Thursday Night Game Flexing Passes

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They flex out a game I'm attending the league office will hear about it. This is such a bad idea from the league.

There is ZERO consideration towards the fans. You know, the ones who fork over their money to them.
I don't get what all this flex stuff means, but I've said this to someone what about the fans, the fans who make plans in advance then have to change them and be subject to higher rates. Fans should be compensated

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are the games we are looking at, and the games Dallas plays.

Week 13, Seattle and Dallas already Scheduled for TNF.....can the be flexed out? Doubt it. Unless it is the SF - Philly game they swap out. Or KC - GB game
Week 14, Patriots - Steelers, and Philly is at Dallas on the SNF game.
Week 15, Chargers - Raiders, Dallas is at Buffalo. I doubt FOX gives u that game. Then you would have Dallas coming off a SNF game then go on the road for a TNF game...it would be like the NFL would do it to screw Dallas though.
Week 16, Saints at Rams, Dallas at Miami on FOX, they may not want to give up that game saw well.
Week 17, Jets at Browns. Dallas hosts Detroit on a Saturday night. That won't change either.

So the only game they can possibly swap out is for the Dallas - Miami game.
I did not look at any other possible matchup those games could be swapped out for. Other than the week 13 scenarios.
Of course what seems like some lame games that could be swapped out for, may be teams in playoff contention. One never really knows.

Also remember the SNF games can be swapped out as well. We could see 2 games swapped out in those weeks.

foofighters

Reaction score
It wasn't all bad. Supposedly they are going to make an effort to put better games on. So we'll see about that.

The changes made to the Thursday games will be a huge improvement. So those games will be better also.
Which takes away games from Sunday. Sunday is a far better day to bring people over for the entire day for a full day worth of great games to see.

Motorola

Reaction score
How about the ones who are flying? I was thinking of flying in for a game this year. I better be careful what game I pick.
And what airline you choose to fly on.
Which service will be flexible enough to work out a deal where at the very least:
A) -- you don't get ripped off;
B) -- the carrier recognizes the schedule change is a something that is out of your control...and that their response is the one that does not penalize you in any way

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Stop messing with the schedule. Stop trying to make certain time spots good at the detriment to others. At this point I would gladly do a pay-per-view event to watch Goodell be fired if it means the NFL just leaves the schedule alone at all domestic games on Sunday and Monday plus Thanksgiving and whatever Saturday they want after college football ends.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
They flex out a game I'm attending the league office will hear about it. This is such a bad idea from the league.

There is ZERO consideration towards the fans. You know, the ones who fork over their money to them.
That's good point. Flexing the Sunday Night Game is a lot easier to swallow. You flex a game from Sunday to Thursday, what are people supposed to do when their reservations are for Friday to Monday?