TLH: Where Dak Prescott ranks among all 32 starting QBs at the end of 2021

Ken

Reaction score
Looking top 5 to you means nothing because you have established this whole season that you have literally no idea what you're seeing on Sundays except a star on a helmet.

You have forsaken your credibility in the name of defending a bad QB. Its gone. Never coming back. Buh bye. See ya.
Uh huh.

There is literally nothing that I was not right on the money about. Sorry bud...from our defense turning great by the end of the season, to saying that Diggs would have the most picks since Walls (didn't expect 11, thought 6 or 7), to being absolutely on board with Micah from the moment we drafted him because we needed front 7 and LBs and he was the best of the draft.

I am sure you had all of that too right?

As I am right on the money with my observation of our two top wrs Cooper and Ceedee being lazy route runners and not playing well this year. Sorry, played the position and know what great route running is and they were not it...especially Lamb. Wilson was our best route runner last 4-6 weeks of the season. That is a sad statement.

I will also say that our offensive philosophy is a huge issue. It has been the same since Garrett was OC and it is THE main reason why we flame out in the playoffs. Everyone knows how to manipulate it and we don't use our strengths.

I am sure that is way too hard for you to follow and you really would rather sit there and say "40 million!". :facepalm:

Ken

Reaction score
No he’s not.He is what he is….and that’s a slightly above average QB.There’s 5-7 really good QB’s and Dak falls just under that.
Ok...he's not..lol

YOUR opinion.

Mine says Dak is a better player...especially when you compare them at the same points in their respective careers. Dak in year 13 will be lights out....

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
If Romo and Dak can't get it done, maybe it's not them.....championships aren't easy to come by....it takes more than a QB.....

It is not just them. Both are average leaders, but they aren't leaders in the sense that they can step in for the lack of leadership we are getting from the coaches. There are other quarterbacks, who could get their team mates to snap out of it and play disciplined playoff style football. Dak and Romo are not that kind of quarterback. The more things have changed the more they have stayed the same.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is not just them. Both are average leaders, but they aren't leaders in the sense that they can step in for the lack of leadership we are getting from the coaches. There are other quarterbacks, who could get their team mates to snap out of it and play disciplined playoff style football. Dak and Romo are not that kind of quarterback. The more things have changed the more they have stayed the same.
Respect, but I don't agree....Stafford didn't win in Detroit and now he's in the SB.....hmmm, maybe it's not all on the QB?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Uh huh.

There is literally nothing that I was not right on the money about. Sorry bud...from our defense turning great by the end of the season, to saying that Diggs would have the most picks since Walls (didn't expect 11, thought 6 or 7), to being absolutely on board with Micah from the moment we drafted him because we needed front 7 and LBs and he was the best of the draft.

I am sure you had all of that too right?

As I am right on the money with my observation of our two top wrs Cooper and Ceedee being lazy route runners and not playing well this year. Sorry, played the position and know what great route running is and they were not it...especially Lamb. Wilson was our best route runner last 4-6 weeks of the season. That is a sad statement.

I will also say that our offensive philosophy is a huge issue. It has been the same since Garrett was OC and it is THE main reason why we flame out in the playoffs. Everyone knows how to manipulate it and we don't use our strengths.

I am sure that is way too hard for you to follow and you really would rather sit there and say "40 million!". :facepalm:
You think I'm going to read all that nonsense?

Jkw634

Reaction score
Questionable having Jackson and Wilson lower then Dak but once I saw dak at 7 and Stafford as 8 I thought this is no credible rankings

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ok...he's not..lol

YOUR opinion.

Mine says Dak is a better player...especially when you compare them at the same points in their respective careers. Dak in year 13 will be lights out....
Ken, you are obviously a Dak lover and not objective.You can’t possibly think he’s top 5 or elite?If he hasn’t figured it out yet, then he probably won’t.They say after year 3 is usually when the light turns on.His light must be burnt out.

Ken

Reaction score
Ken, you are obviously a Dak lover and not objective.You can’t possibly think he’s top 5 or elite?If he hasn’t figured it out yet, then he probably won’t.They say after year 3 is usually when the light turns on.His light must be burnt out.
What do you think he hasn't figured out?

Sorry, I am not in this make-believe world where we pretend he has to ride the short bus to practice.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Respect, but I don't agree....Stafford didn't win in Detroit and now he's in the SB.....hmmm, maybe it's not all on the QB?

Maybe the 49ers don't have as broken of a culture as we do here in Dallas. Ultimately, it falls on the coaches if players play uninspired football. Here Jerry has set it up so that he is seen as the leader of the team instead of the coach, so the coach is hamstrung from the beginning, and it is hard to judge how effective they would be if Jerry didn't handy cap them. But then you being a coach, would know that some people have talent and some people have good leadership traits. You want your Quarterback to have those traits, but it can be hard to find players that are both talented and good leaders. Here in Dallas, we need players to step up and provide the leadership that we are not getting from our coaches. I really don't see that happening on the field during game time, like you used to see happen in the 90's. I'm sure you also know there are some QBs that can step on the field and get mad when his team is playing less than what they are capable of. Nobody gets mad here in Dallas. When is the last time you seen a player get mad here because of the awful performance we are giving. Who got mad in the San Francisco game. In the end, there was no kind of leadership on display in that 49ers loss, the team under performed, nobody got mad, everbody including the quarterback played uninspired football. Well, everyone except the defense; the defense was good enough for us to win that game.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If Romo and Dak can't get it done, maybe it's not them.....championships aren't easy to come by....it takes more than a QB.....
"It takes more than a QB" has become the war cry for fans that know their team doesn't have a good enough QB.

The Rams had a good team, but the QB was holding them back, they dump him and get a real one and now they're in the Super Bowl.

The Bengals got a real QB and in his first full season has his team in the Super Bowl.

If the 49ers have a better QB then they might be in the Super Bowl right now because of the team they have.

Great teams will get you a deep run, but a great QB is going to get you a ring more times than not.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score

Sorry, I am not in this make-believe world where we pretend he has to ride the short bus to practice.
How to read a D

How to properly read a defense.He’s too sssslllooooowww to go through progressions.How to beat a a two deep coverage look.He figured out how to beat the blitz, but hasn’t figured out coverage yet, nor has his Ocoordinator.

Ken

Reaction score
How to read a D

How to properly read a defense.He’s too sssslllooooowww to go through progressions.How to beat a a two deep coverage look.He figured out how to beat the blitz, but hasn’t figured out coverage yet, nor has his Ocoordinator.
So you are asserting that he has not been able to read defenses or go through progression fast enough but somehow had the 3rd highest QB rating in the league and broke the Cowboys single season td record?

This is your assertion?

While i agree to an extent that there are issues with beating the blitz, it isn't Dak(Dak had among the highest ratings against the blitz) that has the issue, it is the scheme. The scheme has been exploited to take away hot route(as there is only ever 1, which is another issue) and manipulate where we try and go with the ball. This has been going on since Romo when Garrett was OC... We are running the same offense we have been running, I am not sure everyone realizes that. Same scheme, different playcallers.

We get away with these deficiencies against less-talented teams. This isn't the qb as the same sleights were also made against Romo.

It is the scheme. We need to change it completely. It is time.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
So you are asserting that he has not been able to read defenses or go through progression fast enough but somehow had the 3rd highest QB rating in the league and broke the Cowboys single season td record?

This is your assertion?

While i agree to an extent that there are issues with beating the blitz, it isn't Dak(Dak had among the highest ratings against the blitz) that has the issue, it is the scheme. The scheme has been exploited to take away hot route(as there is only ever 1, which is another issue) and manipulate where we try and go with the ball. This has been going on since Romo when Garrett was OC... We are running the same offense we have been running, I am not sure everyone realizes that. Same scheme, different playcallers.

We get away with these deficiencies against less-talented teams. This isn't the qb as the same sleights were also made against Romo.

It is the scheme. We need to change it completely. It is time.
No, he’s beats the blitz well, he hasn’t been able to beat coverage.That’s how teams played us the 2nd half of the year and didn’t figure it out starting w/ the Denver game.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's a 10-14 ranked QB who sometimes has stats that make him look better but only on paper. Still above average just not elite.

Aven8

Reaction score
37 TD’s and 10 picks is outstanding no matter how you slice it folks. And they are right his OC has done him no favors. Quit making him something he’s not and get an offense better suited to his skill set please