Tim Tebow to sign with the Jaguars as a Tight End

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Ahhh a hater? No because the day he came into the league he was a target. Bashed constantly. Was he a pro QB in the right situation? I don’t know. I do know he won a playoff game. He was subject to scorn from all angles. People wanted the guy to fail. We all know why. Maybe don’t like him as a QB but you have to at least respect the guy. If you don’t you are a moron. This is just how I feel.

That is hyperbole to the highest degree. He had a rabid fan base and extraordinary privilege as evidenced by the fact that he can get signed to a position he's never played after 8 years out of the leauge.

What he's had is a cult following that has nothing to do with his play on the field.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah, this would've been a smart move many moons ago.

Mr. "I'm a Quarterback" should've switched when it was suggested back then. At this point, he's just a dog and pony show. Seat filler.

Why is he a good guy to have in the locker room? Just curious.

Because of his work ethic. He's known for it. Thats how he got as far as he did in pro baseball. ......which is why didn't get back to football sooner. He will practice and work non-stop until he gets it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Because of his work ethic. He's known for it. Thats how he got as far as he did in pro baseball. ......which is why didn't get back to football sooner. He will practice and work non-stop until he gets it.
Ah.

Too bad his stubbornness kept him from seeing the light a few years ago!!!!!! He definitely could've been a difference maker on O. At the age of 33, man it's going to be tough.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ahhh a hater? No because the day he came into the league he was a target. Bashed constantly. Was he a pro QB in the right situation? I don’t know. I do know he won a playoff game. He was subject to scorn from all angles. People wanted the guy to fail. We all know why. Maybe don’t like him as a QB but you have to at least respect the guy. If you don’t you are a moron. This is just how I feel.
Hater? Not even sure why you'd degrade yourself to namecalling. You must have a very weak premise.

Tebow was propped up for no reason far more than he was bashed. And I mean by a ton. There was never any reason for all the extreme optimism.

You really should pay more attention. I pay almost no attention to off field stuff. It's like you came in here w/ your cute little agenda and just couldn't wait to post your little hate filled speech. Man, you should re-evaluate your approach.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Hater? Not even sure why you'd degrade yourself to namecalling. You must have a very weak premise.

Tebow was propped up for no reason far more than he was bashed. And I mean by a ton. There was never any reason for all the extreme optimism.

You really should pay more attention. I pay almost no attention to off field stuff. It's like you came in here w/ your cute little agenda and just couldn't wait to post your little hate filled speech. Man, you should re-evaluate your approach.
Yawn. Have a blessed day.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That is hyperbole to the highest degree. He had a rabid fan base and extraordinary privilege as evidenced by the fact that he can get signed to a position he's never played after 8 years out of the leauge.

What he's had is a cult following that has nothing to do with his play on the field.
Sorry if this twists your panties. I will proudly admit I despise the Tebow haters. Despise them. Again maybe he couldn’t play QB. I get it. But the disdain for him went way beyond football. We all know why. I pray he does a good job in Jacksonville. I also love Meyer for having the guts to give his guy a last shot.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Sorry if this twists your panties. I will proudly admit I despise the Tebow haters. Despise them. Again maybe he couldn’t play QB. I get it. But the disdain for him went way beyond football. We all know why. I pray he does a good job in Jacksonville. I also love Meyer for having the guts to give his guy a last shot.

Yeah, I don't get the rooting for the man to fail. I think this is a gutsy move, one that might work out. If it doesn't, you can't blame them for taking a shot. I'm not worried about Tebow's spiritual beliefs. We live in a country with lots of different beliefs, thanks to the right of free choice. That's fine! His faith gives him some extra courage and incentive, and if that works for him, great. It's no reason not to root for him. I also don't root for athletes to fail. I find that mean spirited. I'll root against his team if they're playing the Cowboys, but in general, I wish Tim Tebow all the best.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah.

Too bad his stubbornness kept him from seeing the light a few years ago!!!!!! He definitely could've been a difference maker on O. At the age of 33, man it's going to be tough.

He's Urban Myer's all-time favorite player. But I think the reason he is getting this chance is maybe to take some of the media spotlight and pressure off Trevor Lawrence. Tebow is like a god in Northern Florida. A lot teams didn't want Tebow after his stint in Denver b/c he was a celebrity. That could work to J-ville's advantage in this instance easing Lawrence in.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

I don't hate him at all. I think he's a good dude & shares my faith.

I just don't think he's a NFL player & I believe he is privileged is all.

kskboys

Reaction score
How about the people who are not haters in the slightest but don't think he's good enough?

kskboys

Reaction score
He's Urban Myer's all-time favorite player. But I think the reason he is getting this chance is maybe to take some of the media spotlight and pressure off Trevor Lawrence. Tebow is like a god in Northern Florida. A lot teams didn't want Tebow after his stint in Denver b/c he was a celebrity. That could work to J-ville's advantage in this instance easing Lawrence in.
Agreed. This appears to be a fan drawing card to me. Lots of tickets sold to TC.

kskboys

Reaction score
I like those people. I like them a lot.
Then why are you yanking my chain and resorting to cheap name calling? Tim's religious bent does not interest me in the slightest. Why attack me because I don't think he's good enough?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Then why are you yanking my chain and resorting to cheap name calling? Tim's religious bent does not interest me in the slightest. Why attack me because I don't think he's good enough?
Am I attacking you? Where specifically did I “attack” you? I actually like you as a poster. Usually pretty insightful. Stop being so sensitive.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Remember that time the only coach whos had any success with him said he would be screwed in a conventional offense

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

This

kskboys

Reaction score
Right here.