TNF: Steelers vs Browns

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The horse collar Rudolph did earlier in the game might have also had something to do with him getting hammered by his own helmet.

I like to watch Garrett play. Helluva a pass rusher. Sad I won't get to see him play for awhile, but I don't give two #2's about the steelers, Rudolph, or the helmet bashing he took.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
What Kareem Hunt did was child's play compared to what Garrett did. Honestly watch both videos and tell me which video is more malicious. Kareem is trying to rid his problem with the women he pushed down...Garrett has the look of doing serious damage to another human being.

Being what Kareem did was to a girl makes it seem worse but Garrett is trying to really harm someone.

gmb1

Reaction score
????

100 years of the nfl and this has never happened.
The league has done everything possible to avoid blows to the head.
This was after the whistle.
He hit a helmet less player directly in the head with a helmet that he swung as hard as he could.

You have to be joking with the 3 or 4 games and using the tired "media" term in the manner you are using.

The dude should be done for the rest of this year and more imo. It was ridiculous.
This guy got 3 games for this

Tussinman

Reaction score
He should get maybe 3 or 4 games but not the whole season. Some media people are overreacting.
We'll there's only 6 games left this season. If he got the whole rest of the season then that's not really "overreacting"

MikeB80

Reaction score
This guy got 3 games for this

another mental patient. Different situation tonight though. the browns already knocked out two wr with hits to the head and garrett hit a QUARTERBACK in the head with a helmet while he wasnt wearing one.

I really don't think you can understate this enough. The league is looking to be viewed as a safe league that cares about its players safety more than anything. He is going to be crucified and he deserves every bit of it.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Something had to happen to make Garrett lose his mind like that. There is more here than what we saw. Someone said something. That's not a viable excuse for Garrett to do what he did but he didn't lose his mind like that for no reason at all.
Yeah I didn't understand it. There up by 14 points with 8 seconds left and Garret is literally sprinting full speed to take Rudolphs head off (I don't know what his problem is ?)

I think the suspension is a no brainer......he's done for the season. Question is...how hard do they hit his wallet? First million dollar fine for a player? I think it's possible...
Worst than the wallet will be the lost of accolades and void of guaranteed.

He was on pace for pro bowl and at least 2nd team all-pro (he will now get neither). Also now the remaining guaranteed portion of his contract (which is all the contract since he was a top pick) is now voided .Basically remained of this year and all of his 4th year is now non-guaranteed.

If they exercise the 5th year option which is a no brainier then that will now be non-guaranteed as well

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
He should be suspended indefinitely .. not just this year. His NFL license should be revoked as well. Then set a date 12 months from now to allow him to submit an a application to be reinstated. Simple as that

That was an attempted murder. I am not sure the police should stay out of this. If someone hit someone else in the street with a helmet he would be gone to jail and faces trial maybe.

Still, Rudolph should be investigated to see what he said to make Garret react this way

:cool:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rudolph will get his due as well but not near what Garrett will get.

I was a tad surprised Rudolph didn't get sent off too for tugging at the helmet. I suspect he'll get a fine, Pouncey and 65 will draw a 1 game ban each, and Garrett (sadly not our Garrett) will likely draw at least a 3-4 week ban if not longer.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
He should be suspended indefinitely .. not just this year. His NFL license should be revoked as well. Then set a date 12 months from now to allow him to submit an a application to be reinstated. Simple as that

That was an attempted murder. I am not sure the police should stay out of this. If someone hit someone else in the street with a helmet he would be gone to jail and faces trial maybe.

Still, Rudolph should be investigated to see what he said to make Garret react this way

:cool:
attempted murder? please

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Rudolph looked like he instigated trying to remove the helmet first, he just got owned instead by someone stronger. No reason for Garret to swing the helmet like that though.

Umm. No.

You don't instigate getting hit in the head with a helmet.

Delete your account

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Full year ban.

Players serve a year for testing positive for weed to many times.

Criminal assault gotta be that or longer

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wow Garrett is a gutless weasel.

he shouldn't play again this year. That was worse than the albert haynesworth on andre gurode.

What garrett did is 100x worse than smoking pot and they keep guys out for full seasons for that.

Agreed. He'll likely start with a lengthy ban, and then appeal it down to 4 games with it being his first offence.