Timing the vet WR acquisition

Jarntt

Reaction score
Viable, of course, but many people have started paying more attention to potential studs already on the roster. Could we find someone to plug in that would benefit us more than what we already have on the roster? Until they bring someone else in, should we assume they like the potential of the guys we already have? Since we’re all just speculators here, is it possible, despite a 27 year Super Bowl drought, that they MIGHT have better judgement? Just sayin’, no malice. Hell, I argue with brother. Quite often!
Absolutely possible and I totally agree some of our guys "may" have the potential to step up and be players for both the first few games without Gallup and the long run. My point is that you don't take chances when you only play 17 games. You have to sure up weaknesses that are both current and potential and right now WR falls into both category. We need to hope Gallup is back to what he was pre-injury because if he is a step slower or not as quick in his breaks this year that is a problem that could derail our season if we don't have another option. Personally I don't think this will be the case and am a huge Gallup fan but it is possible. Second we have one TE who is a proven pass catcher so it's not like we can assume we can go to 2 TE sets for the first few weeks to offset a lack of WRs. Third out of that entire list of WRs behind lamb while Gallup is out, the only one who has ever caught an NFL pass (I think?) is Brown and he has been a #4/5 guy his whole career. I'm not saying I don't think any of them can step up, what I am saying is I'm not confident enough in it to bet the season on it when there are a few FAs out there who probably can be a #2 or at least #3 option. And if we sign a guy like Fuller or Hilton, or whomever (fill in your own guy) the team may like the best and be able to get for a reasonable price, that doesn't mean if one or two of the kids step up we still can't find a role for them. If one of the kids proves to be a player we aren't deep like a team like TB where they would be blocked from getting snaps