Tidbits from Fisher on the Fan

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree that there is no way Seattle is going into its season home opener with Earl Thomas wearing a Cowboys uniform. Their demands will loosen after that game.

Why will they loosen their demands?

They are pretty much guaranteed a third round comp pick when Thomas walks. So why would they take anything less than a 2nd rounder now?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well my apologies friend.

If we have a couple of losses I’m ok with the move. I just don’t want to be stinking and send a prime 2nd Rounder for a guy we get for a handful of games.
You're confusing me!!!! Lol, Salud!!! Real football is here!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Norv is going to go after Frazier big time in the game! :eek:

He will be going after Frazier, Heath, Lewis big time in the game. But lets be honest, NO ONE In the secondary has done anything of note in the NFL at this point.

HungryLion

Reaction score

They are pretty much guaranteed a third round comp pick when Thomas walks. So why would they take anything less than a 2nd rounder now?

The comp pick is only if they don’t sign more free agents than they lose. That’s one factor people
Have to remember. If they plan on being big players in FA. Then they won’t get a comp pick for him.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I would love for Jerry to come out and say exactly what Dallas has offered and then state the lower offer that it will revert to at 11:59 pm on Saturday.

Zordon

Reaction score
Just a few things.

He said no loser or no finger pointing over the ET offer. And if it is still on the table, do not expect anything until after week 3.
Trade deadline is October 31st. So most likely, wait and see what Seattle's record is, and also what Dallas's record is, to see if either team budges.

As for Chido. They are calling it back spasms, but will be cautious and will "nurse' the issue.
So he expects at least for practice today, Brown will be at CB and Lewis in the slot.

Woods is our, so Heath and Frazier at S.
Said Frazier said depends on his shoulder, and he expects to play, but he will be careful with the shoulder. Will see how it goes in the game. Other than that, there are names no one knows as fans, and joked the coached may not know the names either at S.

Cowboys wanted to offer a contract extension to Beasley, but the talks did not go well. According to Beasley or his agent, they said, just let the season play out and see what happens. Beasley will be a FA next year.

Bailey supposedly has 4 offers, as he turned down the offer from the Jets. As supposedly one team may pay Bailey more than what he would have got from the Cowboys, again, according to his agent. Said the term the Cowboys used and also around the NFL, as teams may think the same, "anticipation of decline"
So much good news!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The comp pick is only if they don’t sign more free agents than they lose. That’s one factor people
Have to remember. If they plan on being big players in FA. Then they won’t get a comp pick for him.

This has been pointed out dozens of times by numerous people and I still see so many people from fans to sports commentators talking as though they will definitely get a 3rd comp pick for him. That doesn’t even take into account the current depressed safety market that could mean he doesn’t get a huge deal that would return a 3rd.

Sydla

Reaction score

Only if they sign a FA that would be deemed a 3rd round comp pick that would cancel out Thomas.

Seattle rarely are big players in FA. I suspect they are holding the line on more than a 3rd rounder because of that........... they know they won't make a big splash in FA in 2019.

erod

Reaction score

Not if they start signing free agents. Then, they could get nothing.

And if Dallas offered a 2nd rounder as was reported, then why not do it now? They don't want him playing in Seattle in Week 3, in my opinion, which is dumb because he could get hurt between now and then like football players do.

I suspect this trade happens after that game, but that's just a guess.

whynot

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure he would have turned down more money to start with the Cowboys over a minimum contract to be a backup in Minnesota...

After all, who plays the game for money, right?

Only cowboys fans have made him all world.
The dude was average with cinci and frankly is not better than what we have.

jrumann59

Reaction score
only way seattle takes Dallas 2nd rounder is if dallas has losing record by trade deadline. If Dallas is leading the division or close Seattle will take their comp 3rd in 2020

Sydla

Reaction score
This has been pointed out dozens of times by numerous people and I still see so many people from fans to sports commentators talking as though they will definitely get a 3rd comp pick for him. That doesn’t even take into account the current depressed safety market that could mean he doesn’t get a huge deal that would return a 3rd.

He's going to be paid like one of the top S in the league (well unless he has a totally terrible season, which would seem unlikely).

Seattle isn't dumb. They also have never been a team to go heavy into free agency. They likely know that there's a really good chance they will get a 3rd round comp pick so there's no need to take anything less than that.

Granted, there is also a timing issue here. If, Seattle wants to kick start a rebuild now (which they might), taking a pick for 2019 would be better than waiting for the 2020 comp pick.

Sydla

Reaction score
Only cowboys fans have made him all world.
The dude was average with cinci and frankly is not better than what we have.

Yes, he's better than what we have............ we are carrying Tyree Robinson and some guy cut and on the street on our 53. Iloka is better than both.

erod

Reaction score
I would love for Jerry to come out and say exactly what Dallas has offered and then state the lower offer that it will revert to at 11:59 pm on Saturday.

That's tampering. The Cowboys can't comment.

whynot

Reaction score
Yes, he's better than what we have............ we are carrying Tyree Robinson and some guy cut and on the street on our 53. Iloka is better than both.

Wait... sorry you want him to be our backup?

Last edited:

BigD49

Reaction score
I really wish that ET plays this weekend or next and breaks his ankle to as to shut up the ET jock sniffers on this board. As for Beasley, he's pushing 30 and is looking for a big, fat
payday so let's let him get that money from some other team. Slot receivers can be had all over the draft.
1) Not cool
2) Probably would lead to a million threads about how he can be gotten for even less now that he's coming off an injury

Sydla

Reaction score
Wait... sorry you want him that be our backup?

Yes, I'd rather have Iloka rotating in there (especially with Woods being an unknown with regards to return) than Robinson or the dude we signed who was cut.

But I get it......... you are toeing the company line here. All's good. What we have is fine.