Time for Jason Garrett

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, that was predictable. A total 2nd half collapse of the team. When we need him to step up and do some actual coaching, Garrett is 0-4.

So you thought the best thing to do was start yet another Garrett thread only this time insult anyone who still supports him? Really?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you thought the best thing to do was start yet another Garrett thread only this time insult anyone who still supports him? Really?

Garrett is getting hammered because he deserves it. Until Garrett lovers admit they were wrong about last year and Garrett overall I dont think it will ever stop. We had to hear it last year about how great Garrett was, now the shoe is on the other foot.

It would also help if Garrett could find some way, any way to win ONE game for us. What are coaches for if not to find ways to will teams to win? Why is he even here? His past mistakes with the backup QB are really killing is at this point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

And why would anyone support him? Honestly? I have been asking you Garrett guys for years why you like him and no one ever comes up with anything.

Junglist

Reaction score
This seems like a Garrett RANT.

Garrett does not call the plays or run the defense. I'm not sure what type of half-time adjustments he could make.

If he doesn't call plays, or run the defense, why is he even here? What exactly does he do besides spit and clap his hands? I'm semi-serious.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, you're not going to answer my question?

If you don't have any understand of just how much is involved with being and NFL head coach then it's doubtful that I can explain it.

He manages the team. That involves everything from player discipline to travel schedule changes like the one last week. He is the primary decision maker on who starts and plays, who is inactive and he is the pivot point between the front office and the assistant coaches on adding/cutting players. He generally calls the timeouts during games, decides on whether to go for on 4th down, challenges calls by the refs, decides that McFadden will get 29 carries to only 5 for C-Mike, etc..

I don't know how my original reply didn't answer the question. He does what many Head Coaches in the NFL do including Jimmy who won Super Bowls in the same role.

Junglist

Reaction score
If you don't have any understand of just how much is involved with being and NFL head coach then it's doubtful that I can explain it.

He manages the team. That involves everything from player discipline to travel schedule changes like the one last week. He is the primary decision maker on who starts and plays, who is inactive and he is the pivot point between the front office and the assistant coaches on adding/cutting players. He generally calls the timeouts during games, decides on whether to go for on 4th down, challenges calls by the refs, decides that McFadden will get 29 carries to only 5 for C-Mike, etc..

I don't know how my original reply didn't answer the question. He does what many Head Coaches in the NFL do including Jimmy who won Super Bowls in the same role.

I know what a head coach does, that's why I said I was semi-serious. To me, Garrett is terrible at in-game decisions.