Time is against M Parsons

DZSierra

Reaction score
I can only hope he is good enough for this to become an actual issue. If he is I have no doubt he will remain a COWBOY.

Down the road, I hope he is good enough where if Dallas gets within 20% of what he (Parsons) wants, I hope he stays because he wants to be with the team.

Reactions: CWR

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Personally, I like the new linebacker drafted by the Cowboys.

I'm a PSU alum, and my roomates brother in college played linebacker on a national championship team (and he played in the NFL).

Boo me, but growing up, I was a Eagles fan and I HATED the cowboys.

Thing is, I hated the cowboys because they were so good back then. Even to this day, I can't hold but the utmost respect for Tom Landry for the way he handled himself on the field. Heck, even now, I can respect Jimmy Johnnson even though I didn't like what I thought was his flashy style when he was with the cowboys but the fact is the man knew how to handle and motivate people LOL

Thing is, in the 70's and 80's when I watched football as a kid and young man, it was seemed it was all about the "team". Reality is, I have no clue what NFL ownership make now per TV and everything else, but today it's all about the dollars, be it you're the owner or the player.

The reason why I love M Parsons is because it seems he wanted to be a Cowboy growing up in Pa (even back in the 70 and 80's in Pa, there were fans of "Amercia's team"). Thing is, if he (Parsons) does great in his position with the Cowboys, and his contract comes up for renewal, does he stay because he wants to be a Cowboy or does he leave for the money?

Long story short, which I'm past, it seems today it's all about the money on either side.

I still remember when Elway turned down the Colts and couldn't believe it. I still don't like that guy LMAO

Deep Thoughts...

JayFord

Reaction score
well heck

I was a Raiders/Cowboys fan then during the 94 season i dropped the Raiders

cowboyec

Reaction score
who the hell reads time anymore any way.
screw them.
screw'm all.
:starspin:COWBOYS:starspin:
they can apologize by putting Micah Parsons on the cover when we win the Super Bowl...
THIS YEAR.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

I'm a PSU alum, and my roomates brother in college played linebacker on a national championship team (and he played in the NFL).

Thing is, I hated the cowboys because they were so good back then. Even to this day, I can't hold but the utmost respect for Tom Landry for the way he handled himself on the field. Heck, even now, I can respect Jimmy Johnnson even though I didn't like what I thought was his flashy style when he was with the cowboys but the fact is the man knew how to handle and motivate people LOL

Thing is, in the 70's and 80's when I watched football as a kid and young man, it was seemed it was all about the "team". Reality is, I have no clue what NFL ownership make now per TV and everything else, but today it's all about the dollars, be it you're the owner or the player.

The reason why I love M Parsons is because it seems he wanted to be a Cowboy growing up in Pa (even back in the 70 and 80's in Pa, there were fans of "Amercia's team"). Thing is, if he (Parsons) does great in his position with the Cowboys, and his contract comes up for renewal, does he stay because he wants to be a Cowboy or does he leave for the money?

Long story short, which I'm past, it seems today it's all about the money on either side.

I still remember when Elway turned down the Colts and couldn't believe it. I still don't like that guy LMAO
Thing is, I have no idea what your point is.

It's always been about the dollars. Always.

Flamma

Reaction score

It's about the money because big money is involved. Back in the 70s and 80s it was more about winning and playing the game.

If you're old enough to remember why Elway avoided the Colts then you should know why. At the time that organization was a potential career ender. The 1981 2-14 Colts were one of the worst teams in league history giving up 533 points. A record that will never be broken. They followed that up with an 0-8-1 shortened season in '82. Elway had to think about his career, not what we wanted him to do.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I see it as the "saturation point" on what a team is willing to pay for a certain position.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I've always respected Tom Landry and certain Dallas players. Mr. Jerry Jones got his superbowls, but I can't help but think he loves running a 3 ring circus.

