Tin Foil Hat

Motorola

Reaction score
And if you can get a cool million in addition for helping a little in a couple games. I keep harping on egirls game when we were 5 inches short because he was tackled before he caught the pass. But that ref standing there called it a td but didn’t throw the obvious flag. Then after slow motion review it showed him being short but really shows him being turned and tackled while he was catching the ball. Imagine how much money was betted on that game. Win or lose or point spread. When it’s millions you can win by paying a 100k to someone then it’s easy decision. Not even saying it’s happened or happening but the money and temptation is there for sure..
And you can go to Seahawks and Eagles fansites where last night and today they're howling about Seattle having to score three touchdowns on one drive just to get one to stick. Or the PI on LB Wagner.
Whether it's calls against a fan's team due to a perceived bias or gambling influences...it's best to the the sport go and move to other forms of entertainment if one truly believes that.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This Seattle game was super weird IMO.
Just felt bizarre in many ways.

First Half the penalties on us….some were utterly ridiculous. It definitely kept the game close
Second half: penalties start going against them, some of which were pretty weak and fuel our comeback.
4th quarter Seattle’s 4th down play calls. Each time they only needed a few yards. To that point in the game, they largely moved the ball at will passing. They didn’t have their starting RB and hadn’t run the ball well much at all. Gino was putting passes in places even tight coverage couldn’t touch. Mercalf was unguardable. Then 4th and 1, game in the balance…they RUN with their second string rookie RB… on a poorly designed play!?? Right into DLAW.
Another fourth and short…they run a play with slow developing routes knowing Gino hasn’t had more than 2.5 seconds to throw all night.
Final fourth down, another absolutely perplexing play call. Also, Parsons lines up on the outside of the Right tackle just like he had many snaps before. Ball is snapped and the RT completely ignores Parsons who blows up the play. Gino throws the ball into the dirt….on a fourth down potentially final play of the game…where tossing it up for grabs would’ve been better.

I also felt like the player reactions were kinda “off” considering the gravity of the game and the heat of a closely contested game.

Finally, the betting line before the game was 8.5.

Not sayin, just sayin.
No tin foiled hat needed.

This league is not about real sports like it was in the 70s and 80s. It is about entertainement, merchandise and revenue.
You dont need to have a consipracy theory to know that those games are all scripted.

Still its great entertaiment. Just dont expect to watch something real.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
And if you can get a cool million in addition for helping a little in a couple games. I keep harping on egirls game when we were 5 inches short because he was tackled before he caught the pass. But that ref standing there called it a td but didn’t throw the obvious flag. Then after slow motion review it showed him being short but really shows him being turned and tackled while he was catching the ball. Imagine how much money was betted on that game. Win or lose or point spread. When it’s millions you can win by paying a 100k to someone then it’s easy decision. Not even saying it’s happened or happening but the money and temptation is there for sure..
So the refs didn't want Schoonmaker to score but called it a TD when it was close enough to not call it one in the first place? What's that about a house divided against itself not being able to stand again? Lol.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
teams like Seattle dont play finesse ball...theyre here to punch you in the nuts

you have to fight them...(almost literally)

games like this are like playoff games...you just have to survive and we did because San Fran plays a brand of football where they punch you in the nuts and bite you and well weve lost three in a row to them

i wont say anything about the refs...they suck and the league doesnt hold them accuntable .lets move on
Looks like Dak and Ferguson punched them out.

glimmerman

Reaction score
No tin foiled hat needed.

This league is not about real sports like it was in the 70s and 80s. It is about entertainement, merchandise and revenue.
You dont need to have a consipracy theory to know that those games are all scripted.

Still it’s great entertaiment. Just dont expect to watch something real.
If true I would quit watching. Until it was our season to win it all. You see egirls had not won for many many many years. Now there time. There is no longer a dynasty….

glimmerman

Reaction score
So the refs didn't want Schoonmaker to score but called it a TD when it was close enough to not call it one in the first place? What's that about a house divided against itself not being able to stand again? Lol.
Calling the TD was correct. But hid the fact of PI. And no flag thrown for it. Then when they slow motion the part where the ball is and body touches then it’s done. No need to worry about the obvious PI. They showed the whole play in slower motion and I believe the commentators even said it was PI. He grabbed the waist and turned the body and started tackling him while he was catching the pass. If it’s a straight up play he would have been able to turn it up. Was just either a bs non call or something that needs to be addressed in off season. These “honest” missed calls are costing teams games.

McMicah

Reaction score
This applies to almost all conspiracy theories: Almost all people desire control and power. Subconsciously we want order so badly that we will invent it rather than accept the reality that there is complete chaos. We would rather believe in secret world orders and scripted entertainment than just accept we are a bunch of relative idiots chaotically careening through the universe just making things up as we go… That’s a pretty scary reality all on its own

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You’re a part time ref not getting paid much. Except the fact goodell is saying you’re so lucky to be officiating a NFL game. Here is your gift card. Thanks. That’s all the pay you get.

