Tired of you wannabe "fans"

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I get on everyday to read about my Cowboys and all I hear is hoping we lose for draft pick, coaching change, Jerry this and Jerry that.

Don't care how you slice it i'm cheering for a win EVERY game and untill we are officially out the playoffs we have a chance to win it all. Does it hurt to lose games the way we have...yes but forget it move on and try to fix the problem and keep striving for a Ring.

I will say it, don't matter how long you follow a team or "realist" if you hope for a lost then you are not a fan. Bash me all you want but you just need to find another team to cheer for. Seattle need more bandwagon fans, so does Philly, San Fran, Pats and any other team that is favored at the moment.

Do I expect positive things said on ever post..no but to wish and hope for a lost or give up is not a fan. I'm never turning off a game the Cowboys are playing in because I love my team and enjoy watching them win, lose or draw.

We are still in the race and until we are no longer playing (end of season) I will continue hoping and wanting a win.

Get over it people Jerry isn't going anywhere. Can't stand post that say want Jerry to die and things like that, what is a matter with you.

Here is to winning both division games and making the playoffs which we will. Come back off the ledge moo reason to jump folks.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I don't want them to lose but I don't see any way this team is capable of wining it all.

The defense is one of the worse ever in the league & the offense is inconsistent.

Not to mention we have awful coaching. We have games won & yet lose. Funny how that works.

If that makes me a "wannabe" fan to point out the obvious then that's what I am!

Wheeltax

Reaction score
It's all well and good to want the Cowboys to win. We all do - we want them to win Super Bowls. That's the point, after all, isn't it?

So it comes down to: would you rather be able to experience a few wins at the end of the season here to be able to flounder out of the playoffs, or would you rather do what it takes to affect real change at Valley Ranch - as much change as we can expect, anyway - and look forward to maybe building a contender over the next few years?

I don't know about you, but I'm sick of the 8-8 status quo. If the Cowboys win out, I don't see anything changing, and next season we're having this exact same discussion.

JMO

starman22

Reaction score
It's all well and good to want the Cowboys to win. We all do - we want them to win Super Bowls. That's the point, after all, isn't it?

So it comes down to: would you rather be able to experience a few wins at the end of the season here to be able to flounder out of the playoffs, or would you rather do what it takes to affect real change at Valley Ranch - as much change as we can expect, anyway - and look forward to maybe building a contender over the next few years?

I don't know about you, but I'm sick of the 8-8 status quo. If the Cowboys win out, I don't see anything changing, and next season we're having this exact same discussion.

JMO

To expect major changes with the way things are run at Valley Ranch is about like expecting our defense to all of a sudden start playing like the Seahawks.

Speaking for myself:
I root for the Boys to win every game we play
I hope that our coaching staff and management start learning from their mistakes (from draft day to hamstrings to game management to contract extensions)
I realize that "Any given Sunday" is our best friend in the playoffs if we get there (I think we do)

Remember, our head coach is not that experienced. Jerry chose to go with youth and inexperience instead of a known quantity at head coach. As an organization we need to learn how to win, learn how to protect a lead, learn how to prevent or at least limit hamstring injuries, the list goes on and on.

Can you really tell me that on Sunday, you grab a beer, go sit in your favorite chair, turn on the game and root for Dallas to lose? You really hope Romo will screw up, or someone will fumble just on the off chance that Jerry will hire a coach that will be better than what we have?

No thanks, I think I will just cheer for Dallas to win

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Can you really tell me that on Sunday, you grab a beer, go sit in your favorite chair, turn on the game and root for Dallas to lose? You really hope Romo will screw up, or someone will fumble just on the off chance that Jerry will hire a coach that will be better than what we have?

Nope. Despite how admittedly down on the team I've been the past few weeks, there I was today, big grin on my face as Romo threw a TD to Murray on 4th down. All that long-term talk goes out the window when I'm watching the Cowboys play. I can't help it. I guess I'll always be a homer in spite of myself. :D

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I get on everyday to read about my Cowboys and all I hear is hoping we lose for draft pick, coaching change, Jerry this and Jerry that.

Don't care how you slice it i'm cheering for a win EVERY game and untill we are officially out the playoffs we have a chance to win it all. Does it hurt to lose games the way we have...yes but forget it move on and try to fix the problem and keep striving for a Ring.

I will say it, don't matter how long you follow a team or "realist" if you hope for a lost then you are not a fan. Bash me all you want but you just need to find another team to cheer for. Seattle need more bandwagon fans, so does Philly, San Fran, Pats and any other team that is favored at the moment.

Do I expect positive things said on ever post..no but to wish and hope for a lost or give up is not a fan. I'm never turning off a game the Cowboys are playing in because I love my team and enjoy watching them win, lose or draw.

We are still in the race and until we are no longer playing (end of season) I will continue hoping and wanting a win.

Get over it people Jerry isn't going anywhere. Can't stand post that say want Jerry to die and things like that, what is a matter with you.

Here is to winning both division games and making the playoffs which we will. Come back off the ledge moo reason to jump folks.

I never hope for a loss but I do, and will continue, to bash Jerry for making a laughing stock of what use to be one of the most respected and emulated NFL franchises in history.

Tawney88

Reaction score
I never hope for a loss but I do, and will continue, to bash Jerry for making a laughing stock of what use to be one of the most respected and emulated NFL franchises in history.

That's the point we are all Cowboys fans but the issue with the Cowboys has been and will always be Jerry until he steps away from this team completely. That is the frustration I think for most fans. A coaching change won't do any good if Jerry is pulling the strings. He has to go. It isn't even debatable.

When other fans make the comments like the op it just makes me think they don't really care about how this does. They just want to make themselves feel better about themselves and their misplaced and unwarranted loyalty to Jerry Jones

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
Get over it people Jerry isn't going anywhere

Wow - what people skills. :rolleyes:

Maybe your unwelcome is a favor in disguise.

I did start a few threads about the Cowboys of yesteryear, etc., etc. I may not be the post prolific or incendiary Jerry-basher, but like many that followed then during the Landry era, then Jimmy (to my suprize), I'm frustrated to no end how a football-clueless billionaire is making the team terminally mediocre. Add to that a thread like this bashing our members to love the cancer and just SHUT UP.

So maybe this is a call for a lot of us to follow a different team(s) run like the Cowboys once were...so I will.

To the OP: Don't get a concussion banging your head in the coming years.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
On the "Blind Homers" thread the mods said nothing till the 35th reply.

This one got a response at #2 and 4.