Video: TMZ: Alleged Witnesses In Michael Irvin Incident Recount Story, Back Hall of Famer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The witness says the conversation looked jovial, that they were laughing and it ended with a handshake. How is this gonna come out that he said something so offensive?
Yeah you would think if he said something crazy why would it end with a handshake. Maybe it’s just me but that seems strange if that’s how it really went down.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The witness says the conversation looked jovial, that they were laughing and it ended with a handshake. How is this gonna come out that he said something so offensive?
Because often interactions take a minute to process and when someone puts out their hand for a handshake we are inclined to reciprocate

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I don't think they're "official" witnesses yet otherwise Irvin's lawyers would tell them not to do TV interviews so they don't get into trouble like Irvin did with his words. TMZ just wanted them for their story and grabbed them early.
Thanks but I think I was right.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Because often interactions take a minute to process and when someone puts out their hand for a handshake we are inclined to reciprocate
Maybe you’re a slow processor because most interactions don’t take a minute to process. Well I’ll speak for myself in the previous sentence. This is the internet though so I’m sure I might be talking to a foremost expert in the matter. In that case I apologize in advance

CWR

Reaction score
Maybe you’re a slow processor because most interactions don’t take a minute to process. Well I’ll speak for myself in the previous sentence. This is the internet though so I’m sure I might be talking to a foremost expert in the matter. In that case I apologize in advance

Lol, if someone said something as offensive as Irvin was accused of saying I'm not going to need a second to process. My rebuttal will be preloaded. If it was bad enough for NFL network to pull him, I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to stand there, smile and shake hands. Anything is possible, but also unlikely.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lol, if someone said something as offensive as Irvin was accused of saying I'm not going to need a second to process. My rebuttal will be preloaded. If it was bad enough for NFL network to pull him, I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to stand there, smile and shake hands. Anything is possible, but also unlikely.
Exactly. That’s why I’m like I don’t know what the guy I quoted was talking about. Like you said it is possible but highly unlikely.

Reactions: CWR

shabazz

Reaction score
If Michael Irvin turns out to be 100% innocent, the NFL Network should be ashamed of themselves. And it would be interesting what happens if they ask Irvin to come back at some point. I hope he tells them to F off.
Unfortunately corporations have been bullied by social media platforms and special interest groups into canceling people merely accused of the most menial of accusation

some here in this country used this type of tactics to abuse power, make money, and further fringe causes for their own selfish and corrupt reason…..and the rest of us have to live with it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A $100 million lawsuit is a sobering countermeasure. And sobering is a severe understatement.

It would not surprise me if Marriott and other corporate entities within the industry institute some new policies or modify current ones regarding employee and celebrity interactions in the future. Does not matter whether Irvin wins, ends up with a lesser settlement or have the suit thrown out of court. Companies will actively seek to mitigate any future legal expenses for defending against such cases and the hundreds of millions of dollar threats attached to them.
of course there's a lot we don't know but it appears her ( the employee that is ) superior/supervisors overreacted OR someone with NFL Network wanted MIke gone.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I saw the video of Irvin talking to her the guy in the interview was about 3-4 feet away from Irvin and watching the conversation the entire time.
No, there's a video of Irvin talking to people that took place BEFORE the event people are talking about. From what I've seen, no video of the event in question has been released yet.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So a woman talks to you for 45 seconds and says that she wants to bed you and then disappears into the elevator. Would this cause you a lot of distress Or would you be able to move on?
It's not a question of MY distress, it's a question of another's. I can't decide for another what is going to distress them or not, especially since I don't know them or their experiences.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Maybe the wrong pronouns were used. People get bent over that stuff now days.:huh:

Its possible to say something totally offensive in a minute or less but by all accounts it did not appear to be that way.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Pretty soon male athletes and entertainers will never speak to women. And I wouldn't blame them.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If you are guilty than you should be held accountable, but I'm really getting sick of the leeches in society that immediately identify money and latch on with false allegations with sole intent on financial gain.
You are the scum of the earth.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I don't think they're "official" witnesses yet otherwise Irvin's lawyers would tell them not to do TV interviews so they don't get into trouble like Irvin did with his words. TMZ just wanted them for their story and grabbed them early.
Nowadays, stuff like this is "tried" in the court of public opinion and there is no damning evidence that he did anything out of line. The counter suit and having witnesses coming out immediately, damage control, helps keep the media and press at bay a bit, instead of dragging his name further through the mud by waiting to have them come forward. Maybe they did hear more details of the conversation and were told not to go into detail.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Any number of things could have been at play here which is why I want a court case to air all the dirt. As I said in the other thread maybe the employee didn't know the hotel would kick Irvin out and it's become more than she bargained for. She could have been a hottie and Irvin did say something, and because she's a hottie, managers at the hotel wanted a chance and played overzealous white knight to get in her good graces. Maybe NFLN only needed to hear that Irvin got kicked out of the hotel and that was good enough for them. So many possibilities but everything hinges on what was said and I think it's unlikely that any audio exists so there'll just be this rumor haze.
Both witness said the conversation was light and friendly a few feet away.

Are there any witnesses to the contrary?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.