, that he is the better runner.
We haven’t ran a screen since then! Realistically the last one was that week we played the rams week 1 and he made like 5 dudes miss beofre scoring the TD.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man it's not even worth responding when these guys come with the mindless absolutes. My favorite canard is the "Tony Pollard would have scored" every time Zeke has a big play.. Pollard has gotten into the open on several occasions yet somehow manages to have gotten caught on all but two or three occasions. But every time Zeke fails to house one it's "Pollard would have scored." Well then why the hell has he not scored on all the other runs where he's reached the second level? Why is that he only "would have scored" on the ones where Zeke had the ball? Our fan base is too dumb for words sometimes.
Pollard failed to score on that SWEET run last game. A GREAT play. But got caught. what 2-3 yards before the goal?

Love him....great for our team. But this notion that Tony's on Auto House Call....is just a idiotic rationale for zeke hate.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zeke used to be a god. He signed a massive deal then turned into pack mule. He deserves way more criticism than he is getting. Seriously go back and see what he used to look like. You could give him the ball anywhere and he was gone in a flash. He would hit top speed in a heart beat with insane power. Now he plods around like an old man looing for a warm bath. It really is shocking. How any one can defend his transformation is beyond me.