Thursday Night Football thread

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if the NFL eventually eliminates punt and kick off returns because of hits like this.

Well, they ought to change the name of the sport if they do that. It'd be less use o kicking on the ball than usual. I suggest American Handegg.

HungryLion

Reaction score
WOuldn't that make onside kicks quite obvious? Also, if they keep removing kicking, they'll need to change the name of the sport.

It would. But onside kicks are the only reason I can think to keep kickoffs at this point. It’s the most boring play in the sport and usually just ends in a touchback.

personally I could do without it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It would. But onside kicks are the only reason I can think to keep kickoffs at this point. It’s the most boring play in the sport and usually just ends in a touchback.

personally I could do without it.

May I suggest we change the sport's name to handegg in that case? Soccer is really football anyway.

X550i

Reaction score
Well, they ought to change the name of the sport if they do that. It'd be less use o kicking on the ball than usual. I suggest American Handegg.
Have you not seen the trend to this point? The game is nothing like it use to be.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn’t be surprised if the NFL eventually eliminates punt and kick off returns because of hits like this.

If they do that, and with the QBs wearing dresses, and receivers can’t be touched. They should just go to flag football.
They lost a lot of viewers. But not sure if they are returning this season so far. But if they do this, they will lose viewers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See how excited Bucky Joe gets with GB on offense.

….oh, can I post this proof without being called out by the persons that usually jump on me but no one else…..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Have you not seen the trend to this point? The game is nothing like it use to be.

Oh, I have. All the more reason I suggest handegg. Makes naming the sport easier. After all, soccer is the real football anyway. Makes more sense. In American Football, the ball is shaped like an egg and carried by the hand. Thus, Handegg.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Tonyan with the big play, but now he is hurt with GB already having several WRs out.