Then there is ALOT of high stakes betting going on. A lot of money and powerful people running it. Easy to see to see who the refs are ahead of the game. You got a point spread with millions or maybe billions depending on the game being bet. Some people don’t like to lose. You have refs making decisions that can…. Keep a game close and in some instances could determine or help determine the point spread or even the game. Who advances in the playoffs or wins it all.
The average salary of an NFL official is $200,000/year. Plus, they almost all have other careers. The few that I met in my career were all well off.

Guys living like that aren't going to risk going to a federal prison (Sports Bribery act of 1964), but I get it. It's more fun to put the tin foil hat on. :rolleyes:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This Seattle game was super weird IMO.
Just felt bizarre in many ways.

First Half the penalties on us….some were utterly ridiculous. It definitely kept the game close
Second half: penalties start going against them, some of which were pretty weak and fuel our comeback.
4th quarter Seattle’s 4th down play calls. Each time they only needed a few yards. To that point in the game, they largely moved the ball at will passing. They didn’t have their starting RB and hadn’t run the ball well much at all. Gino was putting passes in places even tight coverage couldn’t touch. Mercalf was unguardable. Then 4th and 1, game in the balance…they RUN with their second string rookie RB… on a poorly designed play!?? Right into DLAW.
Another fourth and short…they run a play with slow developing routes knowing Gino hasn’t had more than 2.5 seconds to throw all night.
Final fourth down, another absolutely perplexing play call. Also, Parsons lines up on the outside of the Right tackle just like he had many snaps before. Ball is snapped and the RT completely ignores Parsons who blows up the play. Gino throws the ball into the dirt….on a fourth down potentially final play of the game…where tossing it up for grabs would’ve been better.

I also felt like the player reactions were kinda “off” considering the gravity of the game and the heat of a closely contested game.

Finally, the betting line before the game was 8.5.

Not sayin, just sayin.
Let me throw some gasoline on your fire, the ref, Clete Blakeman was celebrating his 250th NFL game. Maybe he just wanted to celebrate and get some extra Prime Time, Air Time to commemorate the event, get his name in the record books. :muttley:

https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/11/week-13-referee-assignments-2023/

glimmerman

Reaction score
The average salary of an NFL official is $200,000/year. Plus, they almost all have other careers. The few that I met in my career were all well off.

Guys living like that aren't going to risk going to a federal prison (Sports Bribery act of 1964), but I get it. It's more fun to put the tin foil hat on. :rolleyes:
Yeah it’s all on the up and up. I am sure.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
SO glad we pulled it out but me and my buddies watching the game (all Cowboy fans) thought it was comical how bad the calls were going AGAINST Seattle.

Face mask reverse. Dak clearly in the grasp getting a first down after the player who had him let up some (assuming play was over). And so many more.
I totally agree that the Cowboys had bad calls too against us, but man, Seattle looked bewildered at how crazy some of the calls were on them.
I thought both of those were correct. Looked to grab the guy by the shoulder area after coming across, but not grabbing the helmet.

With Dak, no other defender was about to hit him, so he is allowed the opportunity to escape.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Calling the TD was correct. But hid the fact of PI. And no flag thrown for it. Then when they slow motion the part where the ball is and body touches then it’s done. No need to worry about the obvious PI. They showed the whole play in slower motion and I believe the commentators even said it was PI. He grabbed the waist and turned the body and started tackling him while he was catching the pass. If it’s a straight up play he would have been able to turn it up. Was just either a bs non call or something that needs to be addressed in off season. These “honest” missed calls are costing teams games.
Calling the TD wasn't correct if it got overturned on replay. I'm saying if there was malintent you don't call that a TD in the first place since it was borderline close enough to call it either way. So why did he with a few million at stake, as you say?

And it wasn't PI. Schoonmaker went to the ground on his own in catching the pass. He stays up and just leans back and it's an undeniable TD. The Philly player had a hand on his back which his allowed but never turns Schoonmaker because he's doing everything he can to deflect the pass with is other hand and still missed. That's why Schoonmaker could have stayed on his feet as big as he is. He wasn't being tackled. The DB was trying to get around him to touch the ball.

Motorola

Reaction score

NFL officials making $200K a year --- for HALF A YEAR's work time ---
late July --- through the first or second weekend of January.
And that's not even counting the additional income\bonuses due to those refs that get selected to work playoff games, conference championships, and the Super Bowls.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't know about conspiracies, but inconsistent? Yep! Don't know what to make of it really, just too many delays imo. Then again, the two worst teams in terms of penalties match up.. FFS, it looked they were growing daisies on the field.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
If true I would quit watching. Until it was our season to win it all. You see egirls had not won for many many many years. Now there time. There is no longer a dynasty….
Gambling is involved in the game more now than ever. The average Joe can wager his house on a phone app these days. Would it be far fetched to believe that the NFL may not rig games, but may shape them to manage point spreads?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Seattle was purposely illegally contacting our WRs in hopes the refs would just stop calling it.

They knew they couldn’t stop us.