Time to have bully ball Mindset

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Time to play bully ball. Sick of the nameless mutts from the capitol. Let’s go take their lunch money

255.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope our fans take over the stadium. We usually have a pretty good showing. And from the WFT play from earlier in the season. I would think, many of their fans had their tickets listed to sell.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Time to play bully ball. Sick of the nameless mutts from the capitol. Let’s go take their lunch money

255.gif
The mindset should be obvious. If we cannot beat Washington and the Iggles, then what possible difference will it make if we enter the playoffs on such sour notes. All year long we have spoken about getting this or that player back and when we do, all will be righted. We are getting Randy and Gallimore back, on top of Tank last week. This will make our defense better, there is not doubt about that. The offense is relatively healthy with the O line having six starters available. However, they are playing poorly. The O line has not opened many running holes of late and when they do, Zeke is slow to the hole and they close quickly. For some reason, Jerruh is constantly assuring the fan base that
Zeke is healthy. He is not or if he is, his best days are clearly over. Pollard is the better back except in pass protection, however he is getting limited touches. We seldom if ever run sweeps. All our runs are between the tackles and of late render no more than 3 yards, at best. Enter Dak Prescott. I am not a hater. I think Dak is a good guy and a terrific leader. He has the team playing for him as best they can. Dak is not playing well. Why is that? My guess is that his calf is still a problem. He does not pose a running threat any longer. The O line is not protecting him and he is not capable of making even the simplest of passes under intense pressure. He plays best in the hurry up offense. If I were Kellen Moore I would go No Huddle right from the get go. Dak seems to play best when he is in charge of the play calling in the Hurry Up. He moves and passes better on the run than he does in the pocket, always has. Get him moving and throwing. Kellen please do not forget the simple slant patterns to Gallup and seam routes to Shultz. Those plays were staples in the beginning of the season and have since been few and far between.

Lastly, run more plays with Zeke and Pollard in the backfield. It will confuse defenses and allow quick passes to either. Zeke will make an effective fullback type blocking back for Pollard and he can have blitz pick up responsibilities if they decide to pass down the field out of that alignment.

Go Cowboys, punch the WFT in the mouth and shut everyone up!!

John813

Reaction score
Jackie Earle Haley was excellent in that role. One of the best DC comic movies.

Anywho, agree the Cowboys need to come out punching going for the kill early and often.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Agree… Although I prefer the graphic novel to the movie, Haley handled the role well.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I hope our fans take over the stadium. We usually have a pretty good showing. And from the WFT play from earlier in the season. I would think, many of their fans had their tickets listed to sell.

Would love to see us run em out of their own house lol

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Jackie Earle Haley was excellent in that role. One of the best DC comic movies.

Anywho, agree the Cowboys need to come out punching going for the kill early and often.
What movie was that?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just wish we could figure out how to get back to what we were earlier in the year. Unstoppable on offense. If we can figure that out we’re going to be a tough out.

Run game and Kellen Moore not being so bland.

This cramming it between the tackles with no motion or threat of a sweep or anything is just not it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to be there, I'm all locked and loaded to go to the day after Christmas game in Jerry World.

Splitting games with the WFT is all we have to do to pretty much assure us a division title. The rest of the NFCE will chew itself up. One of those other NFCE teams my back into a wildcard seed but they will be one and done.

Aven8

Reaction score

This cramming it between the tackles with no motion or threat of a sweep or anything is just not it.

It’s maddening that he won’t run off tackle. He did it twice last week and one went for 58 and Zeke had his best run on one leg on the other. After I watched SF a couple of weeks ago that’s all they run are tosses. Pollard would be electric doing that

Doomsday101

Reaction score

OL needs to step up. Running the ball for the sake of running is not going to win games. If you are gaining 3 yards or less per carry then all we are doing is putting ourselves in 2nd and long or 3rd and long which is a big advantage to defense. I'm all for balance and running the ball but do so you have to be effective in running the ball. This game vs Washington will be tough they ranked 3rd in rushing defense. I hope we can run the ball but what would be stupid is running ineffectively just for the sake of saying we ran the ball x number of times. Washington weakness is in the secondary and again while Dallas does need to run to keep the pass rush in check if Dallas is going to do anything on offense it likely will be through the passing game.

Reactions: G2

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We don't play that way. I'd like us to play tough but I don't see it coming from our team.

We had it vs Tampa Bay to start the year. We rolled the Panthers and Eagles with tough nosed football. We played gritty ball against NE on the road and we smacked Belichik’s vaunted D around.

To your point— we have not displayed that mentality the last 5 weeks. But we can play bully ball. They just have to step up and focus and be consistent.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We had it vs Tampa Bay to start the year. We rolled the Panthers and Eagles with tough nosed football. We played gritty ball against NE on the road and we smacked Belichik’s vaunted D around.

To your point— we have not displayed that mentality the last 5 weeks. But we can play bully ball. They just have to step up and focus and be consistent.

I agree and it falls to the staff and players to get back to that. The Thanksgiving day stretch has always been tough, now they get those extra days off and gear up for the final push of the season. I think Cowboys are more than capable but now is the time to show it.