Tiki Barber says NFL’s drug tests are easy to beat

Rayman70

Reaction score
we both obviously have superior taste lol.:star: Mr.Bill Bates is what all Dallas Cowboys player should be like. 53 of him on a team, you could prolly could take over a small country.
hey man...don't ya just miss the days where guys like Bates would just lay the lumber? Or get that int to change the Mo of the game. He always rose to the occasion against the Skins. He loved playing against them. One of my obvious faves all time and unsung SB players too. Folks don't understand football sometimes and what it took for him to play 15 years at the level he did...and he did it all quietly,no fanfare and was a key player wherever we needed him, be it special teams or the dime, or at linebacker. GREAT PERSON AND PLAYER. A alpha dog.

BillyBates

Reaction score
hey man...don't ya just miss the days where guys like Bates would just lay the lumber? Or get that int to change the Mo of the game. He always rose to the occasion against the Skins. He loved playing against them. One of my obvious faves all time and unsung SB players too. Folks don't understand football sometimes and what it took for him to play 15 years at the level he did...and he did it all quietly,no fanfare and was a key player wherever we needed him, be it special teams or the dime, or at linebacker. GREAT PERSON AND PLAYER. A alpha dog.
I dont think we will ever see another like him again. knocking out Dorsett in try outs I'm sure went over real well, wish there was film on that hit. he truly belongs in the HOF. JJ needs to place this man into our ROH.

rags747

Reaction score
Everyone knows you are tested when you go to the combines even fans know that is part of what takes place at the combines.
Tiki was referencing how everyone knows that the tests are coming in the Pros, my point was that Gregory was already in the program straight out of college so he never got a chance to play that game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tiki was referencing how everyone knows that the tests are coming in the Pros, my point was that Gregory was already in the program straight out of college so he never got a chance to play that game.

He was not in the NFL program until he flunked as a member of the NFL. NFL has no say in punishment or rehab of people or players outside of their organization. His combine failed test cost Gregory being a top selection but did not put him in the program.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
This is not news. Everyone knows how to beat this testing. The ONLY people that are caught by this testing are those that are too stupid to understand it and those that actually have a problem.

And people that hydrate, producing a dilute sample, which makes them part of that first group. LOL

conner01

Reaction score
Like a lot of us have been saying. You know when it’s coming. And since he played they even raised the amount allowed in your system before you fail..
It’s easy if you aren’t in the program though weed stays in your system several weeks
Personally I don’t care if a guy smokes weed but I do care how it effects a team
Smart guy would play 10 years, make his million, retire and have the money to smoke all he wants too
I think some love the weed more than the game, and when they end up broke and homeless they have no one to blame but themselves

conner01

Reaction score
Wasn’t Irving in the system too
Atleast by the time we got him I thought

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
It's not easy to beat if you're being tested as frequent as Eric Reid.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I was watching a show I think Real Sports on HBO and a former Broncos player laid it out. He said if you ain’t in the program you get tested like in April-June after that don’t have to worry about it until next year. He said he smoked like all season but would stop after the season to get clean for testing. He said the league knew and designed the test so you could do it during the season and then have enough time to get before the test.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I've taken full spectrum cbd oil and it works great on my joints. Without it, I have a had time walking when I get up.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Former New York Giants Opens a New Window. running-back-turned-entrepreneur Tiki Barber says despite the NFL’s tough policies surrounding marijuana use, back when he played the game the league's tests were easy to beat.

“We always used to call it like the ‘dummy test’ because you know when the test is going to happen so just be clean and as long as you’re not in the program you can probably get away with it even if they technically know that it’s happening,” Barber told FOX Business.

Barber, who has worn many different hats since retiring from the NFL in 2007, has since launched an investment firm that plans to back young marijuana and cannabis startups in an effort to help them navigate through unfolding legal regulations.

The company called Grove Group Management launched last year with his business partner Kevin Shin and has already signed on many small business owners. Opens a New Window.

“It’s simply a business opportunity,” Barber added. “We wanted to put a group together that could attack this cannabis space in an intelligent way that makes sense for not only the business opportunity but also for minority communities and create a message of social progress.”

The 43-year-old former athlete, who admits he is not a marijuana user but does dabble with CBD-infused products for pain management says change is needed surrounding the legalization of marijuana in both the NFL and across the country to help fight the opioid crisis.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/tiki-barber-says-nfls-drug-tests-are-easy-to-beat

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dang right Tiki...just take some clean piss with you.

khiladi

Reaction score
Of course it is.. the NFL PED policy is for show, in the sense they make it easy to pass. If you get caught it’s your own idiocy..

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
**** Tiki. Got that out of the way. OK, Gregory ...we all know, isn't going to put down the weed. He's proven that. He knew the rules, agree or not...THEN HE HAS REPEATEDLY BROKEN THEM. I don't want choir boys on the team,but I dang sure don't want a idiot like him.Players like him are the type that make mental mistakes on the field at crucial times that cost the entire team games. He needs to be released.
He did it a couple times last year. For a supposed intelligent player, Gregory has little common sense.

adamknite

Reaction score
He was not in the NFL program until he flunked as a member of the NFL. NFL has no say in punishment or rehab of people or players outside of their organization. His combine failed test cost Gregory being a top selection but did not put him in the program.

Yes it did. You fail a drug test at the combine you auto go into stage 1 of the program once drafted.
Here's an NFL.com article for proof:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...blame-myself-for-failed-nfl-combine-drug-test

"Gregory also understands the team that drafts him next month may do so while crossing its fingers. Because of his failed combine test, Gregory will come into the NFL already in Stage 1 of the league's substance abuse program."

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You can just look at some of these players and it’s clear they are taking some type of steroid so it doesn’t just stop at marijuana.

Poster boy was Clay Matthews...………....4 of his first 6 years in the league was double digit sacks, then he fell off a cliff. Hasn't had double digit sacks since 2014. He also looks noticeably smaller and less muscular than he did earlier in his career.

Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out he was juicing and then stopped. This picture was from earlier in his career, he looks no where near like this today.

clay-matthews-elite-daily1-800x400.jpg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I was watching a show I think Real Sports on HBO and a former Broncos player laid it out. He said if you ain’t in the program you get tested like in April-June after that don’t have to worry about it until next year. He said he smoked like all season but would stop after the season to get clean for testing. He said the league knew and designed the test so you could do it during the season and then have enough time to get before the test.

Exactly.............it takes about 3 weeks for weed to completely clear your system. So if you know that you are being drug tested in April, then stop smoking week in March, get totally clean, pass your test, then start smoking again until next March. Its not exactly rocket science here on how to not get a failed test, pretty easy.

The ones that have the problem are the addicts that literally cant go three weeks without smoking a joint. Then they usually panic and drink a gallon of water the day before the test thinking they can pee it all out, but it doesn't work that way. All you get is a diluted sample which is the same thing as a fail in the NFL.