Time to sit Witten

fansince68

Reaction score
I didn't say he is good now.

I said it was reasonable to expect him to be good in 2017 because he was good in 2 starts in 2016.

If you came here from the cesspool message board, then I don't expect you to understand the concept of studying game footage. Obviously any clown could see that Green and Bell were bad in the Atlanta game; however, most fans never even realized that Tyron missed multiple games in 2016 because Green filled in without incident.
If we had a lead in that game we would have run the ball a lot more...Green would then "appear" to play better. The LT must protect the blindside of the QB. He was drafted to do that. Face it Green is a failed draft pick and terrible often injured waste of space. Cesspool withstanding.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Bench the surest hands on the team.....brilliant idea

Here's a thought......why don't we just sign or draft someone that can do it the old fashion way and beat him out of his position.......is it really his fault that the FO has failed at that? The hate targeted at Witten really is misplaced.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I was waiting for the announcement that Witt was the new player/TE coach. Guess not! Yes it's time to draft a TE who can get downfield and actually attract a defender. 6-8 yards doesn't put the fear of Witt in anyone. Great player, great career, super human being but 37 and past his football prime. Has been for a couple of years.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Bench the surest hands on the team.....brilliant idea

Here's a thought......why don't we just sign or draft someone that can do it the old fashion way and beat him out of his position.......is it really his fault that the FO has failed at that? The hate targeted at Witten really is misplaced.

Not a lot of hate Ron. Mostly admiration for what he has given and done BUT he is 37 and skills do erode. It's more reality than hate

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Not a lot of hate Ron. Mostly admiration for what he has given and done BUT he is 37 and skills do erode. It's more reality than hate
Oh, no doubt, it's no secret the end is coming, my only point of contention is let's get someome in here that can actually beat him out for his position before we bench or cut him with no idea who will replace him.......this organization has been doing things completely backwards for so long they litterally don't know the right way anymore.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
One player was a much larger impact on the game and I think most fans would tell you that. Better get your popcorn ready.

And this larger impact is wearing out6 his welcome on EVERY team he played on. Take your 2 or 3 other owens lovers and huddle together and rejoice in owenism and be happy.

JBond

Reaction score
You can puff your chest all you want, but you don't understand basic economics.

I've already mentioned I would have played Swaim and Hanna last year.

The reduction in production versus the gains in the salary cap that could have helped the defense are minor.
Not puffing my chest in the least. Thankful for amazing employees and their families. You came back with statment a first year would ask in econ 101.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was waiting for the announcement that Witt was the new player/TE coach. Guess not! Yes it's time to draft a TE who can get downfield and actually attract a defender. 6-8 yards doesn't put the fear of Witt in anyone. Great player, great career, super human being but 37 and past his football prime. Has been for a couple of years.
Or get some WR's who can get downfield!!!!!!!!

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Not puffing my chest in the least. Thankful for amazing employees and their families. You came back with statment a first year would ask in econ 101.

Was it a statement or was it a question? Sounds like you're not sure.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Hannah should get more of his passing targets to see what exactly he's capable of....I remember this past season him catching a few nice balls and looking great doing it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not wrong, patently right. Often, an entire season is not even enough. Peerless Price, Derek Anderson, David Garrard, Dee Milner......the NFL is full of guys who were good/great for a short time but turned out to be not that good.

Since I respect your knowledge, I'm actually quite shocked that you think 2 games is enough to judge. Why an extremely high number to the contrary, where does this belief come from?
It's enough to expect him to be a reasonable backup the following year. Many NFL backups don't even get 2 starts.