TJ Watt

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't mind seeing TJ being our pick at #28 at all. I think he's a sure candidate to give his all and do nothing but improve over time.

I'd be happy with Watt, too. At #28, we're getting him right in the range he's supposed to go in, if not at a slight value. Considering he's got a fair amount of upside, that's a pretty good situation. And you've got a pretty good idea the guy is willing to put in the work.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Watt, too. At #28, we're getting him right in the range he's supposed to go in, if not at a slight value. Considering he's got a fair amount of upside, that's a pretty good situation. And you've got a pretty good idea the guy is willing to put in the work.

He'll put in the work, no doubt there . . . it's one of the strong points that he's known for the most, along with his intelligence and quickness. I can readily picture him being a consistent factor in helping our defense considerably, whether he's stationed at OLB or DE.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The most memorable meeting of this draft process for Watt has been his "surreal" trip down to The Star in Frisco, where he met with Cowboys brass, including owner Jerry Jones owner, who made quite an exit from the meeting.

"Halfway through the conversation (with Jerry Jones), I had to pinch myself almost just to know the conversation was actually happening. It was kind of a surreal moment," Watt said. "Then to see him fly away in his helicopter afterwards was also a really cool moment."

Watt's relishing the opportunity to get to know some of decision makers he's followed for so long.

"Obviously, you hear about Jerry Jones and (defensive coordinator) Rod Marinelli," Watt said, "and to finally sit down and talk with them and see how much they care about football and seeing them have a plan for if I were to be drafted to fit into the defense is pretty cool."

http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/pathtothedraft/watt?campaign=tw-cf-sf70115815-sf70115815

Interesting. If they really want Watt, I have to imagine he's within our reach whether it's at 28 or a few spots higher.

Gaede

Reaction score

One thing I really like about Watt is his use of hands. Very strong

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think his medicals are going to be crucial,he had 2 ACL tears and i think he may go ahead of us if his knee is clean.

Sydla

Reaction score
Watt might be my #2 right now behind Barnett if we go rush end at 28.

I'd probably rank them (Garrett is a non starter) in terms of a first round selection:

Barnett (likely wishful thinking)
Watt
McKinley
Taco
Bowser
Willis
Harris

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watt might be my #2 right now behind Barnett if we go rush end at 28.

I'd probably rank them (Garrett is a non starter) in terms of a first round selection:

Barnett (likely wishful thinking)
Watt
McKinley
Taco
Bowser
Willis
Harris

I'm not quite as high on Taco. Lack of production and playing time scares me. And he looks like a SDE to me. I see another Ryan Russell. He's almost the 'anti-Watt'.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This is who I want ....... he can play DE and LB ....... he is gonna be as good as his brother.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think Watt is gone by 28 but if he is there, I would not be opposed to him being the pick.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I also dont think he will be there at 28....I still like Peppers there at 28 also.

Sydla

Reaction score
Recent stories in Philly is Harris could be a target for the Eagles at 14. The logic being that Harris just is a better athlete and that despite Barnett being a more productive player in the SEC, he lacks the "tools" Harris has.

I'd just love to see them take Harris and have Barnett slip to us.