Thursday Night Football - Patriots at Jets

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Pretty weird seeing guys on a teams D actually hit players in different uniforms

btgboys41

Reaction score
LB Quincy Williams would look great in a Cowboy uniform. Jumped off the screen all game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes, at least on offense. Imagine them beating the Bungles though. No clue how that happened still.
Bengals had 3 turnovers inside the 10 when about to score. 2 of them at the one yard line. I think also a TD called back because of a penalty. Then one of those turnovers happen.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
That was top notch QB play.

Never seen anyone make it look cleaner.

Good mechanics, good decision making, zip on the ball, good awareness of pressure in the pocket, accuracy...just super super clean QB play.

I'll take Mahomes if my life is at stake because of his legs and I think he has some edge in regards to the clutch gene...but Rogers makes it look the best.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Are you too young have watched Joe Montana, Dan Marino or John Elway?
I watched Staubach back in the day as a youngin'. When you talk precision, smarts and awareness of the game, Rodgers was better than them all, IMO. Don't confuse Super Bowl wins for the team with automatic superior QB play. Of those you quoted, Marino was closest and he only played in 1 SB. Can't do it all by yourself.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I want to go ahead and get out in front of what I assume will happen...

that Rogers will go on a streak of stinkers and wont look like how he just looked last night.

If I had to bet money...it would be because something happens along his o-line or he faces very strong pass rushing defenses that allow him no time to execute.

So...I foresee this happening so that thirsty haters can revisit this thread and attempt to make light of the Rogers glazing.

My point on Rogers is this...if you allow him time to execute like he did last night...I dont think anyone makes the QB job look easier...ever.

An easier way to say it might be...in a perfect environment...Rogers might be the best ever.

NFL isnt about perfect environment and Playoffs are difficult...and some guys just have an 'it/clutch' factor like Mahomes and Brady.

You give Brady, Mahomes and Rogers 1000 similar defenses and o-line protection like Rogers saw last night with the same receiver corp...I think Rogers makes the job look easier compared to Mahomes and Brady. (Mahomes does have many years left to polish his game)

gtb1943

Reaction score
Having watched all the greats over the last 50 years, I do not think there is a single GOAT.

IF I had to score a TD in the last minute, so far I would put Roger, Montana and Mahomes under a blanket.
They had and have a magic in those situations no one else had

For a regular season, Marino and Peyton Manning

For the playoffs, Montana and Mahomes

clearly for an entire career it has to be Brady.

rags747

Reaction score
I watched Staubach back in the day as a youngin'. When you talk precision, smarts and awareness of the game, Rodgers was better than them all, IMO. Don't confuse Super Bowl wins for the team with automatic superior QB play. Of those you quoted, Marino was closest and he only played in 1 SB. Can't do it all by yourself.
Staubach threw 14 times a game on a good Sunday. Would love to see him in today’s offenses throwing 40-45 times in a single game.

Flamma

Reaction score
Staubach threw 14 times a game on a good Sunday. Would love to see him in today’s offenses throwing 40-45 times in a single game.
I just did a quick glance at 1977. Roger through the ball an average of 26 times a game. I think the fewest was 19.

rags747

Reaction score
I just did a quick glance at 1977. Roger through the ball an average of 26 times a game. I think the fewest was 19.
U r correct! Early 70’s he was around 16. 76,77, 78 he was up around 26. Interesting, thx…
Came across this site just now as I saw that ChatGPT was using it as one of her sources for information. It’s searchable…
https://www.statmuse.com/

Flamma

Reaction score
U r correct! Early 70’s he was around 16. 76,77, 78 he was up around 26. Interesting, thx…
Came across this site just now as I saw that ChatGPT was using it as one of her sources for information. It’s searchable…
https://www.statmuse.com/
That's a fantastic site. Roger threw it 25.7 times a game in 1974. But these are the Cowboys. A lot of teams were run heavy up until the mid 80s.

But in today's game, I think a balanced attack is best. If you can have one. I don't think throwing the ball 40 times a game is wise. Just look at the 49ers last year. Purdy threw it an average if 27.7 times a game.

gtb1943

Reaction score
That's a fantastic site. Roger threw it 25.7 times a game in 1974. But these are the Cowboys. A lot of teams were run heavy up until the mid 80s.

But in today's game, I think a balanced attack is best. If you can have one. I don't think throwing the ball 40 times a game is wise. Just look at the 49ers last year. Purdy threw it an average if 27.7 times a game.
the first real changes came in 1978. They started to really crack down on the DBs no longer being able to actually for all intents and purposes MUG the receivers. Things like that.
It is interesting to note that Rogers last two years, 78 and 79 especially, he threw more passes than ever before; and those were his last SB year and his last year where he threw for a career high 27 tds and had a career low INT % and a career high 461 attempts.
The new rules were already having a real effect.