Tin Foil Hat

ghst187

Reaction score
This Seattle game was super weird IMO.
Just felt bizarre in many ways.

First Half the penalties on us….some were utterly ridiculous. It definitely kept the game close
Second half: penalties start going against them, some of which were pretty weak and fuel our comeback.
4th quarter Seattle’s 4th down play calls. Each time they only needed a few yards. To that point in the game, they largely moved the ball at will passing. They didn’t have their starting RB and hadn’t run the ball well much at all. Gino was putting passes in places even tight coverage couldn’t touch. Mercalf was unguardable. Then 4th and 1, game in the balance…they RUN with their second string rookie RB… on a poorly designed play!?? Right into DLAW.
Another fourth and short…they run a play with slow developing routes knowing Gino hasn’t had more than 2.5 seconds to throw all night.
Final fourth down, another absolutely perplexing play call. Also, Parsons lines up on the outside of the Right tackle just like he had many snaps before. Ball is snapped and the RT completely ignores Parsons who blows up the play. Gino throws the ball into the dirt….on a fourth down potentially final play of the game…where tossing it up for grabs would’ve been better.

I also felt like the player reactions were kinda “off” considering the gravity of the game and the heat of a closely contested game.

Finally, the betting line before the game was 8.5.

Not sayin, just sayin.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

First Half the penalties on us….some were utterly ridiculous. It definitely kept the game close
Second half: penalties start going against them, some of which were pretty weak and fuel our comeback.
4th quarter Seattle’s 4th down play calls. Each time they only needed a few yards. To that point in the game, they largely moved the ball at will passing. They didn’t have their starting RB and hadn’t run the ball well much at all. Gino was putting passes in places even tight coverage couldn’t touch. Mercalf was unguardable. Then 4th and 1, game in the balance…they RUN with their second string rookie RB… on a poorly designed play!?? Right into DLAW.
Another fourth and short…they run a play with slow developing routes knowing Gino hasn’t had more than 2.5 seconds to throw all night.
Final fourth down, another absolutely perplexing play call. Also, Parsons lines up on the outside of the Right tackle just like he had many snaps before. Ball is snapped and the RT completely ignores Parsons who blows up the play. Gino throws the ball into the dirt….on a fourth down potentially final play of the game…where tossing it up for grabs would’ve been better.

I also felt like the player reactions were kinda “off” considering the gravity of the game and the heat of a closely contested game.

Not sayin, just sayin.

There was not a single penalty called/not called at the end that effected the betting line outcome. Could have gone either way on our last drive. Not going in the weeds on the rest of it.

1942willys

Reaction score
It's called really lousy officiating.

Part time aging losers is the bulk of the refs crew these days
Well they are all part time but some are much worse than others

JayFord

Reaction score
teams like Seattle dont play finesse ball...theyre here to punch you in the nuts

you have to fight them...(almost literally)

games like this are like playoff games...you just have to survive and we did because San Fran plays a brand of football where they punch you in the nuts and bite you and well weve lost three in a row to them

i wont say anything about the refs...they suck and the league doesnt hold them accuntable .lets move on

DripTooHard

Reaction score

Not sayin, just sayin.
If we’re playing along, don’t ignore the fact that we played Seattle, where Amazon is headquartered. Game is shown on Amazon Prime. Hmmm…

DFWJC

Reaction score

Not sayin, just sayin.
SO glad we pulled it out but me and my buddies watching the game (all Cowboy fans) thought it was comical how bad the calls were going AGAINST Seattle.

Face mask reverse. Dak clearly in the grasp getting a first down after the player who had him let up some (assuming play was over). And so many more.
I totally agree that the Cowboys had bad calls too against us, but man, Seattle looked bewildered at how crazy some of the calls were on them.

yentl911

Reaction score
I am not sure who else mentioned it but I think 3 games in something like 13 days could have contributed to the performance. The D didn't play well but they still won. In the end that is all that matters to me.

Both teams had bad calls against them.

Enjoy the 10 days off and get ready for the Eagles. I am looking forward to the Filthy/Phony Whiners game this weekend. I hope each team beats the hell out of each other.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It was a bad play-call, but the reason they ignored Parsons is they were letting him charge upfield to throw into the flat and not have him in position to chase down the running back. Unfortunately for them, even if Smith had been able to get off a good throw, Lawrence was in position to bury the running back.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Not sayin, just sayin.
I don't know why, but feel like watching the Wizard of Oz....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
SO glad we pulled it out but me and my buddies watching the game (all Cowboy fans) thought it was comical how bad the calls were going AGAINST Seattle.

