TNF: Eagles vs Packers

SacredStar

Reaction score
Packers lost the same way to the Eagles as Minnesota lost to Green Bay two weeks ago.....an int at the end of game by Cousins. Karma in a way.

This was GB's 3rd straight home game. They go to Dallas next week then have 2 more home games. Nice to see them lose at Lambeau but too bad it was against Philly.

triplets_93

Reaction score
(Sup, bros!)

I'm extra nervous about this game. Sure it'd be great if the Eagles fall to 1-3 but the other factor at play here is the last thing I want is to face a Packers team coming off of a loss at home with a few extra days to prepare.

So go G's. I just wish this game was being played on a frozen tundra.

The stakes are high. The ramifications for the Cowboys! are huge.

Prediction - Cheese in a blender. A Wentzinart blender.

Eagles 34
Packers 20

We have a better D than the Packers. So does Philly. We don't need 2 weeks to prepare for the Packers.

Go DALLAS !!

aria

Reaction score
Toot yer' trumpet outta' yer' barracks bag,ya piker.:rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

*did you drop some considerable coinage in this games misjudged outcome, BROUGHAM?,,,or is it way to early in the season fer' some serious gamblation goin'down?o_O
You’re lucky I’m really into a book and was watching the game on mute and reading instead of killing brain cells arguing with people here but I’ll be back Sunday night to talk all the people off the ledge the first time we don’t score or stop the Breesless Saints and all the naysayers and negative nancies come out.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Right after they won the Super Bowl, I walked through that crappy airport in Philly and the most prominently display item in their sports memorabilia shop was a shirt that said "Cowboys Suck". It was not even in the little store, it was out in the middle of he aisle in front of the store and raised up in the air such that everyone could see it.

I remember well the animosity between Dallas and Philly... in the 80's.

Most satisfaction in beating the Eckels over any other NFC team.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The new Packers coach got exposed last night. It's crazy how playcallers can completely wet the bed when it comes to running the ball. Even if the running game has been shutdown for the game, there are still creative ways to call some high-percentage running plays when you're inside the opponent's 3. Having 1st down at the 1 and calling 4 straight passes is a football sin

Flamma

Reaction score
The new Packers coach got exposed last night. It's crazy how playcallers can completely wet the bed when it comes to running the ball. Even if the running game has been shutdown for the game, there are still creative ways to call some high-percentage running plays when you're inside the opponent's 3. Having 1st down at the 1 and calling 4 straight passes is a football sin

When Rodgers probably could have just dove in behind his OL. The Eagles were shoving it down their throats when they got down there, but the Packers decide to get cute. Then on 2nd and Goal from the 3 was it? When he threw the pick? They earned that loss.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
When Rodgers probably could have just dove in behind his OL. The Eagles were shoving it down their throats when they got down there, but the Packers decide to get cute. Then on 2nd and Goal from the 3 was it? When he threw the pick? They earned that loss.

They really did. I mean, it's bad enough that they elected to throw the ball and never run it, down on the goal but if you watch both of those plays by GB, the INT and the throw away by Rodgers, GB had Shepard open in the endzone both times. I mean, wide open, don't get more open in the NFL, both times on the right side and Rodgers never looked at him either time. Rodgers and the Packers definitely earned this L.

Flamma

Reaction score
They really did. I mean, it's bad enough that they elected to throw the ball and never run it, down on the goal but if you watch both of those plays by GB, the INT and the throw away by Rodgers, GB had Shepard open in the endzone both times. I mean, wide open, don't get more open in the NFL, both times on the right side and Rodgers never looked at him either time. Rodgers and the Packers definitely earned this L.

That's what makes it more mind boggling. It's not easy to throw from the 1. Too much stuff going on in a compressed space. You just don't have the time to be looking around all over the place. The easy route is the run or QB sneak. Especially if you have 4 plays from the 1!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That's what makes it more mind boggling. It's not easy to throw from the 1. Too much stuff going on in a compressed space. You just don't have the time to be looking around all over the place. The easy route is the run or QB sneak. Especially if you have 4 plays from the 1!

You don't have to sell me, I'm a run first guy. However, if you are built to win with the pass, then you better be able to understand what the Defense is giving you. On the Throw Away, that looked like an RPO type play. I mean, your TE is 6'7, being covered by a 5'9 DB. Throw it up and let your guy go get it or maybe if it's covered, you see the Safety cheating, you gotta know that they will short a man on the other side. That's just understanding the read so you know you have a guy on the other side. All you have to do is toss it up, the guy was wide open. Nobody covered him at all.

On the INT, Rodgers forces that into triple coverage. Again, you know who you have in the pattern. If three guys are covering your short read, then you have to know that the patter to the sideline in the End Zone is going to be wide open. It has to be, the read tells you that three guys jumped the short route but lets say he didn't see all three. Even if that's the case, the coverage has to be in a trailing position and if you simply see that the short route is covered, then it's man to man on Shepard. The only way to stop that completion is to chuck Shepard off his route and nobody played him tight. If you just look at Shepard you know that the route is there because nobody did that. Nobody even covered him but again, even if you don't know that, you definitely know that the coverage would have been wrong to stop the pattern because nobody forced him off his route. Both of those routes are right in front of you. You see what happens with the short guy so you know you have Shepard open by virtue of the read. Or at least you should if you are the best QB in the league.

Rodgers crapped the bed last night and that's just the truth of it IMO.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You’re lucky I’m really into a book and was watching the game on mute and reading instead of killing brain cells arguing with people here but I’ll be back Sunday night to talk all the people off the ledge the first time we don’t score or stop the Breesless Saints and all the naysayers and negative nancies come out.
Cool:thumbup: