Time to put it to bed

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
I would say he is 12-15th best QB in the league and getting better. Potential to be a top 10QB down the road. Never going to be elite.
See that's reasonable. I want to think he could be elite, but time will tell. Let's just see how this team does in the playoffs. At this point of the season, there's no point in arguing about his negatives and positives, I just want a damn super bowl. The talk should continue after the season depending on how it goes.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Dak makes those throws at about the same percentage as any other quarterback. He just attempts less. Nothing wrong with quarterbacks who prefer shorter passes instead of throwing bombs just to have them intercepted at a high rate. This is just an excuse to talk bs about Dak for personal reasons. Dak seems to care less about stats and more about winning and protecting the ball. That’s BIG in the NFL. It’s a winning formula that Dak is proving to be true.
We aren’t limited with Dak. We are limited in the receiving core because we don’t have a lot of weapons there. Especially at TE. Actually we have been proven to be just as limited if not more with an interception prone quarterback who loved to gamble and bet on his arm. We never won those bets.

Dak is limited. We need to have a strong supporting cast around him and be mistake free to sustain drives by dinking and dunking down the field. We see guys open but Dak can't hit them or takes the easy dump off because he doesn't go through progressions or can't read the defense.

Not sure what you mean by "personal reasons" because I'm strictly talking about his play on the field. Eventually it'll catch up to us when we can't sustain drives and he can't hit the mid-range passes or receivers wide open deep.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I'm confused. Shouldn't all Cowboy fans want Dak to succeed? This constant bashing is silly. He's the quarterback for my team and I want him to succeed. It''s the same thing as when people were hating on Tony Romo. Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman are not walking through the door next week, so I going to keep pulling for Dak. This is his third year and he's still learning.
I do not think that is the case. Most people (in here) concerned about Dak are those that have seen this movie many times before (with this team and others who cannot win the big games).
The windows of opportunity in the NFL are small, so when all the stars start to align in Dec with all the variables such as your teams health, defense, RB, receivers despite our HC/OC, not to mention the most important position on the field, you basically have a magnifying glass on the QB position at all times.
If Dak wins a SB or even a NFC Championship, I think you see 95% of the naysayers in here gladly eating crow. Just my opinion.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Dak is limited. We need to have a strong supporting cast around him and be mistake free to sustain drives by dinking and dunking down the field. We see guys open but Dak can't hit them or takes the easy dump off because he doesn't go through progressions or can't read the defense.

Not sure what you mean by "personal reasons" because I'm strictly talking about his play on the field. Eventually it'll catch up to us when we can't sustain drives and he can't hit the mid-range passes or receivers wide open deep.
Those deep passes to Gallup and Cooper aren’t dinking and dunking. To omit his deep throws is just plain old ignorant cherry picking. You say “we see guys open” but you or WE ain’t on the field seeing it as he sees it. WE have the luxury of instant replay and multiple camera angles. Plus WE don’t have 300 pound men charging at us with bad intentions. It’s easy to criticize a quarterback you don’t like from the confines of your living room or man cave. But in reality Dak’s a winner and that’s all that matters

keysersoze

Reaction score
I do not think that is the case. Most people (in here) concerned about Dak are those that have seen this movie many times before (with this team and others who cannot win the big games).
The windows of opportunity in the NFL are small, so when all the stars start to align in Dec with all the variables such as your teams health, defense, RB, receivers despite our HC/OC, not to mention the most important position on the field, you basically have a magnifying glass on the QB position at all times.
If Dak wins a SB or even a NFC Championship, I think you see 95% of the naysayers in here gladly eating crow. Just my opinion.
That’s not true. We are all adults. Let’s be realistic

MikeT22

Reaction score
Those deep passes to Gallup and Cooper aren’t dinking and dunking. To omit his deep throws is just plain old ignorant cherry picking. You say “we see guys open” but you or WE ain’t on the field seeing it as he sees it. WE have the luxury of instant replay and multiple camera angles. Plus WE don’t have 300 pound men charging at us with bad intentions. It’s easy to criticize a quarterback you don’t like from the confines of your living room or man cave. But in reality Dak’s a winner and that’s all that matters

And how many did he complete? He connected with Coop in the 4th and missed on the others. And it's not cherry pick to see that he routinely dinks and dunks and then misses on most of the deep and intermediate throws or ignores them altogether.

Dak had a good rookie year playing better than expected while we relied on Zeke and Dak being safe and taking the short underneath routes. Problem is, he hasn't improved.

To win with him and advance in the playoffs we're going to need a great defense, a strong run game and limit the turnovers and penalties. We dominated the game yesterday but still went to OT because of the turnovers and penalties and not taking advantage of our opportunities the first three quarters. I think Dak is OK, but just like Garrett he has a low ceiling and everything else has to be perfect for us to actually contend.

keysersoze

Reaction score
And how many did he complete? He connected with Coop in the 4th and missed on the others. And it's not cherry pick to see that he routinely dinks and dunks and then misses on most of the deep and intermediate throws or ignores them altogether.

Dak had a good rookie year playing better than expected while we relied on Zeke and Dak being safe and taking the short underneath routes. Problem is, he hasn't improved.

To win with him and advance in the playoffs we're going to need a great defense, a strong run game and limit the turnovers and penalties. We dominated the game yesterday but still went to OT because of the turnovers and penalties and not taking advantage of our opportunities the first three quarters. I think Dak is OK, but just like Garrett he has a low ceiling and everything else has to be perfect for us to actually contend.
This is plain ignorance. All quarterbacks dink and dunk. There’s none who throw 50 yard bombs all day long. YAC are a major part of a quarterback’ statistics. I agree on the issue of fumbling. And you can hate him all you want, but that young man wins games. By any means necessary. And at the end of the day that’s all that really matters. You must be one of those Madden game players who’s also a millennial fantasy footballer. Stats are cool. But wins are EVERYTHING!! And face it!! Dak wins

MikeT22

Reaction score
This is plain ignorance. All quarterbacks dink and dunk. There’s none who throw 50 yard bombs all day long. YAC are a major part of a quarterback’ statistics. I agree on the issue of fumbling. And you can hate him all you want, but that young man wins games. By any means necessary. And at the end of the day that’s all that really matters. You must be one of those Madden game players who’s also a millennial fantasy footballer. Stats are cool. But wins are EVERYTHING!! And face it!! Dak wins

Nice strawman, no one said he should throw bombs all day long.

And no, most elite QB's don't dink and dunk the majority of the game.