CFZ Time to smell this coffee

Ozymandias

Reaction score
New coach, some new players, but same ol results (been like that for 10+ years)

What is the common denominator? GM and President. But, as he says and thinks, “Everything is fine here! We love our guys” smh

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
  • The Cowboys are 3-5 in their last 8 games going back to last December.
  • The Cowboys are 0-3 in their last 3 home games.
  • Those last 3 home gameshave given us these brutal stats:
    • Averaging giving up 40 points a game…at home!
    • Averaging giving up 202 yds per game on the ground.
    • Opponents have scored 17 TDs against our Defense in this 0-3 stretch.
    • Opponents have scored on 22 of 27 possessions in those last 3 games at home.
  • Our last home win was on Christmas Eve last December.
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

Here’s the final brutal truths:
  • There will not be any cavalry riding to rescue this team.
  • Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Picking up a DT or two from the NFL trash heap won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
  • Firing Mike McCarthy (though deserved) won’t help.
  • This culture is putrid. And it reflects the owner and his entitled children.
This is not a very good roster. Buckle your seats kids. This could get ugly.
This must be that coffee that comes from cat poop.

John813

Reaction score
I don't get any joy out of saying this, but this team won't truly be good till Jerry dies.
But it's going to SJ, who has shown he has no ability to build a roster either, and has the same arrogance.

Can only hope the siblings get in some massive battle over control and have to sell.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Only thing I'm smelling is an outhouse with an old man named Jerry Jones coming out in a wet depends diaper posing as a GM....

Mikexike

Reaction score
Coffee taste great this morning....

The State of the cowboys, Not so much...

Its bad when DLaw says they are playing at a little league level...

Chasing6

Reaction score
They announced a stat during the 4th qtr that the Ravens were averaging 5yds/rush before contact.

This is a very bad team and a reflection on Jerry and the biggest problem is the person tasked with rebuilding this team is the same person that got us here in the first place.
Just wait and see if/what a healthy McCaffrey can do. We might break some records.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Here are some brutally honest statistics about the Cowboys I wish this Jones front office would be forced to consume this evening:
Those stats are not an accident or a “couple of bad weeks against good opponents”. Those stats above are now what you call a trend or some really, really bad habits. The biggest problem we have (after the owner/GM) is this is not a very good roster. And although it’s only 3 games and normally too early to write a team off, this one might be the exception.

• Scheme won’t fix it.
  • Trading for a RB (probably less talented than the 5 good ones we passed up in the draft in rounds 4-7) won’t fix it.
And there won't be a damn thing that changes as long as the Jones family has their hands on this franchise. We have nothing to look forward to as a fan base. I turned off the Saints game in the early third quarter. I had the game on in the background yesterday and hardly paid attention. This is the first time since I have been a fan starting in 1985 that I just don't care. I don't get excited to turn on a game and it will not be appointment TV for me this year. Jerry Jones has worn me down to a casual fan this year. I can't take anymore of his gaslighting sound bites he gives after every game. The guy is a senile old man who is a joke at running a football team and no one around will tell him that. Not the media and certainly not all the yes men he surrounds himself with.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Look this loss still hurts, too much to post and not get angry and get benched at people are giving up and saying there is nothing that we can do to turn the season around!!

and I say I watched this team start out 3-5 in 2018 and I realize they went out and got amari Cooper…

but I like the way they fought at the end of the game, and by the way please don't call that garbage time, they literally were one or two tackles away like asking the defense to make a stop you know around the under 3 minute mark to getting our wonderful kicker who can probably kick a 70 yard field goal in range to tie the game when you're that close this is not garbage time!!

So, anybody who says that was garbage time and the Ravens let up wasn't watching the game, they were not allowing us to score, they did not pull out their starters they did not call off the dogs so I'm going to say from what I saw at the end of that game and all the angry sideline rants and emotion coming out from our players theres hope to get this turned around!!

The fact is in 2018 we started three and five and turned the damn season around and ended up in the second round of the playoffs, I'm not giving up I'm not that kind of fan, yes the defense has caused us to have to rethink and redo everything because it's historically bad ,you can't continue to start games to where you give up 20,19, and 16 points to start the last three games, that's halftime point deficits!!!!

That puts too much pressure on the rest of the team and it's not fair they need to get that **** fixed but I saw a lot of fight at the end of that game and I know everyone's going to come in here and say it was garbage time, and I'm telling you I'm not playing that game,

I watched the game they fought back and they had it within three that is not garbage time the Ravens almost gave up and blew this game and choked that is not garbage time.

they found some emotion they found some fight and they fell short and yes I know it looked like the game was out of reach but in the NFL no game is out of reach...

So, again anybody who doesn't want to read this, I am not going to listen to this was garbage time and the game wasn't as close as the final score that is not true they found a way to get back in it if it wasn't for Trayvon Diggs or even our best player in Parsons biting once again and allowing that first down that pretty much ended the game they make one stop and I promise you they would have got into range to at least try to tie the football game so it wasn't not garbage time...

This is why it's too early to be given up on the team and I get it we're all angry we're all upset, we're still in shock from the loss or a lot of you're going to say you knew it was coming.. so it didn't matter.. I get it, I understand and I and I'm on board it doesn't look good but we started out the season 3 and five in 2018 that's much worse than right now.

I think the fight they showed at the end I think they they're angry there's emotions there's passion running through this team I think they're seeing reality and all the talk is going to turn into actively trying to make themselves better each individual player and the coaching staff have now had to force themselves so look in the mirror and they're going to try to get this righted and they have plenty of season left to do so..

