Tim Cowlishaw said cowboys have no shot even if Portis doesn't play

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
It's up to our team if we have a shot at winning Sunday. Will they or won't they show up? That is the question. Barber, Witten, TO, RW11 and Ware will show up, I just wonder if our Oline and the rest of our Defense will show up, or if they're still on their month long vacation to the south-side of God only knows where. Then the big question of Romo's timing with that cast.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2414174 said:
Aint it.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I had the same reaction.

The deep anger and hatred always amazes me.

Posting Skip's hype-fueled opinion or something Cowlishaw said is like throwing gas on the fire around here.

Tractor1

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2413935 said:
Throw their "current level of play" out the window.

I can't justify throwing their current play out the window. Every team faces injuries throughout the season. Some continue to compete at a high level, while others make excuses. As someone said, "Difficulties don't build character, it reveals it."

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BadKarma;2413692 said:
I don't see anything wrong with what Cowlishaw or any of the analysts say about us. At this point, this team has a lot to prove with or without Romo. We were struggling before Romo got hurt, we struggled mightily when he was out.

Until this team starts performing at a high-level and dominate teams on all aspects of the game, we're just an average team with a whole lot of underachieving superstars.
Average teams win everyday, so even if that's true you have to acknowledge that the Cowboys have a chance to win this game. Cowlishaw didn't, thus the board's displeasure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo has not played a single game this year where the Cowboys did not score at least 24 points in a game and have avg 29 points per game with Romo. I like our chances

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2414313 said:
Romo has not played a single game this year where the Cowboys did not score at least 24 points in a game and have avg 29 points per game with Romo. I like our chances

me too... peolpe are saying that we were going down before Tony. well IMO we didn't have Roy at that time either. wasn't Tony 4 and 2 when he missed games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2414317 said:
me too... peolpe are saying that we were going down before Tony. well IMO we didn't have Roy at that time either. wasn't Tony 4 and 2 when he missed games.

I think Romo is going to give this team a big boost. I think they will come in confident and ready to go. Adding guys like Felix and hopefully Newman will also be a big factor. I have been watching the NFL long enough to know this season is far from over.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2414336 said:
I think Romo is going to give this team a big boost. I think they will come in confident and ready to go. Adding guys like Felix and hopefully Newman will also be a big factor. I have been watching the NFL long enough to know this season is far from over.

me too! honestly I don't stop believing until we are 100% out:)

BigD

Got 5? We do!
Reaction score
I truely hope all this media negativity is getting under our players skin. If we don't come out with a friggen chip on our shoulder and play some ANGRY football, i'm going to... well... uhhh... be pretty disappointed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2414340 said:
me too! honestly I don't stop believing until we are 100% out:)

I think if Dallas can win the next 3 Wash, SF and Seattle then get into their Thanksgiving break of 11 days before facing Pitt we will be in good shape to make a run at the post season.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2414355 said:
I think if Dallas can win the next 3 Wash, SF and Seattle then get into their Thanksgiving break of 11 days before facing Pitt we will be in good shape to make a run at the post season.

yep i am liking the Thanksgiving game this year. we get a little bye before we have to ply Pitt

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2414363 said:
yep i am liking the Thanksgiving game this year. we get a little bye before we have to ply Pitt

Historically Thanksgiving has been a good measuring stick for this team in terms of positioning themselves for the post season

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2414375 said:
Historically Thanksgiving has been a good measuring stick for this team in terms of positioning themselves for the post season
true:bow:

BadKarma

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2414307 said:
Average teams win everyday, so even if that's true you have to acknowledge that the Cowboys have a chance to win this game. Cowlishaw didn't, thus the board's displeasure.

I view Cowlishaw's remark as his opinion based on how this team has played this year. While us ardent fans may disagree with his opnion, the fact is, as a team we haven't played up to our potential or to everyone's expectations. Whether its due to injuries or lack of execution, we've witnessed some problems with our OL, special teams, and the defense.

In any case, I like our chances and believe we will win this game.

Reaction score
BadKarma;2414441 said:
I view Cowlishaw's remark as his opinion based on how this team has played this year. While us ardent fans may disagree with his opnion, the fact is, as a team we haven't played up to our potential or to everyone's expectations. Whether its due to injuries or lack of execution, we've witnessed some problems with our OL, special teams, and the defense.

In any case, I like our chances and believe we will win this game.

I dont... We lose by 17...

They are playing well and we are not. Tough road game with a QB that still cant grip the ball 100%. A fumble or untimely pick will put us down 7, then 14 and our half hearted Defense wont sac up and cost us the game. Romo will put up points but the D wont answer the call. Santana Moss will continue to abuse us...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2414610 said:
I dont... We lose by 17...

They are playing well and we are not. Tough road game with a QB that still cant grip the ball 100%. A fumble or untimely pick will put us down 7, then 14 and our half hearted Defense wont sac up and cost us the game. Romo will put up points but the D wont answer the call. Santana Moss will continue to abuse us...
They sure looked awesome against the Steelers. They also struggled with Detroit and Cleveland. They're not playing lights out as you imply.

You'll be wrong, I bet ,per usual.

Nav22

Reaction score
It's funny to me how quickly people forget the impact Tony Romo made on this team in 2006.

We were dead in the water with Drew Bledsoe. The OL looked like a mess, we couldn't run the ball, the worn-out D was giving up big plays...

Then #9 got behind center, those problems magically went away, and we got hot.

A top-notch QB can do that. Romo is a top-notch QB. Expect a major boost, relative to the last 4 weeks, in our entire team Sunday night.

It's not a stretch to believe Romo will provide that... the stretch is believing he won't.