Time to shut up and be positive - there's a lot to like here

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

Our DL is 2007 emerging ...

I like our TE's ....and I like this kid Schultz ...

I like Gallup and Cole's reemergence ....

I like Dak's fight ...he's tougher than a $2 steak .... don't forget his GOT BLASTED v Wash on an illegal hit went into the booth for protocol and bounced back - he fumbled like Aik in the EZ and got us in tying FG range .... dude is a baller...

And I love the fact Cooper is a Cowboy ....love it ....

Most importantly I love our division - we can win it ..

I also love that Garrett's *** is now in the jackpot ...he got his WR and his firing in ...this is truly his last hurrah ...

Don't forget Tom Coughlin was a joke in NYC ..fire Coughlin rallies ... until he caught a break and found a formula ....

So either we march our way into Glory ....or Garrett shats the bed and is canned ....

Win Win ....

Shut up and enjoy .... put your Doug Cosbie ( i bet I'm the only owner of one ) jersey on Monday and think positive ...

No more negative waves Moriarity ....

The main problem is, was, and will be the Jones family. Primarily the old drunk and Jr. As long as they are there it is difficult to be optimistic. We are 22 years into mediocrity. Also, you lost me when you said you liked the TEs. That is the worst group in the league and most definitely will be upgraded early next draft.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
There may be things to be positive about on this team, but when you look at the two biggest things that breeds positivity in a fan base, it's wins and titles.

These are two things that have been missing for well over 20 years and so it is more than understandable that positivity is lacking in this fan base.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

I like Dak's fight ...he's tougher than a $2 steak .... don't forget his GOT BLASTED v Wash on an illegal hit went into the booth for protocol and bounced back - he fumbled like Aik in the EZ and got us in tying FG range .... dude is a baller...

I also love that Garrett's *** is now in the jackpot ...he got his WR and his firing in ...this is truly his last hurrah ...

Don't forget Tom Coughlin was a joke in NYC ..fire Coughlin rallies ... until he caught a break and found a formula ....

So either we march our way into Glory ....or Garrett shats the bed and is canned ....

Win Win ....

Shut up and enjoy .... put your Doug Cosbie ( i bet I'm the only owner of one ) jersey on Monday and think positive ...

Nice Post
get rid of the haters

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I will shut up and be quiet when Garrett is Fired!!! Actually, I will literally jump for joy!!! Hate to say it but there is very little hope of playoff success until Garrett and Linehan are canned!!

While I agree with the bold statement, I'll hold off jumping for joy until after I see who Dumb & Dumber choose to replace him.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
By "haters" do you mean long time fans who hate seeing the Cowboys be mediocre? We're 3-4, which is consistent with what we've witnessed over the course of 22+ years.

Whether I'm positive or negative is driven by results. If that makes me a "hater", so be it.
No, wasn't referring to you
I'm talking about the Fans who are constantly negative no matter how our QB does

Mr_437

Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

Win Win ....

Low standards, huh? Ppl who think like you is the reason this team has been trash for over 20 years...cheers to you.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

Win Win ....

See me Clapping here!

lopey

Reaction score
We have to go 7-2 IMO to win the division or at best 6-3. I am trying to be positive but can't see a road to either of those win marks. This defense gives us a chance every game, but the offense is to limited to win that many games, I just don't see it. Hope I am wrong.....

ESisback

Reaction score
By "haters" do you mean long time fans who hate seeing the Cowboys be mediocre? We're 3-4, which is consistent with what we've witnessed over the course of 22+ years.

Whether I'm positive or negative is driven by results. If that makes me a "hater", so be it.

“Haters” SHOULD BE reserved for those who consistently parrot the red hair or clapping BS over and over and over, for those who “guarantee” we’re doomed, and for those who say we’re the worst, most incompetent organization, the laughingstock of the NFL. Yeah, we have plenty of problems and lots of detractors, but to see nothing but doom and gloom is not normal or mentally healthy.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Here's my optimism...

#3 in total defense
#3 in pass defense
#9 in run defense, but...
#2 in yards given up per rush, and...
#2 in points allowed per game

JSmith, LVE and BJones are young, extremely bright spots on defense and DLaw will be resigned.

On offense my optimism mostly comes from hope that Garrett is gone after this season and we're going to get to see Dak, Zeke, Bease, Gallup, Cooper and our excellent OL personnel coached by an innovative and FEARLESS head man. Honestly, t've only seen Cooper play when Oakland has played Dallas but he's had a couple Pro Bowl years and the Raiders are a shitshow from top to bottom right now, so I'll wait and see how that turns out. I think Gallup has huge upside and he and Cooper could be a double-headed monster in Dallas for years to come. I hate giving up first-round picks, I think maybe mostly because it makes day one of the draft a lot less exciting, but the truth is that half of first-round picks never live up to their draft position anyway and Cooper already has. I can't help but believe that Alexander was the problem with the OL and with the addition of Cooper and despite Jason Garrett the Dallas offense has no choice but to get better. We score a few more points every week we're gonna win a lot of games. I can't root for the Cowboys to lose, for any reason. I just can't. But I really hope Garrett is out of Dallas after this year.

Reaction score
“Haters” SHOULD BE reserved for those who consistently parrot the red hair or clapping BS over and over and over, for those who “guarantee” we’re doomed, and for those who say we’re the worst, most incompetent organization, the laughingstock of the NFL. Yeah, we have plenty of problems and lots of detractors, but to see nothing but doom and gloom is not normal or mentally healthy.
The doom and gloom will go away when we see real results.

We are 3-4 and at the bottom end of the NFC. Just above the Cardinals, 49ers, Bucs and Giants.

I like the defense but Garrett and Linehan have to be gone before the team has real success. Dak needs serious coaching from serious offensive minds and he's not getting it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

Win Win ....

Then shut up.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I don't think anyone really needs to make a post like this, most ALL of us myself included love this team, we are crazy when they win and kickin the dog when they lose. The forums is just where we come after either a win or loss to air out which ever emotion is at the top. ALOT of us bash the hell out of players, coaches and ownership, ALOT of it rings true to the bone, doesn't make us less fans, just fans who have learned were sick and damn tired of waiting on the Dallas Cowboys to make some damn noise and be a force and THAT team the 31 other teams feared to face.... but yea we can be positive and hope like hell clapper falls on his face and Jerrah finally gets enough blow back to fire his wimpy ***.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The main problem is, was, and will be the Jones family. Primarily the old drunk and Jr. As long as they are there it is difficult to be optimistic. We are 22 years into mediocrity. Also, you lost me when you said you liked the TEs. That is the worst group in the league and most definitely will be upgraded early next draft.
While I agree with you on the TE position I totally disagree with you on the Jones family. You obviously haven't been paying attention because that whole dynamic has changed over the last several years. Will McClay is making the vast majority of talent decisions and the Jones are deferring him. Be objective and try not to hate. I know hating is popular on this board and others tend to follow suit but take a step back and contemplate what the organization has been doing in the last few years. We are a playoff caliber defense. They have taken the big risk in trading a #1 for a much needed WR. The fired their OLC coach. The organization is doing what is necessary.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Our LB"s are awesome ...

Win Win ....

I think that this similar type of post happens every season. I agree there some things to be positive about, however the negatives are currently holding the most weight.