Throwback RB

McKDaddy

Reaction score
"Want to" goes a long way. Talent is so relatively close at the NFL level, it is the determining factor.

Thanks to the OP for the reminder.

GMO415

Reaction score
MB IIII was your typical three year RB. That type of punishing runs are costly to everyone involved.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Being a former RB ,I loved this guy tenacity.

Marion Barber was so tough to tackle https://t.co/xXUsycRYT5
()

G

I remember the fumbes caused by this extra effort a few big games, one was Washington game late in season for playoffs that Romo gets blamed for but MB had a ghost fumble that lost us that game IMO..he was solid but he and both Jones's should have never been starters, they should have been in a share backfield and utilized for their talents, Jerry overpaid for all 3 and had a lot of Dead money cap issues because of it..MB was poor mans Beast mode ie Lynch but should not have been starter..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How is 5'11, 218lb too small?
Because he couldn't take the beating. Too small for the style running he was trying to do. Actually he did do it for one season. I have been training for over 40 years and size means nothing. Okay so maybe he wasn't too small but he just wasn't new house or Earl Campbell. Is that a better terminology for you. He was no Robert Newhouse. But he was a beast

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The best thing about MBIII was his ability to turn the momentum around on one carry, even if it was just a short first down conversion. The offense would be draining, and one of his signature punishing runs would fire the offense and the crowd up. It was fun to watch.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Newsome knew how to run routes too. He done that in college then when Landry got a hold of him, it was a dream come true. He was so good in camp he beat out Scott Laidlaw.