Tiger is back

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think we can pretty much put all this "Tiger is Back' talk back in a box
Obviously your definition of “ back” doesn’t fit my narrative. He’s back on the tour which many didn’t think he’d ever return after all of his back surgeries.

I never said he was back to his championship form in his peak which is very doubtful at age 42. Just being in contention in a few events and making the cut in his first Masters in 3 years impresses me. I’m still not sure if his back can hold up. No golfer has ever played competitively again after fusion back surgery.

diefree666

Reaction score
Obviously your definition of “ back” doesn’t fit my narrative. He’s back on the tour which many didn’t think he’d ever return after all of his back surgeries.

I never said he was back to his championship form in his peak which is very doubtful at age 42. Just being in contention in a few events and making the cut in his first Masters in 3 years impresses me. I’m still not sure if his back can hold up. No golfer has ever played competitively again after fusion back surgery.
BS. YOU meant back to being a contender; and he is not. He was NEVER in serious contention the entire Masters- an event he has had more real success then any other Major. Until he shows something in a major he is NOT back.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
BS. YOU meant back to being a contender; and he is not. He was NEVER in serious contention the entire Masters- an event he has had more real success then any other Major. Until he shows something in a major he is NOT back.
My thread begun before the Masters in which he was in contention . I made no mention of him in the upcoming Masters or majors.

Again, that’s your definition of being back. Bash all you want.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well there goes that theory. I guess he was only “back” for like what?......a few days?

Finishing in 32nd place is not “back.”

:laugh:;)

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I didn’t expect Tiger to make the cut at Masters. Players don’t make the cut every week.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Maybe he can still get 1-2 more majors by the time he retires but that will be very tough. He's 42 and no one has ever won a major older than 48 so every passing year matters for him. Golf is as competitive overall right now as I can remember so good luck trying to win one in the future while Rory, Spieth, Day, Thomas, DJ, etc. are all in their primes.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The only "back" is all the backtracking the Tiger fan boys are making

He was the favorite at the Masters......lol ......only finished 16 back

Tiger is the supposed GOAT....him being to play again was never in question....ever
His only goal was beating Jack's 19 Majors and he still has no chance

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's back but he's a shadow of his former self.
I think that’s fair. While he surprised everyone finishing 2nd, 5th and 12th respectively heading up to the Masters , Tiger obviously is just a shell of himself in his prime .

But that might still be good enough in some tournaments to make some noise. Golf is tough to contend consistently even for the top in the game today.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that’s fair. While he surprised everyone finishing 2nd, 5th and 12th respectively heading up to the Masters , Tiger obviously is just a shell of himself in his prime .

But that might still be good enough in some tournaments to make some noise. Golf is tough to contend consistently even for the top in the game today.

I think he's still a PGA tour pro. I enjoy watching him, but I don't recognize his game. His own caddy said he couldn't hit the green with a lob wedge. So, I think he'll challenge in lower tier tourney's but his days at majors are done barring a major improvement in his current game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think he's still a PGA tour pro. I enjoy watching him, but I don't recognize his game. His own caddy said he couldn't hit the green with a lob wedge. So, I think he'll challenge in lower tier tourney's but his days at majors are done barring a major improvement in his current game.
Time will tell. He’s only 3 months into a recovery no golfer has ever returned from. Fusion back surgery.

He’s already going to take a few weeks off. He said he might not swing a club for a month.

We’ll never see the ole Tiger again but I’m hopeful his back will continue to recover and he might make some noise occasionally. He only needs one more win to reach 80.

And a major., who knows . Watson almost won British Open a few years ago at 59. Couples made cut this year at Masters at 58 and Langer at 60. If Tigers back recovers I could see him playing for another 15-20 years.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time will tell. He’s only 3 months into a recovery no golfer has ever returned from. Fusion back surgery.

He’s already going to take a few weeks off. He said he might not swing a club for a month.

We’ll never see the ole Tiger again but I’m hopeful his back will continue to recover and he might make some noise occasionally. He only needs one more win to reach 80.

And a major., who knows . Watson almost won British Open a few years ago at 59. Couples made cut this year at Masters at 58 and Langer at 60. If Tigers back recovers I could see him playing for another 15-20 years.

Tiger's game isn't even on par right now with a 58 year old Freddie. It all comes down to how much better can he get with his spinal fusion? I'm not sure a month off is the smart move. He got to be great by playing a lot of golf. His downfall began when he cut his schedule back to do all the other cr-ap. The older you get, the harder you have to work to stay at your current level , let alone improve. Tiger is no different. Playing competitive rounds on a consistent basis is his only way back.