Tidbits from Fisher on the Fan

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The team you should be mad at is your very own Cowboys...yet ANOTHER boneheaded missed opportunity by this FO. We should have grabbed the Lloka S from Cincinnati when he was available a few weeks ago. He would have achieved 2 things for us; provided much-needed depth for us at the safety position AND given us more leverage in the ET trade talks. Now, we have neither, and it could be a bloodbath in our secondary come Sunday.

Iloka was a free agent who chose to reunite with Zimmer, his former DC in Cincinnati. It wasn't up to the Cowboys.

kevm3

Reaction score
I think how the defense looks will determine if they go through with the trade. If the defense was just a preseason wonder, we can wait until next year. If we are looking like we are a safety away, the offer is still on the tanle, so in that regard seattle may actually be helping us by letting us gauge the team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Iloka was a free agent who chose to reunite with Zimmer, his former DC in Cincinnati. It wasn't up to the Cowboys.

Yeah, I'm sure he would have turned down more money to start with the Cowboys over a minimum contract to be a backup in Minnesota...

After all, who plays the game for money, right?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
So, if we have a couple of losses because of bad safety play, we just keep losing because we don't want to cater to a team that has something we need to get better. Hmmmm, ok. I think I got it.

With all due respect, hoss, this is the thinking that makes me want to hold off on ET. With so many thinking he'd be the savior we lack, he'll be cast into a no-win situation. If he performs at a high level, we expected it. If he slips below that, he's another Roy Williams making too much money. What if the D struggles with him? Will his star continue to shine?

I'm all for seeing where we are deficient first, and then making the call. Playing for the Cowboys is pressure enough without coming in expected to be the savior.

Despite all my reservations, I'd love to see him with us. I'm just worried too much will be expected of him by fans and media.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
That would be silly to give Beasley an extension. I'm happy the talks didn't go so well, he isn't worth what he gets paid now much less more money

I agree....he was MIA last year, let him prove his worth this year. I would have no problem letting him walk next year. Players like him are a dime a dozen.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure he would have turned down more money to start with the Cowboys over a minimum contract to be a backup in Minnesota...

After all, who plays the game for money, right?

And people here would have screamed that we over paid him, especially if they went back to Woods when he is healthy.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Safety is an issue. It was an issue in February. It was an issue in May. It was an issue in July. It was an issue in August. And now it will be an issue in Sept.

Most logical people could see this.

If safety play is a factor in this season not being successful, the media in this town should rightfully call out Stephen and McClay for this major botching.
Exactly because they were and still are credible options available.

CWR

Reaction score
IMO if you wait until the trade deadline to get Earl, you better have zero or no losses. If not, just wait until free agency. I wouldn’t send Seattle a second to cater to them sucking

Id make it clear the offer on the table is NOW, not after week 3. We either do this deal now or not at all.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Id make it clear the offer on the table is NOW, not after week 3. We either do this deal now or not at all.

I would too. And I hope the Cowboys have done the same. If I don't have him be week one (and for week three obviously), I don't want him. They already catered to that screwed-up team more than I'd like. No more. You want him? Keep him! Waste everybody's time while your team goes off the rails and you win nothing.

I remember Minnesota being similarly stubborn with Adrian Peterson when they wouldn't trade him to the Cowboys either. That worked out well. They won nothing and ended up cutting him and getting zero in return.

John813

Reaction score
That would be silly to give Beasley an extension. I'm happy the talks didn't go so well, he isn't worth what he gets paid now much less more money

Same. Must of lowballed him, hence the agent balking on talks now. Thought the FO was cautious on giving on 3rd contracts.

erod

Reaction score
I agree that there is no way Seattle is going into its season home opener with Earl Thomas wearing a Cowboys uniform. Their demands will loosen after that game.

LittleD

Reaction score
No they wouldn't. But keep making **** up to feel better.

I really wish that ET plays this weekend or next and breaks his ankle to as to shut up the ET jock sniffers on this board. As for Beasley, he's pushing 30 and is looking for a big, fat
payday so let's let him get that money from some other team. Slot receivers can be had all over the draft.

Batman1980

Reaction score
So, if we have a couple of losses because of bad safety play, we just keep losing because we don't want to cater to a team that has something we need to get better. Hmmmm, ok. I think I got it.

We like what we have.

CWR

Reaction score
I would too. And I hope the Cowboys have done the same.

The idea Seattle has that they can just wait until its convenient for them is ridiculous. (If true) I am at the point now where Id be almost as happy just to see this blow up in thier faces.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really wish that ET plays this weekend or next and breaks his ankle to as to shut up the ET jock sniffers on this board.

That seems rather nasty.

As for Beasley, he's pushing 30 and is looking for a big, fat
payday so let's let him get that money from some other team. Slot receivers can be had all over the draft.

Yeah, Beasley isn't special. I'm not paying him as if he were one.

Let these receivers fight, scratch, and claw to compete to be here next year. Prove it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The idea Seattle has that they can just wait until its convenient for them is ridiculous. (If true) I am at the point now where Id be almost as happy just to see this blow up in thier faces.

Same here. Sunday's my own cutoff date. If he's not here by then, I'm done and moving on. Let all of them lose up in Seattle.

Reactions: CWR

Carson

Reaction score

Well my apologies friend.

If we have a couple of losses I’m ok with the move. I just don’t want to be stinking and send a prime 2nd Rounder for a guy we get for a handful of games.