No I'm not a Homer, no I'm not a positive person, at all I'm not having this bright outlook, no silver lining, with all this positivity this is just my gut I'm telling you they're gonna fight their way back into this thing and they're going to make a season of it regardless of what happens at the end I don't care this isn't over.

I'm not debating it because I'm too angry ,that I don't want to hear about all the boneheaded nonsense that everyone's going to say how they knew this was going to happen it was the offseason there's no help coming everything Bob said most of it was true except for the fact that he thinks we can't fix this and I'm saying that I think that we can and until we're mathematically eliminated we have no chance at a wild card I'm going to continue to hope my team does well and know we're not going to finish in a top five draft pick situation I don't see that happening...

Again I'm not getting into it this is just my statement this is my post-game statement because I was too upset to do it last night I feel like we're going to get this thing righted enough to at least find our way into something at the end of the year.....
At no point yesterday did I think they were going to win…..maybe very slight chance before the completion on Diggs…..but I did think to myself that at least they didn’t quit. We have seen that happen recently.

They truly did not quit which shows me that they aren’t fully apathetic. I don’t know enough to know if it’s scheme or talent (probably a bit of both), but I’m also not so sure if it’s fixable as the positions that most were concerned with over the off-season appear to be the teams’ weakness as the games begin. You speak a lot about how the front office knows so much more than fans. Do they? Then why not address DT or RB with something more acceptable?

I know you typically defend the team but are they not able to understand that leaving gaping holes in the starting lineup, especially the ones that allows the opponent to control the game, is a real problem, and they need to find a better means to fix it than the draft….as even if that works, you end up with other needs by the time it’s fixed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't get any joy out of saying this, but this team won't truly be good till Jerry dies.
But it's going to SJ, who has shown he has no ability to build a roster either, and has the same arrogance.

Can only hope the siblings get in some massive battle over control and have to sell.
Well I don’t think Stevie will bother to take as much criticism as daddy does, nor intimidate the media as much, so he may relent and hire a GM in title once that drought gets closer to 40 years, but any major FA signing would still need to be approved by the boss, and we have an idea how that will go. It won’t.

So either this team has several legendary drafts in succession, or they will continue to fall short. Their “secret sauce” doesn’t work.

You can’t go FOURTEEN years in this league without signing a major FA and expect to win.

They are routinely left short on the field by worrying about the cap 3-4 years down the road. Great.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well I don’t think Stevie will bother to take as much criticism as daddy does, nor intimidate the media as much, so he may relent and hire a GM in title once that drought gets closer to 40 years, but any major FA signing would still need to be approved by the boss, and we have an idea how that will go. It won’t.

So either this team has several legendary drafts in succession, or they will continue to fall short. Their “secret sauce” doesn’t work.

You can’t go FOURTEEN years in this league without signing a major FA and expect to win.

They are routinely left short on the field by worrying about the cap 3-4 years down the road. Great.
Regardless how well we do in the draft a lopsided team does not perform well in the playoffs.

If 10 players take 2/3's of your salary cap the rest of your team sucks. You will be dependent on rookies, undrafted players, and players that nobody else wants that don't want to retire.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Regardless how well we do in the draft a lopsided team does not perform well in the playoffs.

If 10 players take 2/3's of your salary cap the rest of your team sucks. You will be dependent on rookies, undrafted players, and players that nobody else wants that don't want to retire.
Agree. I’ve been saying for a while that their plan couldn’t possibly work. It’s impossible to draft enough good players in such a short period of time, and even if you did, you couldn’t keep them all.

Hence, windows under which to win, with anticipated down years when the bill comes due, but they don’t want that. They want to be able to sell their BS every year.

Havic

Reaction score
After the most embarrassing and shameful performance in Cowboys playoff history last January our owner says, “Hey let’s run it back with mostly the same guys…we like our guys.”
And to amplify it, we got people on these boards defending these decisions and calling you a hater when you call out the obvious.

DillusionalFans

Reaction score
An extremely prejudicial perspective against the Joneses. No attempt whatsoever was made to be fair to them. Until you do that, I won't give your point of view any credit. It's just a hit piece.
Not a hit piece, just stating the facts. His statements dealt with the on-the-field results, not the business side.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Agree. I’ve been saying for a while that their plan couldn’t possibly work. It’s impossible to draft enough good players in such a short period of time, and even if you did, you couldn’t keep them all.

Hence, windows under which to win, with anticipated down years when the bill comes due, but they don’t want that. They want to be able to sell their BS every year.
They also are not smart enough to trade players they know they can't resign. They let them walk for late comp picks.

Staubacher

Reaction score

• Scheme won’t fix it.
Welcome to the party pal. Some of us have been saying this the entire offseason and called haters and told to get off the site

fivetwos

Reaction score
They also are not smart enough to trade players they know they can't resign. They let them walk for late comp picks.
If Bland returns fine and Carson continues to develop, they ought to look to move Diggs. I don’t dislike him but he could fetch a decent return.

Parsons? If someone is willing to part with two first and a RB, I’d do it.

But there’s NO chance they even consider either as the #11 and #7 jerseys hang proudly in the gift shop.

They just collect players.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Bland returns fine and Carson continues to develop, they ought to look to move Diggs. I don’t dislike him but he could fetch a decent return.

Parsons? If someone is willing to part with two first and a RB, I’d do it.

But there’s NO chance they even consider either as the #11 and #7 jerseys hang proudly in the gift shop.

They just collect players.
I agree but we are not that smart. An opportunistic CB that benefited from a great pass rush that is afraid to tackle is not what we need with our current run defense.