Tip your waiters!!!!

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2816014 said:

Having your niche with old retired ladies is risky, but it's lucrative. They've got nothing else to spend their money on than a 100 style and $100 color, with all the curlers and everything. Old Texas gals and widows fork over a lot of dough to someone who treats them right, sort of like the moral of this thread. If you give* good, genuine service you get paid good money. That's how I see it. I come from a family of business people and so forth, who work on their reputation. So I guess there are a lot of dynamics involved in our capitalist system. It's not hard to see sometimes. Just look around and ordinary businesses are making extra-ordinary amounts of money.

Yet it's not for me and I tend to be more academic oriented, but I'm being serious when I say she makes that much. Not to get off topic. . . .

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;2816032 said:
Having your niche with old retired ladies is risky, but it's lucrative. They've got nothing else to spend their money on than a 100 style and $100 color, with all the curlers and everything. Old Texas gals and widows fork over a lot of dough to someone who treats them right, sort of like the moral of this thread. If you give* good, genuine service you get paid good money. That's how I see it. I come from a family of business people and so forth, who work on their reputation. So I guess there are a lot of dynamics involved in our capitalist system. It's not hard to see sometimes. Just look around and ordinary businesses are making extra-ordinary amounts of money.

Yet it's not for me and I tend to be more academic oriented, but I'm being serious when I say she makes that much. Not to get off topic. . . .

If only it worked that way; that's why I started this thread in the first place.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Wow this thread turned into gold at around page 20. Mad props for Theo for just setting lewpac up perfectly. If only we could have his face when he realized how much of a FAIL he is.

Justice is best served chilled.

P.S. LOL at Bob always taking the side of the instigator.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
lewpac;2815799 said:
Unless you've been in the biz, you'll never understand that bartenders and servers are not "buddies". More often than not, it's a "mongoose vs. snake" thing. Waiters think that the sole intent and life purpose of a bartender is to make sure they get their drinks to make THEIR TIPS. They're wrong. Bartenders are not busboys, hostess's, expediters, mangers, or valet parkers. Bartenders are TIPPED employees as much so, if not moreso than servers. But too many servers think that the only function a bartender is good for is to GET THEM THEIR drink orders so THEY can look good and make a buck.

Also, any bartender who is there to "pick up chicks" will soon be out of a job. Customers at a bar are a "captive audience". They aren't going anywhere. It would be stupid to hit on chicks over a bar, as you'll get a rap and a bad name in short order and be out of a job.

However, the bartender has sort of a "star" quality to it. He's center stage. It's always "showtime" behind a bar if you understand the pulpit you have. You can really put on a show if you want to. So, you don't need to "hit" on girls. It comes naturally, by osmosis if you're being cool, entertaining, and doing your job.

I'm not talking about bar tending at the corner "Jims Bar" here. I'm talking about the "Cocktail" stuff, which is all I did for a decade. Me and a hundred other guys. If you're good at it, and sling some wicked Whiskey with style, you don't have to worry about getting in a girls pants. They just pull them down for you.

Anyway, the bar tender runs the show. Everyone else's evening in the joint revolves around the bar tender. Because everyone is there for a good time, and that usually involves libations. If the bar tender is having an off night, everyone else is going to have an off night.

Wow. I can just see Tom Cruise delivering this very speech in the highly anticipated release of "Cocktail II". It was that awesome.

Kilyin

Reaction score
This is what happens to people like springs1

[youtube]CVLe_QJ0xf8[/youtube]

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I went to my favorite sandwich shop for lunch today and I ordered the fries a little crispy and brown.

Who wants fries that are doughy in the middle? Gag a maggot on a gut wagon.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hostile;2816693 said:
I went to my favorite sandwich shop for lunch today and I ordered the fries a little crispy and brown.

Who wants fries that are doughy in the middle? Gag a maggot on a gut wagon.

I don't know, I found this thread quite educational. I went to the cafe today and punched my server in the face. This establishes the tone of just who's in charge and let's them know they're going to have to work for my tip.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
vta;2816703 said:
I don't know, I found this thread quite educational. I went to the cafe today and punched my server in the face. This establishes the tone of just who's in charge and let's them know they're going to have to work for my tip.

But don't you dare try that with the bartender. They are omnipotent beings who control everyone's fate. Or so I've heard.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
vta;2816703 said:
:lmao2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
vta;2816703 said:

gold.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
vta;2816703 said:
Totally unrelated, but this reminded me of the SNL skit.

[youtube]ILvkEHQPHHg[/youtube]

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2814298 said:
Anyone who ever waited on Springs is going straight to heaven when they die. It's the least God can do.
You ain't lyin'.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
bbgun;2816723 said:
But don't you dare try that with the bartender. They are omnipotent beings who control everyone's fate. Or so I've heard.

This post is purely in the interests of getting to 400 replies to this thread. It's also directed at trying to prevent any demented bartenders from hijacking the thread to complain about martinis that were shaken rather than stirred, or serving white wine in an "over-chilled" state.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
So guys, funny story from the establishment tonight.

A man came in with his family of four and ran up a 50 ticket. It was his now 8 years old daughter's birthday, and at my place that means she gets a free dessert. So we all come out clapping and sing to her and give her the dessert. Long story short this man leaves me a $2 tip. That is less than 5% if you're counting. The funny part of the story comes in when he is checking out and tells the cashier very sincerely that she should "Make sure he gets this tip, he really deserves it". Golden. Made my night.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TheKey;2817033 said:
So guys, funny story from the establishment tonight.

A man came in with his family of four and ran up a 50 ticket. It was his now 8 years old daughter's birthday, and at my place that means she gets a free dessert. So we all come out clapping and sing to her and give her the dessert. Long story short this man leaves me a $2 tip. That is less than 5% if you're counting. The funny part of the story comes in when he is checking out and tells the cashier very sincerely that she should "Make sure he gets this tip, he really deserves it". Golden. Made my night.

You should have confronted him and whooped his butt in front of his family. ;)