Video: Time wasted on last punt was on MM

raven55

Reaction score
WHY even worry about it. nothing gonna change, bad clock management, bad qb play, running back who's here on name along, free agents on offense that can't play, seems like a carousel ride around and around we go and every body knows where it will stop another big loss. the only thing we can be assured of is that it stops before a super bowl run and next year there are 49 mil reasons why hope we lose enough games fat mike is gone and dak which i don't want back is gone in 2024 after that we'll see

bratch59

Reaction score
On the punt, if you watch it, the ref doesn't move out the way. You can't snap the ball until the ref is out of the way
Actually almost got into a huge argument with my buddy watching the game because he was screaming that they wouldn’t punt the ball when the ref is actually standing there the majority of that time that ran out

Mcsports

Reaction score
On the punt, if you watch it, the ref doesn't move out the way. You can't snap the ball until the ref is out of the way
Bingo.
Dallas subbed in the punt team, so the defense is allowed to sub as well (at their own pace).
It wasn't all on McCarthy.
I'm shocked that so many national sportscasters overlooked that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Then comes the last play. First, why was Zeke at Center? What was the point of that? I have seen some analysis of the play and it has been suggested that Turpin would catch the ball and lateral it back to Dak and the hook and ladder would ensue but with beefy blockers in front. my Guess is Turpin laterals back to Dak who runs to the left sideline then throw it across the field where there are more linemen to clear a path. I think the expectation is the 49ers defense would drop back so Turpin had time to catch the ball and then lateral. When they saw the 49ers not drop deep Dak should have just run with the ball as it it had been lateraled back to him then he could have thrown it across the field. I don't think it would have worked but what would at that point? At least it may have gotten something going instead of Turpin being taken right to the turf

But I still ask why was Zeke at C?
I think your right, that is why the guys at top of screen did nothing, they were waiting for dak to throw to one of them.
It was still a horrible stupid play.

M Irvin said he didnt even want to talk about that play as it was so stupid and embarrassing .
he said they should have just taken a knee lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This team is very weak at situational football.
This falls under the category of attention to detail.
This team has a very low football IQ.
This falls on coaching.
and good news ! jerry said mike would be here for another 26 years!! and kellen is still unknown, but unless he gets a Hc job I expect
he will be back too.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
On the punt, if you watch it, the ref doesn't move out the way. You can't the ball until the ref is out of the way
Bingo.
Dallas subbed in the punt team, so the defense is allowed to sub as well (at their own pace).
It wasn't all on McCarthy.
I'm shocked that so many national sportscasters overlooked that.
Cause it's the cool thing to do to bash McCarthy

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
and good news ! jerry said mike would be here for another 26 years!! and kellen is still unknown, but unless he gets a Hc job I expect
he will be back too.
Hope Moore gets a better gig elsewhere.
I think there may be a better offensive
Scheme for Dak that a new OC could implement.
That's my hope anyway