I don't think that's the case. I pointed out DeMarco Murray vs. Ezekiel Elliott. Dallas wasn't willing to pay big for one, but it was willing to pay big for the other. It's all about relative value. If Parsons is a playmaker for this defense, creating sacks, turnovers, negative plays for the opposing offenses, then the Joneses will pay him. This has been their way, especially in the time since they decided that it wasn't worth paying top dollar to outside free agents.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Since you’re so obviously miserable I suggest you don’t watch the Cowboys or the NFL and spare us your misery. Jeez, get a life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
@DZSierra I see some are rolling out the red welcome carpet for you. For some of them, consider the source.

I am a Pitt alum. Hate everything about PSU (even though my one brother graduated there, aeronautical engineer) but liked Sean Lee and really like the Parsons pick.

I was a Vikings fan back when Tarkenton was my favorite pro player. Dorsett was my favorite college player growing up in Pgh. Dorsett becomes a Cowboy and sayonara to Tarkenton and the Vikes and hello to the Cowboys.

Money is the driving factor for football. Not going to change so just have to roll with players leaving and coming. Can’t blame them, owners and players. Money drives a lot of my decisions in life too.
You and @DZSierra need to rent a room.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not hardly.

For whatever reason, I actually like the Cowboys as I've gotten older. The reality at the end of the day, the "boys" are not better than the Eagles in todays time right now.

Hard to believe, but whoever wins the NFC east, I'd like to see win the superbowl.

the same eagles team that we smoked in week 16 with our BACKUP QB, and who finished with a worse record than us, is better than us? Goodbye eagles troll

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
While I like the thread title, to be fair, time is against us all. None of us are going to make it out alive. Time is undefeated.

GMO415

Reaction score
So ...this is just a Profile thread. Thanks for sharing........

DZSierra

Reaction score
If you're old enough to remember why Elway avoided the Colts then you should know why. At the time that organization was a potential career ender. The 1981 2-14 Colts were one of the worst teams in league history giving up 533 points. A record that will never be broken. They followed that up with an 0-8-1 shortened season in '82. Elway had to think about his career, not what we wanted him to do.

Any losing team that gets a high draft pick can be a "career ender" if that draft pick goes to a losing team.

Depends on who you listened to back then as to why Elway didn't want to go to Baltimore.

Most feasible explination IMO was Irsay, the man himself. Not the son, the current owner in Indy, but one could argue the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

DZSierra

Reaction score
the same eagles team that we smoked in week 16 with our BACKUP QB, and who finished with a worse record than us, is better than us? Goodbye eagles troll

Where have I said anything negative about the Cowboys?

At the end of the day, the NFC east kind of sucks all around, so yeah, between everyone in the division, it's not like day and night on how great a football team is.

DZSierra

Reaction score
It's about the money because big money is involved. Back in the 70s and 80s it was more about winning and playing the game.

When Bill Bergey left Cincinatti in the 70's, the biggest reason why he left was the money. Cincy actually filed a lawsuit agasint Bergey but they lost. At the time, Bergey was the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. 1976, 4 year deal for 1 million dollars. In todays time, that equals to 4.6 million dollars for a 4 year contract, which is a little over a million a year in todays standards. Keep in mind, that's after Bergey played 5 years and had shown what he was worth and people knew he was a good football player.

But I will agree with you. Growing up watching football, it always seemed more about winning over what players were being paid and contract disputes.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I'm booing you as an alum of THE Ohio State University.

tenor.gif

Now worries, and although I really don't like Ohio State, I'm good friends with someone where went there. At the end of the day, colleges are no more different than NFL teams when it comes to fan support IMO.

I can assure you, you've probably spent more on your alma mater than I did. I worked all during college, and one job was working for the university collecting donations from grads. I learned their tricks LOL

Funny, when I went to college, we never said "THE Ohio State University" lmao. What's wrong with Buckeyes? Makes as much sense as a Nittany Lions when you think about it LOL

Now I'm wondering if students still beat the living crap out of the mascot when they pass them up through the stand (those guys use to take a beating) LOL

Last edited: