CFZ Time to smell this coffee

Mikexike

Reaction score
Does mcclay get any blame for this poor Defensive roster that can't stop a run game?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Welcome to the party pal. Some of us have been saying this the entire offseason and called haters and told to get off the site
I’ve been at this party for a while…

I said this on July 24th this year regarding grading this off-season:
I give it an F.

When you have a decent core of veterans at several positions and your FO says we are “at the rim” and then make almost zero effort to make the team better in FA, leave the draft without a RB. Not good. And after a humiliating first round home playoff loss, refuse to make decisions about 3 key players while leaving the HC and his staff on one year cliff hanger contracts…it’s a disaster a la 2010.”
Thread link: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/poll-grade-the-cowboys-off-season.525628/

Also in these threads…

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/wil...on-last-yr-of-a-contract-be-different.525054/
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/all...t-the-cap-than-winning-a-championship.524672/
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/the...m-ready-to-compete-for-a-championship.525619/
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/it-was-all-visible-a-mile-away.527405/

Just to name a few…

Chasing6

Reaction score
Does mcclay get any blame for this poor Defensive roster that can't stop a run game?
Not sure how any coach gets the blame for not stopping the run when you have no DT's.

McClay could be part of the problem or is it who actually makes the one who makes the picks.

At the end of the day the "Owner" is responsible and he will not take responsibility, so he will have to blame someone.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Not sure how any coach gets the blame for not stopping the run when you have no DT's.

McClay could be part of the problem or is it who actually makes the one who makes the picks.

At the end of the day the "Owner" is responsible and he will not take responsibility, so he will have to blame someone.
We need to hear from mcclay why is DT ignored so much when its the same position problem every year..

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree but we are not that smart. An opportunistic CB that benefited from a great pass rush that is afraid to tackle is not what we need with our current run defense.
Yep. Between the picks and saved salary the defense could be rebuilt properly from the inside out but they won’t even as much as consider it. They aren’t capable of thinking that way.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We need to hear from mcclay why is DT ignored so much when its the same position problem every year..
It is obvious we don't value the position, we can't evaluate the position, and will not pay for the position.

The decision makers have not changed, so why would we expect their thought process to change.

Mikexike

Reaction score
It is obvious we don't value the position, we can't evaluate the position, and will not pay for the position.

The decision makers have not changed, so why would we expect their thought process to change.
Yup, Thats our problem.

You pay for all the flashy positions and ignore the trench that wins the game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not a hit piece, just stating the facts. His statements dealt with the on-the-field results, not the business side.
...and omitting facts as well. When you go out of your way to point out the thorns and never the rose, you are definitely speaking with an agenda to throw shade. That's just the OP's writing style, never telling the whole story. The Joneses are good people.

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
  • The Cowboys are 3-5 in their last 8 games going back to last December.
  • The Cowboys are 0-3 in their last 3 home games.
  • Those last 3 home gameshave given us these brutal stats:
    • Averaging giving up 40 points a game…at home!
    • Averaging giving up 202 yds per game on the ground.
    • Opponents have scored 17 TDs against our Defense in this 0-3 stretch.
    • Opponents have scored on 22 of 27 possessions in those last 3 games at home.
  • Our last home win was on Christmas Eve last December.
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

Here’s the final brutal truths:
  • There will not be any cavalry riding to rescue this team.
  • Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Picking up a DT or two from the NFL trash heap won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
  • Firing Mike McCarthy (though deserved) won’t help.
  • This culture is putrid. And it reflects the owner and his entitled children.
This is not a very good roster. Buckle your seats kids. This could get ugly.
Can you smell what the Jerry's got cooking?

GMO415

Reaction score
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
  • The Cowboys are 3-5 in their last 8 games going back to last December.
  • The Cowboys are 0-3 in their last 3 home games.
  • Those last 3 home gameshave given us these brutal stats:
    • Averaging giving up 40 points a game…at home!
    • Averaging giving up 202 yds per game on the ground.
    • Opponents have scored 17 TDs against our Defense in this 0-3 stretch.
    • Opponents have scored on 22 of 27 possessions in those last 3 games at home.
  • Our last home win was on Christmas Eve last December.
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

Here’s the final brutal truths:
  • There will not be any cavalry riding to rescue this team.
  • Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Picking up a DT or two from the NFL trash heap won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
  • Firing Mike McCarthy (though deserved) won’t help.
  • This culture is putrid. And it reflects the owner and his entitled children.
This is not a very good roster. Buckle your seats kids. This could get ugly.
BULLET!
I have been saying since I saw them in TC, that team reminds me of the mid 80s Cowboys. They will be average at best for the next 4-5 years.

kskboys

Reaction score
It really doesn’t and years from now they will look back upon this signing as one of the worst in Cowboys history.

I’m not saying Dak shouldn’t have gotten a contract (I didn’t want to sign him at all) but for what he brings to the table absolutely DID NOT deserve to break the records. It’s honestly mind blowing.
I could even understand some 10 year deal at a much lesser rate. But 4 at 60? I mean, that's too stupid to even call stupid.

kskboys

Reaction score
An extremely prejudicial perspective against the Joneses. No attempt whatsoever was made to be fair to them. Until you do that, I won't give your point of view any credit. It's just a hit piece.
An extremely agenda driven drivel post. Until you make sense, I won't give your point of view any credit.

Shane612

Reaction score
Even if Jerry did blow up the whole thing, it wouldn’t matter if he was still in charge. He is Problem #1. It starts there….it ends there…
The Jones already have said they don’t care what you think.
So….