Time to play the Win/Lose game

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I chose KC to beat us because any given week they have shown the ability to score alot of points. DAL is still the kind of team that is going to have a problem winning games where the opponents score more than 24 IMO.
That and the fact that no matter how you call it, there are always those games where you lose even though you're team is the better team. That's football.
I think we have a better team than KC, Seattle and OAK but I picked these teams to win because they can put up high scores any Sunday (or Monday).

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
OVERALL RECORD: 7-9 :(

Its not worth the space to reprint what you wrote. I like the way your season started our but man your not much on Positive thinking are you. :banghead: :D

Hoov

Reaction score
2005 Regular Season Schedule
Sun., Sept. 11 @ San Diego 3:15 p.m. WIN
Mon., Sept. 19 WASHINGTON 8:00 p.m. WIN
Sun., Sept. 25 @ San Francisco 3:05 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 2 @ Oakland 3:15 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 9 PHILADELPHIA 3:15 p.m. LOSE
Sun., Oct. 16 NY GIANTS Noon WIN
Sun., Oct. 23 @ Seattle 3:05 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 30 ARIZONA Noon WIN
Sun., Nov. 6 BYE
Mon., Nov. 14 @ Philadelphia 8:00 p.m. WIN
Sun., Nov. 20 DETROIT Noon WIN
Thur., Nov. 24 DENVER 3:15 p.m. LOSE
Sun., Dec. 4 @ NY Giants Noon WIN
Sun., Dec. 11 KANSAS CITY 3:15 p.m. WIN
Sun., Dec. 18 @ Washington Noon WIN
Sat., Dec. 24 @ Carolina Noon LOSE
Sun., Jan. 1 ST. LOUIS 7:30 p.m. WIN

13-3 (or 12-4 depend if we are able to win one against Philly)

I dont think the AFC teams on our schedule this year will have a good defense, except denver so im gambling that we can go 3-1 vs AFC, hoping a lot of things go right with cowbous D for this to happen.

Im picking the Cowboys to sweep Washington as are many, and i think we can sweep the giants but i may be wrong there. hoping the cowboys D can put enough pressure on Eli to really throw off the giants offense.

San Fran will still be bad this year, Everyone keeps talking bout Arizona really improving but im still putting that down as a win for the cowboys. Dont think Detroit will quite get it together till later in the season or next year and Seattle's defense...what can i say, theres no way we should have won that game last year as bad as we played on D letting them run up and down the field but they still blew at the end of the game.

Verdict

Reaction score
2005 Regular Season Schedule
Sun., Sept. 11 @ San Diego 3:15 p.m. WIN
Mon., Sept. 19 WASHINGTON 8:00 p.m. WIN
Sun., Sept. 25 @ San Francisco 3:05 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 2 @ Oakland 3:15 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 9 PHILADELPHIA 3:15 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 16 NY GIANTS Noon WIN
Sun., Oct. 23 @ Seattle 3:05 p.m. WIN
Sun., Oct. 30 ARIZONA Noon WIN
Sun., Nov. 6 BYE
Mon., Nov. 14 @ Philadelphia 8:00 p.m. LOSE
Sun., Nov. 20 DETROIT Noon WIN
Thur., Nov. 24 DENVER 3:15 p.m. WIN
Sun., Dec. 4 @ NY Giants Noon WIN
Sun., Dec. 11 KANSAS CITY 3:15 p.m. WIN
Sun., Dec. 18 @ Washington Noon WIN
Sat., Dec. 24 @ Carolina Noon LOSE
Sun., Jan. 1 ST. LOUIS 7:30 p.m. WIN

I may have rose colored glasses, but ill call it 14 wins 2 losses. The schedule looks favorable in that we get key teams at home (Arizona, Detroit, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis) I predict that Arizona will be MUCH better this year and will be a playoff contender. You heard it here first. No I am not kidding. Kansas city and St Louis will probably not be as good as previous years and may be overrated. Detroit could be good, offensively, but is still a year away from a playoff team. We will see how close I was in January.

I see the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game, and probably winning the NFC.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'll hold off until Pre-season is over and get a better ideal of the players on this team

burmafrd

Reaction score
I cannot believe how many people think we will lose to Oakland- just because they got Moss? They have a LOT of holes.
Detroit? They are at least a year away from being good- Harrington is not going to do it, and I think that Garcia has been beaten up too much. They might be dangerous if Garcia can still play well- but they have problems in their secondary.
Frankly I see no way we DO NOT beat both of them. Denver is about to hit the wall- they imported the ENTIRE CLeveland D line- which STANK.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I cannot believe how many people think we will lose to Oakland- just because they got Moss?

Moss owns us. End of story.

It might be a little far-fetched, I know. But it is like how we own Washington. You cannot explain it, but you cannot bet against it either.

Detroit? They are at least a year away from being good- Harrington is not going to do it, and I think that Garcia has been beaten up too much. They might be dangerous if Garcia can still play well- but they have problems in their secondary.

I don't think we lose to Detroit. Lindy's has them going to the NFC Championship, which I find ludicrous.

Frankly I see no way we DO NOT beat both of them. Denver is about to hit the wall- they imported the ENTIRE CLeveland D line- which STANK.

I don't think Denver will be a great team, and your point about the Cleveland line was well taken. But, we got their RCB and we struggled to beat that stanky D line last season if you recall.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
kartr said:
8-8 is optimistic and anything more with Bledsoe is toke,puff and snort thinking.

Bledsoe is the best QB we've had on the roster since Aikman retired.

red dog

Reaction score
I look for a fast start, something similar to what Bledsoe had his first year in Buffalo. New team, renewed chip on his shoulder, and a fairly easy schedule. San Diego and Philadelphia will be the only losses. Oakland may be a problem; they seem to have Drew's number. He won't know how to act in the second half of the season, having to always play in cold and windy weather in New England and Buffalo. He will wear down as the season goes on and I feel the losses will be on the road in Philadelphia and New York (cold and windy) and in Carolina. 11-5 is a good possibility, but 10-6 is more of a probability.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Moss owns us. End of story.

Only reason Moss has owned Dallas is because ever since his rookie year, Dallas has failed to get adequate pressure on Cunningham, and Daunte. JMO, but get to the QB and make him hurry his throw, then we'll see if Moss still owns us.

Kerry Collins is a stiff, and if we get to him early and often, Moss will be rendered helpless.