Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt

johneric8

Reaction score
Time is up to give Dak the benefit of the doubt.

I think this organization has been more than fair to Dak with their offer They have indicated they are willing to gamble everything on him despite (let’s be honest) him not proving himself yet. They’ve already taken the step to offer more than he’s worth.

Last year, even the first three stellar weeks, accuracy was still (and always will be) a problem.

And for the life of me, I don’t understand how he doesn’t realize that QB of Dallas Cowboys is worth 10x more in his post NFL life and endorsements than going to a small market afterthought.

He has proven he does not care anything about this franchise and his teammates. Surprising, yes, but now clear to any unbiased observer.

It is time to seek trade offers from other teams and think about moving on. We do not want to hitch our wagon to this horse.

Stopped reading after you said "Dak hasn't proved anything yet"

Nice attempt but it was a fail! Not very good at being objective are you?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prescott gave the franchise 4 solid and productive seasons, never missing a single game for under 1 million per year. He deserves whatever he can get, not what some entitled fans think. Endorsements have nothing to do with it.
The mistake was not extending him earlier. The longer they wait, the high the market is.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I think this organization has been more than fair to Dak with their offer They have indicated they are willing to gamble everything on him despite (let’s be honest) him not proving himself yet. They’ve already taken the step to offer more than he’s worth.

Last year, even the first three stellar weeks, accuracy was still (and always will be) a problem.

And for the life of me, I don’t understand how he doesn’t realize that QB of Dallas Cowboys is worth 10x more in his post NFL life and endorsements than going to a small market afterthought.

He has proven he does not care anything about this franchise and his teammates. Surprising, yes, but now clear to any unbiased observer.

It is time to seek trade offers from other teams and think about moving on. We do not want to hitch our wagon to this horse.

Dallas has franchised him and looking to get a long term deal. What you want really does not matter. In 4 years he has never had a losing record and has helped team to post season 2 out of the 4 years and according to some it was Garrett and now that Garrett is gone it seems to all be Dak. Really does not matter if you give him the benefit of the doubt, he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys deal with it or not, really does not matter

InTheZone

Reaction score
I don’t come here every day. I can express my feelings.

Tell me why he deserves Russell Wilson + pay. Pray tell.
He should get paid tops because in 4 years it'll be average

He should be paid tops because in 4 years he's better than the rookies coming out

He should be paid tops because, despite endorsements, doesn't have a rich wife

He should be paid tops because we have cooper rush

He should be paid tops because I've never heard a defender ever criticize his play in any way

He should be paid tops because he's never at fault or the reason why we lose games.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Of Course he should be paid more than Russel.. If you take a look at Russels first 4 years compare to Dak's, you will be surprised:
Year for Russel: 2012-2015
Years for Dak: 2016-2019
Games: 64-64
Wins: Rus: 46 Dak: 40
Losses: 18-24
Winning %: .719 - .625
Pass Compl: 1123-1363
Pass Attempts: 1735-2071
Comple %: 64.7-65.8
Pass Yards: 13974-15778
TD: 106-97
INT: 34-36
Rushing Yards: 2430-1221
Game Winning Drives: 18-14
QB Rating: 101.8-97.1

Better Pass Comple, Attempts , Completions and Yards more for Dak..

Therefore Dak should be payed more than Russel.. Even if he has 1 SB...The whole team wins SB not the QB only, excluding
Brady..
Someone doesn't want to win a super bowl...

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what Patrick Mahomes does. He has spoken about a team friendly deal to retain talent on KC and win more super bowls. If he signs an extension for $35 million/year or less it will be quite telling to see how Dak and his fans feel about him asking for more than Patrick Mahomes.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak wants out of Dallas and that's why he didnt sign a contract. Dallas should put some serious consideration into this first round pick. If a QB like Hebert falls they might want to consider trading up a few spots to get him.
And your evidence that Dak wants out of Dallas?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Of Course he should be paid more than Russel.. If you take a look at Russels first 4 years compare to Dak's, you will be surprised:

Therefore Dak should be payed more than Russel.. Even if he has 1 SB...The whole team wins SB not the QB only, excluding
Brady..

Cool. I'll play, so in 2016 (Russell Wilson's 5th season), Wilson was the 11th highest paid QB in the NFL. Currently, that would be around 27/28 per year. Dak doesn't want a long term contract, the team wants a long term contract. Lets meet in the middle and give him a 4 year deal for 28 per, guarantee the first 3 years. I like this idea of same - same......

Rayman70

Reaction score
this is a business. Dak will get the deal he wants. The tag was always going to be used as a placeholder to buy time. Now there is a good chance we see a deal get done with him. Saves the cap hit now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak wants out of Dallas and that's why he didnt sign a contract. Dallas should put some serious consideration into this first round pick. If a QB like Hebert falls they might want to consider trading up a few spots to get him.
not true. How do we know that? Dak will be here and play well. We are seeing a rebuild of sorts...retooling the culture too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

You came about this knowledge how? lol Dak want to get paid, the only hang up in the length on contract.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
:huh: Man are you serious? Whether you like DAK or not this is a business. Your agent is there to get you the most money possible. Dak wanted the tag because he knows there are 2 other QBs next year that are going to get paid north of 38-40 million a year. I don't understand how anyone can blame Dak when Cowboys management sat on their thumbs while Goff and Wentz deals set the market. For 4 years they paid this guy PEANUTS. Wentz and Goff have been paid nearly 25M more in these 4 years. GET YOUR MONEY DAK!!!!
You seem to care more about individual players than the team. Are you related to Dak. I want the team to win. If Dak gets greedy it effects our Salary Cap and HURTS the team. Dak will be PERFECTLY fine, more than fine, if he makes 30-33 million a year!!!!!!!!!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Debating what #4 does or doesnt deserve is irrelevant.

Contract negotiations are about leverage, which is fully determined by what the alternatives may be for each side.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Brady..
Sarcasm, right?

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Prescott gave the franchise 4 solid and productive seasons, never missing a single game for under 1 million per year. He deserves whatever he can get, not what some entitled fans think. Endorsements have nothing to do with it.
The mistake was not extending him earlier. The longer they wait, the high the market is.

Remind me again, What round was he drafted? As I stated in another thread, if it weren't for Romo and Moore being injured, he'd still be holding a clipboard on the sidelines today...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

I want to believe Dak can do it.

But the fans are truly split over him.

After 4 years, it's been hard to see what his signature play is. Sometimes it's 400 yds and multiple winning plays.

Other days it's sacks by the bushel, missed throws, multiple 3 and outs.

It's like every game is a new issue to be overcome.

But the lack of great QBs means even with his warts, Dak still has upside.

So that is where we are..waiting for talent and opportunity to marry with Dak.

Sure, the money is an issue for everybody. But do not let it lessen your passion as a fan. The attorneys will handle that.

It's out of our control.

Dak is clearly being guided by professional agents and advisors being paid to look out for his best interests.

Why?

All we need to see is the injury to Smith the QB who for the Skins whom they traded for from KC.

One severe injury can end it all.

So Dak has a right to protect himself with his contract.

And the team has a right to shape the contract to protect the team.

Big stakes indeed.