TNF- Birds vs The Gents

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh my goodness! The Giants just blew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They had the wingman wide open if they throw that! I think that may have been a TD.

JayFord

Reaction score
The Giants coulve snapped it and caught the eagles with too many men on the field but what do they do?

wait until Philly gets set with 11 men

it was like 4th and 4 it wouldve been a first

dfense

Reaction score
Really thought Danny dimes would start to show something this year. But he seems afraid at times to let it fly.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Honest to goodness! I'm so glad Garrett's gone!!!!!!! Why would you not fake it there????? You have a wide open TD, and you punt? It was set up perfectly!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Giants coulve snapped it and caught the eagles with too many men on the field but what do they do?

Or fake the punt and throw it to the wingman! I don't get why they just punt it there other than Garrett being OC.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
JG running a balanced attack:

30th in rushing
30th in passing

McCarthy may not be the right coach for the Cowboys but it doesn't mean that letting Garrett go was the wrong decision. Some people are trying to use McCarthy's awful start in Dallas to imply that letting Garrett go was mistake.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Honest to goodness! I'm so glad Garrett's gone!!!!!!! Why would you not fake it there????? You have a wide open TD, and you punt? It was set up perfectly!

Jason Garrett is not the head coach just like Rod Marinelli is not the defensive coordinator in Las Vegas.

These two distinctions have been really hard for this message board to comprehend.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
McCarthy may not be the right coach for the Cowboys but it doesn't mean that letting Garrett go was the wrong decision. Some people are trying to use McCarthy's awful start in Dallas to imply that letting Garrett go was mistake.

Exactly, and that punt was a good example of why it's good that Garrett is gone. At least Bones would tell Jones to throw the ball there with nobody on the wing man.

JayFord

Reaction score
Daniel Jones is good for giving the Eagles at least an INT or 2 tonight.
I mean they coulda just snapped it and punted it while the eagles had 18 men on the field

it wouldve given them a first down

and the gunner was absolutely wide open as well.....thats why theyre 1-5

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Ref was standing over the ball - couldn't snap it. When you make a change like that they give the defense the chance make changes now.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is not the head coach just like Rod Marinelli is not the defensive coordinator in Las Vegas.

These two distinctions have been really hard for this message board to comprehend.

I know, but that could've been a free offensive play for the Giants. I don't get why either he or Judge said not to throw that. You keep the offense on the field, sub and run the punt team on, and in the midst of the confusion, you have the wing man wide open. It's set up perfectly for a great pay off. And you punt? No! You throw that.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I mean they coulda just snapped it and punted it while the eagles had 18 men on the field

it wouldve given them a first down

and the gunner was absolutely wide open as well.....thats why theyre 1-5

they could not snap it because the defense has to be allowed to substitute when the offense does. You could see they were trying and ballantyne didnt realize or they would have just thrown him the ball.