TNF - Patriots at Steelers Thread

Motorola

Reaction score
Yes Steelers go down.
Poor poor Pittsburgh :lmao:
A Steelers loss is always fun to watch, IMO. Especially when it's in front of their fans in their stadium.
Something that flies under the radar is the Steelers have 3 playoff wins in the last 12 years. They are heading into Cowboys territory as the years will start to go by without that once success they had. Their last Super Bowl appearance was 2010 and last Super Bowl win was 2008. Not a whole lot at all since then. They will wake up and it will be a few decades since that success. They have no future with Pickett as their QB.
In the 6 years since their AFC Championship game loss (2016 season), Pittsburgh has missed the postseason 3 times, and been one-and-done = 0-3 in their playoff games following the 2017, 2020, and 2021 regular seasons.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I really enjoyed watching Zeke play last night! Wouldn't have even watched that game, then I heard Zeke was getting the start as RB1. Good game for him!
Zeke plays winning football and he is unselfish. His hustle to catch that DB on that INT was a prime example of why you want guys like him on your team . That also confirmed that his knee is holding up and his speed is still there because not a lot of RBs can chase down DBs. But we already saw that speed on display when he took that screen 76 yards earlier this year. He even showed it a little bit on the swing pass he scored on last night.. The linebacker had a decent angle to make the stop but Zeke hit the accelerator and zipped right past him and really scored untouched. I really like Stevenson but I kinda feel like the Pats would have more success if they started Zeke. Then again, neither back was overcoming the abject failure that is Mac Jones!

Rayman70

Reaction score
the Refs cost the steelers the win or at least a viable shot at it. Can't stand either team, but my eyes aren't lyin. That was not a foul. The center was 1000% legit. This is a case where the ref may have cost the team a win. Refs must be held accountable in a harsher way.

1942willys

Reaction score
the Refs cost the steelers the win or at least a viable shot at it. Can't stand either team, but my eyes aren't lyin. That was not a foul. The center was 1000% legit. This is a case where the ref may have cost the team a win. Refs must be held accountable in a harsher way.
Absolutely agree but was it not fun seeing the Refs stick it to the Squealers even if just by incompetence?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The head Bob was way over the top. It was the correct call.
Dallas C “s have been called for much less.
one time the C squeezed the ball as normal before the snap on a FG. Was called for a snap infraction. The FG from 5 yards back was no good. As where the 1st one was. Washington won.

Motorola

Reaction score
Recall a similar situation with the Cowboys' former long-snapper Louis Philippe Ladouceur five seasons ago in a game v. the Red Potatoskins.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh. So you don't get upset when Dallas loses these scripted shows and Dak and all the other players aren't really any good, they are just acting out the plays as instructed, right? Neat.
Every fan of Ric Flair wants him to win, duh.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to agree. All centers do it. This is the kind of crap I've been talking about with these refs. If the refs can call a false start any time a center does that, they can influence games. They can pick and choose. There is no guideline.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to agree. All centers do it. This is the kind of crap I've been talking about with these refs. If the refs can call a false start any time a center does that, they can influence games. They can pick and choose. There is no guideline.
bingo