Twitter: Titans' S Kevin Bayard fined for stomping on star

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I love it that the cowboys have become a punching bag for the rest of the league. If this type of crap continues, Jerry may just have to make a change at HC or face more humiliation

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
People say play better to stop this kind of thing but it is tough to never throw an interception and to never give up a TD. Opponents are going to make plays. I’m disappointed with the response from the team, Byron Jones excepted.
At least the 2000 team marched down for a TD after TO first celebrated on the Star,

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't think the field itself can be considered a "prop" and It's not really taunting. Taunting involves an act directed at another player, this is more mocking an entire organization.

I think the field was considered a "prop" for TO's celebration.

And the organization is made up of *all* players and staff. The taunt was directed at *all* of them. And fans.

jnday

Reaction score
No Fun League
This is not a fun incident. It showed no class and no respect. Every Dallas player should have attacked him, including those on the bench. If they want to be Cowboys, they should defend the star at all cost. It is called having nuts.

staubach24

Reaction score
Gee, if not for the statute of limitations, we could hit T.O. with a retro-fine. Oh, thats right, he's broke.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Should have fined the boys twice, for there inept play and then everyone not named Jones for trying to protect the star.

scottsp

Reaction score
This entire episode is sooo 20 years ago. Besides, Dallas should have been up multiple scores by this point.

Because they weren’t; because they’re now a weak football organization, why shouldn’t Bayard and friends chop it up on the star?

It’s not like anything was going to happen. No real consequences to speak of - just a nice easy stroll to a Monday night win.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This is not a fun incident. It showed no class and no respect. Every Dallas player should have attacked him, including those on the bench. If they want to be Cowboys, they should defend the star at all cost. It is called having nuts.

Stop whining. No one is obligated to show you respect, you earn it.

All you folks do is sit on a message board whining all day - us Cowboys fans are the most spoiled bunch of sports fans that are out there. We look like crap, our product is crap, plays/fans already hate us, and they certainly aren't going to respect the star unless we bust them in the mouth while winning.

Nobody respects us because we haven't done crap to earn respect other than being a circus for 2 decades. Deal with it.

J_Allen

Reaction score
And only ONE PLAYER stood up to defend it.

There isn't a bigger joke in the NFL than the Dallas Cowboys.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Sad that the Cowboys players didn't have enough pride to do something about it themselves.

It took the league to step in for them.
I’d have paid good money to fly in George Teague just to knock Byard on his ***.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And only ONE PLAYER stood up to defend it.

There isn't a bigger joke in the NFL than the Dallas Cowboys.
This is nonsense. First, when TO did it there was only one player that got out there and knocked him off the Star, and nobody whined about how the whole team wasn't out there. Why is it different this time?

Second, most of the team likely had no idea it was even happening. What does an offense do when they throw an INT? They run off the field, not stand frozen waiting to see where the opponent goes and what they do to celebrate the INT. What does the defense do? They go get their helmets, strap it on and listen to instruction from the coaches before running out to the field. They don't stand frozen either to watch where the opponent goes and what they do to celebrate. This is their routine every time - focusing on what they need to be doing and not on what the other team is doing. I imagine Jones was just a little quicker trotting out on the field, and therefore saw it before others did. Same with George Teague when TO did it. And frankly, if you have watched the Cowboys defense at all you can see they are not lacking fight or heart.