To all Kellen Moore supporters/detractors

Kaiser

Reaction score
I like what I saw of Moore, he has something. I don't see him being a starter in the NFL but a reasonable backup that still gives you a chance to win is still a valuable commodity in the NFL.

I think the key thing is that Moore could be a good backup with more reps and more time in the film room (I think that of Cassell too BTW), which lessens the pressure to take a QB in the first round. If they think Moore could step in and execute, they could take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year and not feel pressured to force a QB pick in the 1st round.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I feel like he earned the right to start the last two games and see what he does with a full week of preparation and what teams do when they're actually preparing for him.

He flashed some good stuff. He might show in these final two games that he can be a capable backup.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dude...You must be Tony Romo shaking in your boots. All you have done is post your hate.....And complete BS. Take your agenda somewhere else.o_O

******!!!

Romo isn't worried in the least about Kellen Moore.

Talk about an agenda.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The other nice thing about Moore starting the final 2 games.

Obviously if he plays well you possibly found your back up QB. At the very least he'll have earned the right to fight for that this offseason.

If he sucks it up it actually does two things. You know that he's not worth wasting your time with and more than likely Floaty will disappear from these forums, along with his QB controversy agenda. So the next two weeks have those things going for them.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Talk about a rough stretch for the kid, he's being welcolmed to the NFL with really tough defenses. I'm interested to see how he handles Buffalo.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I like what I saw of Moore, he has something. I don't see him being a starter in the NFL but a reasonable backup that still gives you a chance to win is still a valuable commodity in the NFL.

I think the key thing is that Moore could be a good backup with more reps and more time in the film room (I think that of Cassell too BTW), which lessens the pressure to take a QB in the first round. If they think Moore could step in and execute, they could take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year and not feel pressured to force a QB pick in the 1st round.

If one of the top 2 qb's is there when we pick. We take one. Moore doesn't lesson the pressure just because he went 15-25 with 3 int's.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Aikman first game: 48% completion 0 TD's 2 ints.
Romo first game: 56% completion 2 TD's 3 ints.

Considering that he only played a few snaps all week, and going up against one of the best defenses in the league he did really well. He moved well in the pocket and went through his progressions rapidly. His release was very quick. He did struggle looking off the safety, which is common with new QB's and he lacked accuracy on his longer passes.
He likely does not posses all skills to be a starter in the league, but I think he showed enough to be considered a strong backup. The next two weeks will be his audition.

Moore's first game: 60% completion TD's 3 ints. really 2 , and 52 passer rating.
and he didnt play the whole game.

I knew he would make some mistakes, but he showed he could move the offense and go to secondary receivers and do things quicker.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Talk about a rough stretch for the kid, he's being welcolmed to the NFL with really tough defenses. I'm interested to see how he handles Buffalo.

Yeah the jets are a top defense, and so is buffalo. and wash isnt bad.

waving monkey

Reaction score
for as little experience as he has despite his time in the league
he will be the lead candidate for our back up role
we still need that franchise QB

Cmac

Reaction score
He wasn't good. Being better than Cassel, doesn't make him good.

I like the kid, but he didn't answer any questions other than that bringing Cassel in was one of the worst personnel decisions in recent Cowboy history.

agree....he wasn't good, but better than the bad. We saw why he hasn't received a snap tonight. Being around ugly don't necessarily make you pretty.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
If one of the top 2 qb's is there when we pick. We take one. Moore doesn't lesson the pressure just because he went 15-25 with 3 int's.

I'm all for drafting a QB, but I don't think this is the year that they should reach for one...

I'd rather take Bosa, Treadwell, Ramsey, Jack, and a handfull of others than reaching for a QB.

Draft a position of need and grab a QB in the second round.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I liked a lot of things about him but I can't get passed how poor his throwing mechanics are. He will never be able to complete passes more than 10-15 yards downfield on a regular basis so teams will play the run and take away the short passes against him. He looked to me like he knew the offense real well and can make quick decisions but his poor mechanics and lack of zip will never allow him to be a starter in the NFL. He is the kind of player that's nice to have when you are desperate but you are always looking to upgrade from as soon as possible.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
I think he has potential, I sure wish he would have gotten more playing time earlier this season

cml750

Reaction score
I think Moore has the potential to be a Jason Garrett type of backup(something he was actually VERY good at unlike other things;)) in that he will perform when called upon but never challenge for the top QB spot. He seems like he can read a defense, make quick decisions and has a quick release. A little game film will go a long way into fixing some of the mistakes.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I'm all for drafting a QB, but I don't think this is the year that they should reach for one...

I'd rather take Bosa, Treadwell, Ramsey, Jack, and a handfull of others than reaching for a QB.

Draft a position of need and grab a QB in the second round.

Just take the highest rated player on the board in the 1st...no matter if its QB, DT, DE or CB....the boys need as many play makers as they can get....