Face mask reverse. Dak clearly in the grasp getting a first down after the player who had him let up some (assuming play was over). And so many more.
I totally agree that the Cowboys had bad calls too against us, but man, Seattle looked bewildered at how crazy some of the calls were on them.
I agree with them that some were ticky-tack. Not sure any weren't legitimate, though. I probably would not have called the PI on Wagner. But I would have called interference or a hold on the play where Woolen grabbed Gallup around the helmet to keep him from completing his route.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Not sayin, just sayin.
I've noticed that for years now,,, underdog gets a helping hand in the first half, then the officials back off in the second half. Keep the number of blowout games to a minimum.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

I truly believe the Refs all chill out together pregame in the parking lot in the SUV, drop acid and jam some Jim Morrison prior to the games.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You’re a part time ref not getting paid much. Except the fact goodell is saying you’re so lucky to be officiating a NFL game. Here is your gift card. Thanks. That’s all the pay you get.

Then there is ALOT of high stakes betting going on. A lot of money and powerful people running it. Easy to see to see who the refs are ahead of the game. You got a point spread with millions or maybe billions depending on the game being bet. Some people don’t like to lose. You have refs making decisions that can…. Keep a game close and in some instances could determine or help determine the point spread or even the game. Who advances in the playoffs or wins it all.

Then we watch these games. Not just our team but other games. Remember the saints playoff game. How could there not be a flag on that play. Heck against the lions that year we had a flag picked up when there was at least a hold. Then the next game was it the catch but no catch game. Or the game Irving was held and out in a sleeper hold.

Just saying. Would it surprise anyone.

We would need things like full time vetted refs and replay challenges in place to correct this. But like we all know. You can call holding in the trenches on every play.. Games would be 7 hours long…

Creeper

Reaction score
I saw on Twitter/X Leonard Williams was complaining that the refs and penalties is the reason they lost. But he must have missed the fact that the Seahawks had the lead in the 4th quarter even after Dallas scored a TD FG to make it 35-30. After that point only 1 penalty was called -on Dallas for Delay of Game.. Seattle lost because they could not score after that and they could not keep Dallas from scoring.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I saw on Twitter/X Leonard Williams was complaining that the refs and penalties is the reason they lost. But he must have missed the fact that the Seahawks had the lead in the 4th quarter even after Dallas scored a TD FG to make it 35-30. After that point only 1 penalty was called -on Dallas for Delay of Game.. Seattle lost because they could not score after that and they could not keep Dallas from scoring.
And the fact that someone forgot to hold Parsons on that last play..

Motorola

Reaction score
You’re a part time ref not getting paid much. Except the fact goodell is saying you’re so lucky to be officiating a NFL game. Here is your gift card. Thanks. That’s all the pay you get.
The average salary for an NFL referee is $200,000 a year.
It's a flat salary, which increases when officials are selected to work postseason games.
Figure an NFL referee starts work in early August; goes through the regular season which ends the first weekend the following January.
If an individual or crew doesn't get selected to continue working during the playoffs -- that's 5 -1/2 months or so.

Early August to early January = less than half a year...part-time work earning $200K - increasing to a quarter of a million dollars plus with playoff game bonuses.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
The average salary for an NFL referee is $200,000 a year.
It's a flat salary, which increases when officials are selected to work postseason games.
Figure an NFL referee starts work in early August; goes through the regular season which ends the first weekend the following January.
If an individual or crew doesn't get selected to continue working during the playoffs -- that's 5 -1/2 months or so.

Early August to early January = less than half a year...part-time work earning $200K - increasing to a quarter of a million dollars plus with playoff game bonuses.
And if you can get a cool million in addition for helping a little in a couple games. I keep harping on egirls game when we were 5 inches short because he was tackled before he caught the pass. But that ref standing there called it a td but didn’t throw the obvious flag. Then after slow motion review it showed him being short but really shows him being turned and tackled while he was catching the ball. Imagine how much money was betted on that game. Win or lose or point spread. When it’s millions you can win by paying a 100k to someone then it’s easy decision. Not even saying it’s happened or happening but the money and temptation is there for sure..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I love a good tin foil thread as you know but if something were amiss, going through the refs leaves far too much to chance. You actually need a penalty (or close to one) to happen to use calls to slow a team down that aren't blatant farces. So you're relying too much on circumstance. For example, in the Dez no-catch, you don't rule a pass complete on the chance the opposing coach will challenge so you then have a chance to overturn. What if McCarthy never challenged that?

If you want to rig a game, you get certain players in on it. The easiest to do is get the QBs on board because they control so much of the game. Maybe you get a kicker here and there too or have a coach call crappy plays or put players in position to get steamrolled. It's pretty funny to me that as creative as the conspiracy crew gets, none of them ever go this route which is actually a more plausible logical route to rigging games. They talk about how big money corrupts people and then in different threads talk about how players love money more than the game. Well that's why they're the perfect candidates to use for rigging and you pay them part of the proceeds. Two QBs are easier to get to than 7 refs. Y'all need to step up your 'spiracy game and add some logic.