Tiger woods in car accident due to argument with wife? *Update Post #52*

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
(CNN) -- Golfer Tiger Woods was injured in a car accident near his home, Florida officials say. The one-car accident occurred about 2:25 a.m. in Windermere, police say.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I just saw ths as well...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-bk-tiger-woods-accident,0,1369881.story

Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol just reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.

Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said. No other information about his condition has been released.

A Health Central hospital employee said at 2:30 p.m. that Woods was not a patient. A hospital operator would not say if Woods had been treated and released.

FHP said the airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, which means the vehicle was traveling under 33 mph.

Orange County Fire Rescue received the call for aid at 2:28 a.m. Woods was transported from his Windermere-area neighborhood by the hospital's own ambulance.

FHP did not report the accident until just after 2 p.m. today. The agency said the crash remains under investigation and charges are pending.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I think Jack Nicklaus moved the fire hydrant and planted the tree there....he was also boozing him up. :)

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
2:30 in the AM :rolleyes: Somethings up.

Hope he's OK .

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I just read that he is in "very serious" condition and another story said he had some face lacerations.

Here is one story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,577325,00.html

Golf great Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident in Florida early Friday morning, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

Woods, 33, is in the hospital in very serious condition after a single-car crash at 2:25 a.m. in which he hit a fire hydrant and then a tree, according to the FHP.

The crash is under investigation and charges are pending, but the crash was not alcohol-related, the highway patrol said in its accident report. It wasn't known if he was wearing a seatbelt.

Woods pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community when he struck the hydrant. He then plowed into the tree on his neighbor's property. He was taken to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, Fla.

Woods was apparently traveling under 33 mph because the Cadillac Escalade's airbags didn't inflate, the FHP said.

The golf champion was gearing up for his fifth Chevron World Challenge title. The $5.75 million tournament is scheduled for Dec. 1-6.

"It should be an exciting week for the fans, and I'm looking forward to competing," Woods said in a Nov. 25 article about the event on his Web site.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3105862 said:
He drove into a tree? Hope alcohol wasnt involved and that hes alright.

Said Alcohol wasn't involved but charges may be pending.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I hope none of our players do that this weekend, i know its a good win, but dont get carried away.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Hope it was something as innocent as a problem with his vehicle.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
The paper said the Florida Highway Patrol reported the airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, which means the vehicle was traveling under 33 mph.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
he has had a rough week.

The national enquirer caught him with his on the side girlfriend, maybe he was on a bender.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
WINDERMERE, Fla. -- WESH 2 News has learned that golfer Tiger Woods was injured when he hit a fire hydrant and then a tree outside his Isleworth home early on Friday morning.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods was injured in the crash, which took place at about 2:30 a.m., and was taken to Health Central Hospital. The Orange County Fire Department confirmed that a patient was taken to Health Central, but would not confirm that the patient was Woods.

A source told WESH 2 News that Woods has been treated for facial lacerations.

Woods was driving a 2009 black Cadillac Escalade when he lost control and hit a fire hydrant outside his home and a tree outside his neighbor's home, FHP said.

FHP said the crash is still under investigation. It said alcohol did not play a role in the crash, but that charges are pending.

Woods lives with his wife, supermodel Elin Nordegren, and two children.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Rampage;3105864 said:
lighten up, guys:rolleyes:

Someone getting injured serioulsy is moment to joke about? Figures coming from you I guess.... Its not like Tiger is a bad guy to even joke about. Especially if the news is true about the accident being life threatening.