Throwback, what a moment, what a game

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Excerpted from the OP video:

BdzpxmA.gif

Illustration of a 74-year old GM's likely final decision seven games and two months into a rookie's career, virtually guaranteeing a long-range commitment at the position. Not hindsight opinion from a clear minority of CowboysZone members, who were not swept up into the majority's team chemistry euphoria that season. The opinion was being posted in real time. Multiple times.
:huh:

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
If he (yes Dak himself) wins us #6 then it's a Superbowl win for Pete's sake. So anything else just won't matter anymore. While I absolutely understand the hate at the moment, no one should stick to it if #6 is in our house.

I just can't see us being anywhere near that though.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
There’s a handful here who would still hate Dak.
You are, of course, absolutely correct. Even if Dak won a SB, no doubt some would still hate. The question would be WHY. I think you're correct because no matter what, some people are just ego-invested in the idea of Dak being a dumb, sub-par talent 4th round QB who will never become that guy...and they are also ego-invested in being a Dak hater. So yeah, some people will still hate. I am not one of them. While I do prefer 1st round talent at QB, being that he was home-grown and a hard worker, I was willing to give him a shot. So I wanted Dak to get over the hump...

That being said, if we won a SB and Dak played like Trent Dilfer did for the Ravens, yes, I would hate TOO. And even then, let's say Dak did win 1 SB...is that just cause to turn off analysis forever and ever Amen? No...

So I will NEVER bow down to the Dak stans who seem to want to praise Dak no matter what. It's not just some of the haters whose minds can't be changed... some of the Dak-stans are also ego-invested in Dak and won't see the truth of his play no matter what.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You are, of course, absolutely correct. Even if Dak won a SB, no doubt some would still hate. The question would be WHY. I think you're correct because no matter what, some people are just ego-invested in the idea of Dak being a dumb, sub-par talent 4th round QB who will never become that guy...and they are also ego-invested in being a Dak hater. So yeah, some people will still hate. I am not one of them. While I do prefer 1st round talent at QB, being that he was home-grown and a hard worker, I was willing to give him a shot. So I wanted Dak to get over the hump...

That being said, if we won a SB and Dak played like Trent Dilfer did for the Ravens, yes, I would hate TOO. And even then, let's say Dak did win 1 SB...is that just cause to turn off analysis forever and ever Amen? No...

So I will NEVER bow down to the Dak stans who seem to want to praise Dak no matter what. It's not just some of the haters whose minds can't be changed... some of the Dak-stans are also ego-invested in Dak and won't see the truth of his play no matter what.
And there's a group that just can't wrap their head around the fact that it doesn't matter who is quarterback if your owner and GM will not go all in and build a championship team .

It destin's any quarterback to failure.
We've watched Jerry waste a lot of players careers not just quarterbacks.

It's Jerry's toy he's playing with it the way he wants and we have absolutely no control. Everybody picks their own scapegoat but some see the common denominator in our failures others choose to just be blind to this fact

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
And there's a group that just can't wrap their head around the fact that it doesn't matter who is quarterback if your owner and GM will not go all in and build a championship team .

It destin's any quarterback to failure.
We've watched Jerry waste a lot of players careers not just quarterbacks.

It's Jerry's toy he's playing with it the way he wants and we have absolutely no control. Everybody picks their own scapegoat but some see the common denominator in our failures others choose to just be blind to this fact
I'm in that group. Blaming the owner is not wrong, it's just lazy. We won with Jerry before so it's not like "it doesn't matter". Now, is it harder? I'd have to agree that it is, but...that's an opinion. Jerry not winning in 25+ years is due to some mismanagement...but that mismanagement includes sticking with and starting middling talents like Romo and Prescott IMO. Had they picked better, we would have been better.

75boyz

Reaction score
A regular season win was a game to remember? Game #8 of Dak's career? Meh... to each his own. For me, the game below is one I will never forget, and it had far more impact on the franchise and it's future.

Yeah,
this game and circumstances gets me a little more excited than the OP.
As you mentioned, to each his own though.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm in that group. Blaming the owner is not wrong, it's just lazy. We won with Jerry before so it's not like "it doesn't matter". Now, is it harder? I'd have to agree that it is, but...that's an opinion. Jerry not winning in 25+ years is due to some mismanagement...but that mismanagement includes sticking with and starting middling talents like Romo and Prescott IMO. Had they picked better, we would have been better.
You're 100% right we did win with Jerry but Jimmy built the team and was allowed the latitude to do what he wanted in that regard.

Now that Jerry's building the team we always have some substandard coach that caters to Jerry's ego.
And he flat out keeps us a few players away from being able to compete.
Blaming the owner and GM is not being lazy it's the inconvenient and very unfortunate truth

Reaction score
I think my favorite Dak throw against the birds was the 3rd and 30 to Hilton. Down 3pts late in the 4th qtr. Huge pass and catch. Birds fans so pissed. Loved it.
Same game? Wasn't this the one with the fake punt and the punter ran for like 30 yards? The sounds from the sideline had been filming Eagles defensive guys yucking it up and mugging for the camera and then there was the ROAR of the crowd and they turned around, all p1ssed off, heehee

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
“ better then Carson Wentz “ ain’t saying much …

:facepalm:
At the time it did though. First, many wanted Wentz ...as he could have easily fallen to 4th overall pick that we had, but also because he was with a division rival who spent a #2 overall on him...and it was the beginning of "he's not that guy."

What's DAMNING is that in the meantime, we've been stuck on Dak while the Eagles have already gone through 2 QBs...and might go for another depending on how Jaylon performs this year.