Time to talk football: NY Midgets at Dallas Cowboys

Big D

Reaction score
I hope so but how Dallas contains Barkley is how they will be able to frustrate Eli. NY offense will go as Barkley goes.
I agree and he reason I think that will happen is because I don't believe the Giants have developed the offensive line that can get to the second level and stop our linebacking corps like the Rams did.

Gonna be a long day for the Giants.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Barkley in space will be Dallas' biggest concern. The Giants will do a great job moving him around looking for mismatches.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ok, done with all the other stuff. I didn't even respond, and really did not want to read through 25, 256 posts or whatever it is unto now in the Zeke signed thread, and all the offspring threads from that.

So now with Zeke getting his physical this morning, then will be at his 1st practice today.
What do you expect from his as well as the team and other players in game 1?

When Zeke returned from his 6 game suspension, he ran 24 - 97 and 27 for 103. So he can carry the workload. however he had been in TC and played in 8 games up to those last 2 games. As this time, he has not played since January other than OTA's and mini camp.
But I think he will be fine. However I feel Pollard deserves some playing time as he is prepared also. And work Zeke back in to get him used to the game speed. Then use him in the 4th quarter more if needed.

Any way, contain Barkely on run and pass is the key for the D as well as pound Eli into the turf.
this defense has something to prove JS and Tank got PAID and given their last game was the worst by far , they better find way to contain SB and not have this game all uglied up by the Nats playing keep away and its 4point game with 2mins left.. I want an early blowout and a pitch count for zeke, Tank, Amari, BJ and others..first game always the toughest for conditioning etc..be nice to cruise through this one..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree and he reason I think that will happen is because I don't believe the Giants have developed the offensive line that can get to the second level and stop our linebacking corps like the Rams did.

Gonna be a long day for the Giants.

I hope that is the case. I will just say I never take any game for granted. I expect NY to come in and play hard, Cowboys have to do more than just show up. Hell I would love nothing more than to be up big late in the game but never go into any game thinking it will be that way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jane Slater reporting Zeke to get 20 to 25 touches. As he is eased back in. That does not sound like an ease back in plan to me.
im thinking under 17 carries 5-6 catches..thats 20-25 and light day for him lol hype pollard really steps up and allows this..id like to see super fresh Zeke late in the year and playoffs.. no need to over do it and get 380 carries again.. the fan here who expect him to be rushing leader again and be even better arent looking at the big picture.. I say use Zeke as much as you need him rest him more, only way that works is if POLLARD isnt preseason Hype..

Batman1980

Reaction score
Statement game, 35-10 as the starters sit and drink Gatorade during the 4th quarter.

Slater said 20-25 snaps I believe, he will probably get more if he can handle it.

quickccc

Reaction score
Expect a close, tough divisional game, like they almost always are. But our team is loaded and we should win. Can’t wait until Sunday!

I hate to admit it, but because it's a season opener, and an NFC East divisional foe, and we could be breaking in and working the early kinks outta the new revamped Kellen Moore offense,
it could be a surprisingly rough and much closer than expected game win outing

Plus since many are not expecting the Giants to be as imposing threat on offense without Golden Tate or a injury hampered Sheppard, with only Barkely as a real threat, could
we be caught sleepwalking and come out flat in motivation and thus play down to the level of the Giants ?
Seems like his Cowboys/Giants has always been a close one to open the season

zack

Reaction score
I don't even know who is on their defense anymore?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
On defense, NY's secondary is a big weakness.

On offense, their OL has improved, but they have no WRs. Expect a lot of Barkley and quick slants & screens (which our defense has looked really good stopping in PS/camp).

Also, ELI will be starting, so there is that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ok, done with all the other stuff. I didn't even respond, and really did not want to read through 25, 256 posts or whatever it is unto now in the Zeke signed thread, and all the offspring threads from that.

So now with Zeke getting his physical this morning, then will be at his 1st practice today.
What do you expect from his as well as the team and other players in game 1?

When Zeke returned from his 6 game suspension, he ran 24 - 97 and 27 for 103. So he can carry the workload. however he had been in TC and played in 8 games up to those last 2 games. As this time, he has not played since January other than OTA's and mini camp.
But I think he will be fine. However I feel Pollard deserves some playing time as he is prepared also. And work Zeke back in to get him used to the game speed. Then use him in the 4th quarter more if needed.

Any way, contain Barkely on run and pass is the key for the D as well as pound Eli into the turf.
If Eli last’s more than a half I’ll be surprised. The Hot Boy’z are going to be all over him.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I don't get all the love the G-String Men offensive line is getting ; did NY figure out how to clone the Great Wall of Dallas or something ?

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Jane Slater reporting Zeke to get 20 to 25 touches. As he is eased back in. That does not sound like an ease back in plan to me.

I think she meant he’d be on the field for 20-25 plays, so not necessarily he’d touch the ball that many times...
I’d expect he gets more touches than Emmitt did when he came back from missing those couple of games, but I’d think 12-15 rushes and no more.

Big D

Reaction score
I don't get all the love the G-String Men offensive line is getting ; did NY figure out how to clone the Great Wall of Dallas or something ?
And in just one off-season at that. Not saying that it can't be done just color me skeptical.