Time for Jason Garrett

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This seems like a Garrett RANT.

Garrett does not call the plays or run the defense. I'm not sure what type of half-time adjustments he could make.

Garretts schemes and philosophies are still apart of this offense.

They didn't change the offense when Linehan got here.

He just changed the balance in playcalls.

Garrett failed and establishing a run game when he was the playcaller.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree with that.

Garrett just couldn't bring himself to force Romo to NOT audible out of run plays.

There is a fine line on sticking with the run when things are not working. They've been running over 85% of the time of 1st down this year which seems highly questionable; although, I think the numbers were similar last season and it worked then.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
to make the Garrett faithful look good for once. I know he isnt in the Hall of Fame yet, but this would be a good time for him to begin showing us a sign.

Honestly.....One win out of 4 games is not a big task. With the injuries, we actually need a real coach to somehow coach his way to one victory. Take some risks, rally the troops, ect....ect...

If we cant pull something out against the Giants there will be no defending Garrett at all. A great coach could get one desperate victory in 4 games to get us to 3-3. All we need to do is stay in the hunt here at 500.

How about a half time adjustment Garrett? Anything? Just one?

Garrett has been burned in 4 straight games getting out coached in the 2nd half.

At least they made the right call putting in Cassell and Michaels.

from what I read there wont be much CM, Randle is the starter and will get most carries lol.

Your right though, JG needs to show he can be innovative and bold, but dont hold your breath waiting for that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

yeah linehan is play caller, not the oc. It is still a JG offense and playbook, with some linehan influence.
Thats why JG wanted him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
from what I read there wont be much CM, Randle is the starter and will get most carries lol.

Your right though, JG needs to show he can be innovative and bold, but dont hold your breath waiting for that.

IMO, CM will get more carries than McFadden has been averaging

Myboys

Reaction score

Garrett does not call the plays or run the defense. I'm not sure what type of half-time adjustments he could make.

What does Garrett do? He doesn't call plays, he doesn't run the defense, and from what I've read on this forum, there are a number of people who believe the FO dictates who plays.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does Garrett do? He doesn't call plays, he doesn't run the defense, and from what I've read on this forum, there are a number of people who believe the FO dictates who plays.

Garrett does things that Wade Phillips couldn't or wouldn't do. He maintains team discipline and deals with all the issues that arise when you have sixty something players and about 10 coaches working for you. He influences all the people above and below him. He does not call the plays or run the defense but he sets the tone and direction for those coordinators. He does influence Jerry and the front office. The Cowboys have done a much better job of doing their homework on any players with character questions since Garrett became the HC. Even the promotion of Will McClay appears to have been influenced by Garrett from my understanding. Stephen and Garrett worked together to get Jerry to step back which has happened the past couple of years.

When Wade was the HC, there was no team discipline and they eventually just quit on him. He ruined the entire locker-room mentality and they had to replace the vast majority of those players and over-focus on drafting team captains and good guys in order to rebuild the team chemistry. Garrett was probably at his best when he had to handle the entire ordeal of Josh Brent causing Jerry Brown's death. There are so many things that go on with at football team that fans can't see and Garrett appears to be great as a team leader.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Garrett does things that Wade Phillips couldn't or wouldn't do. He maintains team discipline and deals with all the issues that arise when you have sixty something players and about 10 coaches working for you. He influences all the people above and below him. He does not call the plays or run the defense but he sets the tone and direction for those coordinators. He does influence Jerry and the front office. The Cowboys have done a much better job of doing their homework on any players with character questions since Garrett became the HC. Even the promotion of Will McClay appears to have been influenced by Garrett from my understanding. Stephen and Garrett worked together to get Jerry to step back which has happened the past couple of years.

When Wade was the HC, there was no team discipline and they eventually just quit on him. He ruined the entire locker-room mentality and they had to replace the vast majority of those players and over-focus on drafting team captains and good guys in order to rebuild the team chemistry. Garrett was probably at his best when he had to handle the entire ordeal of Josh Brent causing Jerry Brown's death. There are so many things that go on with at football team that fans can't see and Garrett appears to be great as a team leader.

Impressive. All that's missing is the miracle and he's eligible for sainthood.

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score

I am amazed that people that who do not work for the Cowboys Organization have intimate knowledge of the day to day operations of the football team. Garrett is bigger than Tom Landry ever was in Dallas based on your response above. I just don't see how a HC who is playing "footsies" with Jerry's daughter every year in the Draft Room has time to influence the entire organization to select the best available player for this football team. Just because he is a Princeton graduate, he is automatically assumed to be brilliant and influential. Garrett was in "training mode" per Jerry for many years and now he is the Master Of the Entire Organization. I guess he is now teaching the people who trained him. The Garrett Homers on this Board are incredible.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We've got one of the two or three best rosters in the NFC through good drafting, roster management, and player development. There's no point in debating that with any fan too dim to recognize how it happened. It wasn't by accident.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL..........I actually agree with you. He does little. But lets be honest, a real head coach should be all in it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah. He had Le'Veon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Markus Wheaton, and Heath Miller.

The Steelers quietly have one of the best WR corps in the NFL. They don't get talked about much (except for Brown), but they are all good WRs.

NO, they have a real head coach that knows football. Garrett can talk his way into a job, but he isnt a football guy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals lose Dockett, Palmer, and still made the playoffs last year. Arians played with clowns at QB. They even won a playoff game with their backup QB. Since everybody feels that we should not be able to win any games without Bryant and Romo available, I suggest that we just forfeit the next 5 games until Romo and Bryant are able to play together. The team will have no additional injuries the next 5 weeks and it will allow the entire team to get 100% Healthy and well rested for the last remaining 6 games. We will win the last 6 Games and hopefully win the NFC East.
The main issue is that we should play every game to win if you have talented players around or do not have talented players available. The feeling is that Garrett & Crew are playing not to lose instead of pulling out every stop or trick to win each and every game. Garrett got a Big Extension and he is the HC. I expect him to lead this team to a few victories no matter what injuries may effect his team. His philosophy of Next Man Up is all talk right now. He needs to prove to us that his system and philosophies are differences makers during this NFL season. Talk is cheap.

All these guys are admitting is that last years 12-4 success had little to do with Garrett and everything to do with Romo and the talent on the team. Which many agree with.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Brandon Weeden did win games in Cleveland...

He's a 4th year player now too so you would think that with some experience he would be better.

Weeden was something like 5-18 in Cleveland. And he has lost his last 10 games he started.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We've got one of the two or three best rosters in the NFC through good drafting, roster management, and player development. There's no point in debating that with any fan too dim to recognize how it happened. It wasn't by accident.

And how did it happen in your EXPERT opinion? :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I hope you are wrong, I would love to see what Michaels can do with ample carries. Not to mention I have him on my fantasy team. :)