Time to talk football: NY Midgets at Dallas Cowboys

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, done with all the other stuff. I didn't even respond, and really did not want to read through 25, 256 posts or whatever it is unto now in the Zeke signed thread, and all the offspring threads from that.

So now with Zeke getting his physical this morning, then will be at his 1st practice today.
What do you expect from his as well as the team and other players in game 1?

When Zeke returned from his 6 game suspension, he ran 24 - 97 and 27 for 103. So he can carry the workload. however he had been in TC and played in 8 games up to those last 2 games. As this time, he has not played since January other than OTA's and mini camp.
But I think he will be fine. However I feel Pollard deserves some playing time as he is prepared also. And work Zeke back in to get him used to the game speed. Then use him in the 4th quarter more if needed.

Any way, contain Barkely on run and pass is the key for the D as well as pound Eli into the turf.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Expect a close, tough divisional game, like they almost always are. But our team is loaded and we should win. Can’t wait until Sunday!

The Giants haven’t played us close in Dallas in 3 years and haven’t scored a meaningful touchdown in Jerryworld in the last 9 quarters. We beat them comfortably in 2017 and 2018 at our place.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Going back to 2013, Cowboys are 9-3 against the Giants. There has been some close games over the last 6 years and other than 2016, they have not won in Dallas. Giants players and their fans used to talk so much crap and now it is just silence.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, done with all the other stuff. I didn't even respond, and really did not want to read through 25, 256 posts or whatever it is unto now in the Zeke signed thread, and all the offspring threads from that.

So now with Zeke getting his physical this morning, then will be at his 1st practice today.
What do you expect from his as well as the team and other players in game 1?

When Zeke returned from his 6 game suspension, he ran 24 - 97 and 27 for 103. So he can carry the workload. however he had been in TC and played in 8 games up to those last 2 games. As this time, he has not played since January other than OTA's and mini camp.
But I think he will be fine. However I feel Pollard deserves some playing time as he is prepared also. And work ZekeI back in to get him used to the game speed. Then use him in the 4th quarter more if needed.

Any way, contain Barkely on run and pass is the key for the D as well as pound Eli into the turf.
I think they do a blend of Zeke and Pollard and some of Morris. The 'new' passing game gets some juice and more of the play calling balance. Saving Zeke till the fourth quarter is a good call. The D will be the key to winning this one.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going back to 2013, Cowboys are 9-3 against the Giants. There has been some close games over the last 6 years and other than 2016, they have not won in Dallas. Giants players and their fans used to talk so much crap and now it is just silence.

So they are silent in their own crap? :lmao2:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sweet sound of our enemy!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expect a hard fought game. Big key I think is winning early downs on defense. Dallas can't let Barkley keep NY in favorable down and distance.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they do a blend of Zeke and Pollard and some of Morris. The 'new' passing game gets some juice and more of the play calling balance. Saving Zeke till the fourth quarter is a good call. The D will be the key to winning this one.

A fresh Zeke in the 4th could be key.

If ahead, take time off the clock, pound the ball, wear down the NY D if they are not already worn down.
If behind or a close game, then Zeke is the best pass protection RB for Dak, to lead them downfield while still running with fresh legs.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If ahead, take time off the clock, pound the ball, wear down the NY D if they are not already worn down.
If behind or a close game, then Zeke is the best pass protection RB for Dak, to lead them downfield while still running with fresh legs.
:clap:Good call. Garrett, you listening?

Doomsday101

Reaction score

We certainly will see the conditioning of Zeke. No camp makes me think Dallas may lean on Pollard a bit more in this game. Be interesting to see how this plays out over the course of the game

Big D

Reaction score
I think the cowboys defense comes out of the gates firing on all cylinders, frustrating Eli and setting the table for the Giants to hand the reins over to Jones earlier than they were expecting which then could backfire.
We could have the Giants season over with by halftime! I love it! :laugh:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the cowboys defense comes out of the gates firing on all cylinders, frustrating Eli and setting the table for the Giants to hand the reins over to Jones earlier than they were expecting which then could backfire.
We could have the Giants season over with by halftime! I love it! :laugh:

I hope so but how Dallas contains Barkley is how they will be able to frustrate Eli. NY offense will go as Barkley goes.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If the offensive coaching staff doesn't mess it up, the game will be over before the 4th quarter.

The Giants might be the worst team in football. They have....1 good player.