Tim Cowlishaw said cowboys have no shot even if Portis doesn't play

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2413293 said:
wow--hope Wade puts that on the bulletin board.

IF bulletin board material is needed for this game then something is seriously wrong with these fools....

BadKarma

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with what Cowlishaw or any of the analysts say about us. At this point, this team has a lot to prove with or without Romo. We were struggling before Romo got hurt, we struggled mightily when he was out.

Until this team starts performing at a high-level and dominate teams on all aspects of the game, we're just an average team with a whole lot of underachieving superstars.

jman

Reaction score
By a Sham-WOW...becuase you know, the Germans always make good stuff!

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Put a guy on a tv show and he becomes an expert.:rolleyes:

My bookie says Dallas is going to win.

Who do you believe.;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
*Shrugs* I am not shocked he, or anyone, is picking against us but to say that Dallas has no shot shows a complete lack of intelligence.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2413704 said:
*Shrugs* I am not shocked he, or anyone, is picking against us but to say that Dallas has no shot shows a complete lack of intelligence.

And? This is Colishaw we're talking about, a complete lack of intelligence should be expected.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Cowlishaw is just showing the same kind of attitude that every Dallas media person has.
Good news or positive reports about the Cowboys do not get you favor on ESPN.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2413302 said:
fool was eliminated first on the horn. Who cares what he says.

That is the main reason I do not watch any ESPN programming, with the exception of MNF. Its 90% opinionated shows and 10% of actual sports reporting.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2413687 said:

IF bulletin board material is needed for this game then something is seriously wrong with these fools....

hold on just a second....

:hammer: there it is..

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
catskillthunder;2413756 said:
That is the main reason I do not watch any ESPN programming, with the exception of MNF. Its 90% opinionated shows and 10% of actual sports reporting.

Horn is probably the best show they got on ESPN. NFL Matchups is the only other one you can make a case for.

Tractor1

Reaction score
Nav22;2413431 said:
You sound like someone confident enough to bet on the Commanders winning.

Name your stakes... I liked Dallas' chances with Portis playing, and I love them without Portis. Your crow's already in my oven.

I know better than betting on Cowboys football. You still haven't answered my question. What gives you confidence in the Cowboys given their current level of play?

Rudy

Reaction score
Well, damn...if Cowlishaw says it, the Cowboys might as well just miss the flight to DC! With all of his football experience and expertise, I don't even know why teams play the game - they should just let him decide all the outcomes.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2413782 said:
Horn is probably the best show they got on ESPN. NFL Matchups is the only other one you can make a case for.

I wasnt singling out Around the Horn specificly, Im simply referring to every ESPN show that each individual has their own opinion. ESPN back in the day used to report factual news, not the opinion of every other journalist in America. Its been 2 years since Ive watched an ESPN program other than MNF. Furthermore I cannot stand NFL Countdown. Chris Mortenson makes me sick. If you ever listen closely, its always "his sources, my sources" he never gets his own stories therefore I give him zero credibility and zero props as an NFL reporter. As far as the others on NFL countdown, ALL OPINIONATED idiots. I respect only Steve Young and Coach Ditka of the entire cast.

Rudy

Reaction score
Yeah, but sadly it seems that Mort is correct more times than not.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Rampage;2413291 said:
just said we have no chance whether Portis plays or not. what a punk.

I don't get happy or upset with what reporters speculate on ................ but, considering how this team has played the last 4 or 5 games, i'm not surprised that he or anybody else would say that. (yes they were injuries but it started way before that)

Here is hoping that they have fixed whatever was broken, be it mentally, physically, emotionally, etc....

One thing is for sure they can't afford to lose much more than two games from here on out.

Nav22

Reaction score
You still haven't answered my question. What gives you confidence in the Cowboys given their current level of play?
The "current level" that you're referring to is without Tony Romo, Felix Jones, Terence Newman, and Kyle Kosier in the lineup. All four players will be back Sunday night.

We were 4-2 with a healthy Romo behind center. If he doesn't get hurt in Arizona, maybe we win that game in OT and we're at 5-1 after 6 games.

I'll put our roster up against Washington's any day of the week. It's the coaching that killed us the last time we played them... 48 pass plays, 10 rushes.

Go ahead and pick against us if you want. I hope the "experts" follow your lead. Just more motivation for the best roster in football to put it all together Sunday night and smash the Commanders.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Tractor1;2413821 said:
I know better than betting on Cowboys football. You still haven't answered my question. What gives you confidence in the Cowboys given their current level of play?

Throw their "current level of play" out the window. The trends of the past 3 weeks mean nothing with Romo coming back. Our defense gives up when we are behind 2 touchdowns with sucky QBs. Our offense has been putting them in a bad positions, so they start pressing to make big plays instead of staying disciplined. I think we have a much better team now than when Romo got injuired.

Rudy

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2413935 said:
Throw their "current level of play" out the window. The trends of the past 3 weeks mean nothing with Romo coming back. Our defense gives up when we are behind 2 touchdowns with sucky QBs. Our offense has been putting them in a bad positions, so they start pressing to make big plays instead of staying disciplined. I think we have a much better team now than when Romo got injuired.

Our defense was given no breaks in the NYG game and was entirely disrespected by the lack of effort by its own OFFENSE. Given the great field position NY got the entire game, the defense still fought forcing turnovers...the only case for them "giving up" is Mike Jenkins mystery move, or lack thereof.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Rudy;2413956 said:
Our defense was given no breaks in the NYG game and was entirely disrespected by the lack of effort by its own OFFENSE. Given the great field position NY got the entire game, the defense still fought forcing turnovers...the only case for them "giving up" is Mike Jenkins mystery move, or lack thereof.

My next sentence was "Our offense has been putting them in a bad positions."

But doesn't change the fact that the past 3 weeks, if you score 2 TDs or more on this defense they break. Its disappointing. You'd want them to fight hard to the last second, but they aren't like that if the lead is insurmountable. They want to live to fight another day. Can't blame them with Romo coming back on the horizon.